Product Review

Krymsonkween

Okay let's due an update of a old favoriate that u went bak 2 or something that u have found that has been a life saver 4 ur hair. I will start:
Silk Elemnets Shampoo and Moisturizing mask condish
Wen I washed my hair my hair felt so good and soft I did not have alot of tangles either. I have used Keracare over a year now and this has replaced my keracare.
Aphogee gloss this stuff made my hair so soft and manageable. I am 6wks post and my hair does not feel like it. It gives a great shine and I use it daily to seal with and it does not weight my hair down nor does my hair feel greasy.
Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade this helps with my edges and lays them down really good. I was using the EQ mango butter or the Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade. They both weight my hair down and made it feel greasy.

Staples:
Silk Elemnts olive oil shampoo and moisturinzing mask condish
Aphogee gloss, keratin spray and leave-in
Aphogee protein 1x monthly
Paul Mitchell pomade for edges
NTM daily moisturizer I put this on my fingers and rub my ends as this is where I get most of my dryness then I seal with Aphogee gloss if it is a really cold day I use African best and put on my fingers and rub my ends.

BeetleBug

Chagrin Valley Olive Babassu Shampoo Bar: I still have the sample that I ordered months ago. I plan on buying the full size bar soon. On to the review:
Smell: It has no smell to it.
Color: It has a beige/tan color to it.
Price: $2.50 for sample size and $6.75 for full size
Performance: It cleanses the scalp and hair well w/o dryness. It lasts a long time b/c I still have the sample size. I believe the full size bar will probably last me a year. I give it a 5/5.

Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream
Smell: Faint Lemon Scent
Color: White
Consistency: Creamy yet sort of firm at the same time
Price: $5.50 for sample size/ $16.00 for full size
Performance: This is my hg moisturizer. I use this on damp or dry hair and it leaves my hair moisturized for days. 5/5

Last edited:

BeetleBug

Suave Naturals Tangerine and Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioners
Smell: The tangerine has a citrus, fruity scent and the wild cherry blossom is kind of perfumey.
Color: Tangerine is orange and the wild cherry blossom is pinkish.
Price: Less than $1.50 at most stores
Consistency: Like a creamy lotion
Performance: I use this as a detangler and as a cowash conditioner. As a detangler, it's perfect. It has perfect slip and the comb just glides through my hair when I use this. As a cowash conditioner, it works fine also. It never leaves my hair parched. There are a few times when I also use this as a leave in. I never had a problem when I use it that way either. 5/5

Kinky Curly Knot Today
Smell: Cherry and something else. It's pleasant enough.
Color: White
Price: $12.00
Consistency: Creamy lotion. Slightly thicker than Suave conditioners.
Performance: I use this as a leave in conditioner. It leaves hair soft. It can work great as a detangler due to the immense slip. I will continue to repurchase. I will rate this 4/5. The only reason why I'm not rating it 5/5 is because of the price.

Last edited:

MonPetite

Recently, I went back to Paul Mitchel The Conditioner as a leave-in. I won't be buying it again as I've had better, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it truly moisturizes. I had forgotten how soft it made my hair. I just want something with a better scent.

destine2grow

I love SE Megasilk Olive Oil dc. I love the way it makes my hair feels. I also love using VO5 passion fruit smoothie for my cowashes.

Mane 'n Tail Leave-In Conditioner
Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:cloud9: (how did i ever forget about you) i can use you for so many purposes...pre-shampoo....hot oil treatment.....leave-in.
Coconut Oil.......you make hair soft and shiny for that i love you.
Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner.......i use you for condition washes. i use to hate you so much.... but....now i love you. the way you untangle my hair and allow the comb to slide through is lovely.
:drunk:

Last edited:

maxineshaw

Wonder 8 Oil. I used it all the time as a relaxed head and had no idea that I was sealing. It helped me retain length so much length (...before a horrible gel breaking incident). That was way back in 6th and 7th grade. Now it's my oil of choice again. My ends stay so soft and smooth. I started to buy Kemi Oyl too, but it's too expensive for such a small bottle (but I might try it again anyway when I run out of Wonder 8 oil just in case I like it better).

BB Oil Moisturizer. Tried it when I first went natural and didn't like it. I still don't care for the fragrance, but this stuff is an excellent moisturizer. And, I can find it for $2 a bottle. Win win.

Infusium 23. This stuff has been in my house my whole life. I've always hated how runny it is, but for some odd reason it moisturizes my hair better than thicker leave-ins. It also helps to expand my hair and take the tangles out. When I run out of the bottle I jacked from my sister:grin:, I'm going to buy the GVP version.

Beeswax, particularly Softee Beeswax. I've only done a few practice twists, but I really like how this product makes my twist stay together. Since I'm will not use hair gel, I think this is a much better option for me. Plus its dirt cheap and keeps my hair protected.

Fine 4s

I tried Garnier's Deep Penetrating 3 conditioner and I liked it.
Then again, I had an overall good hair washing experience.

On to the review:

Smell: Citrusy smell to it? Not overwhelming. Liked it.
Color: White cream.
Viscosity: Not runny like AO but not heavy like Elasta QP either.
Price: $2.99 for 10 oz at a discount store.
Performance: I guess it deep conditioned well (I could never really tell these things)

I applied coconut oil as a pre-poo (did the garlic mixed with coconut oil thing as an anti-shedding treatment but wasn't all that impressed- I don't think I mixed it correctly either) and sat under the dryer for about 10 mns. I detangled in the shower with a medium sized bone comb before washing in 11 braids.
Clarified with heavily diluted Kenra. Once good soap up.
Still in braids allowed hair to airdry about 50%??? maybe less (talking on the phone)
Applied the DC to each section. Sit under dryer for 15 mns or until my whole head is warm. Keep DC on for an additional hour with no heat.
Rinse with water
Apply Qhemet - Amla Heavy Cream moisturizer (generously to each section)
Got my hair braided will post pics of it later....

I think that Pre-pooing with an oil might be a must for me now. The detangling process was much easier than with condish and the slip was slippery :)