Product Review

Armyqt

Okay ladies, while the boards were down, my PJism got the best of me and I went out and splurged a little. I bought the keracare line that Adrienne raves about so proudly. I washed my hair with the Keracare Detangling shampoo (veerrry moisturizing), and rinsed. I then applied Nioxin structure and strength reconstructor and let sit for 10min in shower and rinsed out. After I applied the Keracare Humecto conditioner (absolutely heavenly) and left on a few more minutes. After I sprayed on Joico Integrity leave-in and applied a quarter size amount of the Keracare Silken Seal and proceeded to blowdry my hair. My hair was shiny, bouncy and very healthy looking. The best I'd achieved EVER by myself. The best part of the whole process was I lost about 3 hairs throughout the blowdrying (i usually have hair all over the floor). And for the finishing touches, I added a little Kiehl's creme. I will continue to use these products alternating with my favorite Elucence products. Oh i'm also gonna try the nixion Sebolytic scalp cleanser and see how I like that. My product quest is finally over!!! (I think) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks adrienne. Now I know why your hair always looks so nice.

G

YAY!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif i'm glad the KeraCare worked for you. i bought the elucence recently and also plan to alternate between the two lines. the KeraCare is still my favorite though. while the elucence conditioner worked well, the Humecto leaves my hair softer and i lose less hairs during combout, which is THE deciding factor for me.

did you take pics? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Armyqt

Adrienne, I didn't take pics this time. I don't plan to post any more pics until my next relaxer. I plan to do this in late December. After that I'm gonna see if I can stretch my relaxer out a lot longer by using protective styles. I'm glad u like the elucence. It truly is a good product. My take on this whole Pjism thing is it is an endless search for a "Holy Grail". The fact of the matter is, there are many good products out there that work very well. The key to success is finding a few products that work for you and stick with them. Why fix a good thing. If it works then it works. Really no need to look for a "better" product. I feel truly blessed that I found these boards and people like you which has helped me greatly to change my thinking and find those right things that work for me. Happy growing girl. Thehair looks good!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

ArmyQT how did you find the Humecto comapred with the Elucence. I like the Elucence a lot but I cannot order that conditioner the shipping is just as much as the 33oz bottle. I'm looking for a great conditioner to apply to my damp hair after washing.

Armyqt

Londondiva, as far as moisturizing goes, the Keracare and Elucence are running neck and neck. If u have a problem ordering from the States I would definitely recommend the Keracre Humecto. It gets the job done. Personally, I love the elucence and will use it forever because of all the natural ingredients and moisturisers used.

Also forgot to mention that the Keracre Silken Seal was $20.00 for 4oz !!! (Yikes). Believe me I did not want to part w/my money so I asked the lady at the salon if I could bring it back if it didn't work. Of course, I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that it DID!. I will be purchasing again, but will only use on accasion when I wear my hair down.

LD I wanted to ask you what Nioxin products u use and how would you rate them.

Sweetcocoa, thanks very much. I'm glad u enjoyed the review. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Allandra

Armyqt,

Girl, you make me want to try the KeraCare Silken Seal. Every time I see it in the store, I look at the price tag and still say whoa. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif It sounds like you really, really, really like it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Hmmmmm.....if I do decide to try it, of course, I'll let you know.

Armyqt

Allandra, I really did like it. It was great for me. It really smoothed my cuticles down, without flattening them if that makes any sense. Well my hair is very fine and the blowdryer kind of blows my cuticles up to make my hair appear thicker. But unfortunately, it also makes the hair look dryer. The silken seal did wonders for that. My hair looked thick and shiny. I was too excited. I will try it next time when I air dry and see what the results will be, becuase I'm desperately trying to put down the blowdryer. It just keeps calling my name. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LondonDiva

Armyqt

Let's see

I have used
NX3 (Good scalp stimulator)
Bionutrient Shampoo (mild TEA sulfate shampoo, very stimulating)
Structure and strength (Didn't make much of a difference won't buy this again)
Scalp Therapy (Stimulating)
Cytogen (wast of money)
Bionutrient treatment (stimulating)

I like their ingredients in their products they have a good range of stimulating ingredients. On a whole I don't think I'll bother with their line again. Not saying that they aren't good. But I don't like the dry feeling after I use them on my scalp. I feel the peppermint and stimulating ingredients dry my hair out a little.

I'd much prefer to use something moisturising on my scalp like WGO instead of NX3.

But over a prolonged period of time I could see the NX3 working. I just don't have the motivation to keep using it. Plus it's expensive for that small 1oz.

Armyqt

Dionne, the Keracare are products can be found at most black hair salons. I founf mine on the military base where i'm stationed. If you're not sure where to purchase, get your phone book out and call around to the local salons and ask if they have them. Good luck.

LD, thanks for the review. I've only tried the structure and strength and my hiar seemed to like it. Can u tell me how often u used this reconstructor? Thank you.

LondonDiva

Armyqt

I didn't use the Structure and strength and awful lot to be honest. I had a small bottle of it ad never used it as a deep conditioner or anything under a dryer. I've only recently started using the hooded dryer for conditioning after every wash to see the real benefit of it.

Sorry I could't be of more help. I think overall I'll stick to ORS Hair mayo for conditioners. S&S left no lasting impressions on me even without heat.

Then again eveyon's hair is different

MochaEyeCandy

Armyqt said:
Okay ladies, while the boards were down, my PJism got the best of me and I went out and splurged a little. I bought the keracare line that Adrienne raves about so proudly. I washed my hair with the Keracare Detangling shampoo (veerrry moisturizing), and rinsed. I then applied Nioxin structure and strength reconstructor and let sit for 10min in shower and rinsed out. After I applied the Keracare Humecto conditioner (absolutely heavenly) and left on a few more minutes. After I sprayed on Joico Integrity leave-in and applied a quarter size amount of the Keracare Silken Seal and proceeded to blowdry my hair. My hair was shiny, bouncy and very healthy looking. The best I'd achieved EVER by myself. The best part of the whole process was I lost about 3 hairs throughout the blowdrying (i usually have hair all over the floor). And for the finishing touches, I added a little Kiehl's creme. I will continue to use these products alternating with my favorite Elucence products. Oh i'm also gonna try the nixion Sebolytic scalp cleanser and see how I like that. My product quest is finally over!!! (I think) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks adrienne. Now I know why your hair always looks so nice.
But the real question is, years later are you still feeling these products?