Product Reviews: Silicon Mix, Lacio Lacio, Taliah Waajid products

~Hair~Fetish~

*Silicon Mix (wanted to see what all the hoopla is about)

:nono: Sadly, this product didn't do it for me. The first time I tried it, I used it in the shower, left it on for about 10-15 minutes. No fireworks, no birds chirping, no slip... nothing. Just OK. Second time I DC'd overnight. When I rinsed the next morning, no slip whatsoever. :sad: Had to follow up with my trusty Giovanni Smooth as Silk in order to soften it enough for the shower comb to slide thru it. Glad I purchased the smallest container instead of one of those huge tubs. I'll give it one more try with heat, but that's it. (also, the mineral oil and cones scare the daylights outta me!) :down::down:

*Lacio Lacio (I'd heard about this so much but had never come across it)

All I can say is :wow: Like someone mentioned earlier, my hair is NEVER this shiny without some type of oil in it. After applying this to my hair, I picked up the bottle and just stared at it in awe! :infatuated: And the smell is to die for. :lick: My hair felt SO moisturized! But then I was suspicious like "wait a minute!...:ohwell: I bet once my hair airdries, it won't be all shiny and moisturized anymore". So while I was airdrying, I ran out to Wal-mart to pick up a few household items. My hair was completely dry when I got back home, and boy was it still soft and shiny! Even the new growth! This stuff is definitely a keeper. :yep: A little pricey, but definitely worth it. (ran back out today to pick up another bottle before you guys buy it all up :giggle:) :up::up:

*Taliah Waajid's Crinkles & Curls

I rarely use any type of setting lotion, but I wanted something light that provides flexible hold. This stuff did the job. :yep: It pumps out foamy, and it only takes a little bit. Used it for a twistout like the one in my siggy pic. :up::up:

*Taliah Waajid's Lock it Up Gel

Used this in combination with the Crinkles & Curls to define my twistouts better. It doesn't get stiff or flaky, and has a pleasant smell. The jar will probably last me a lifetime. :yep: :up::up:

*Taliah Waajid's African Healing Oyl (why? I rarely use oil)

Ok, I must admit... I purchased this because of the smell. :lick: I like that it is very sweet and fruity smelling, and the pointy applicator tip makes it easy to penetrate the dense jungle of new growth I have. I also like that it's an all-purpose oil... can be used on the body as well. :up::up:

There you have it... hope it helps someone. :spinning:

Last edited:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I only use silicone mix when heat, when I'm going to heat style or roller set. It's does nothing when I air dry with it.