Product Reviews

lunalight7

Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo and Joico Intensive Moisture Tx

I am 2 weeks post relaxer and this is my first wash since then. I did a pre-poo tx w/ Humecto mixed w/ avocado oil and pure aloe vera. Then I clarified w/ AO Swimmers (didn't lather). I then lathered once w/ the Botanoil (Thanx Lindy!!!
). I know that others hated this shampoo but I don't really expect much from a poo...I just want my hair to feel clean, not stripped. The Botanoil did just that. My hair felt soft and clean - - not hard and matted like others described. It wasn't quite as moisturizing as my beloved AO Sea Buckthorn and Egg, but a good shampoo in my opinion. No slip, no bells and whistles. Just clean hair. I give this an 8 out of 10 since other poos are more moisturizing and Botanoil aint cheap.

Then I left GPB on for about 5 mins in a steamy shower. Boy I am loving this condit more and more....

I applied the Joico and left it on w/ a plastic cap for about 20 minutes (since I am on the hunt for a deep condit that wont fizz out on me after 5 mins). The scent is interesting: like bubble gum....it is VERY thick...almost too thick to squeeze out of the bottle. The instructions state that the product is "concentrated" and that only a small amount should be used. I probably used more than was intended, but less than I usually do....I typically slather on tons of conditioner
. Anyhoo, upon rinse out, my hair felt soft and moist with slip...not mega slip like Smooth and Sleek....but this is the FIRST conditioner that I've tried that actually worked for me as a deep condit. My beloved Humectress and UANs Crema don't. So I give this product a 9 out of 10. It's a keeper.

Of course the PJ in me STILL wants to try the Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat, Neutrogena Triple Moisture, and Dove Conditioners!

LABETT

Thanks for the review Girl.
I wanted to try the joico conditioner called for a sample but the joico lady said they have no samples to send out on any joico product she was really rude too.
I will probably try the reken butter treat too.

Lindy

I'm glad you liked the Botanoil shampoo, Lunalight!!

That Joico sounds like good stuff. I may have to give it a try next month.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Of course the PJ in me STILL wants to try the Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat, Neutrogena Triple Moisture, and Dove Conditioners!

[/ QUOTE ]

That Redken Butter Treat is AWESOME!!! So is the Neutrogena Triple moisture!!! You should seriously try them!

Chaya

I applied the Joico and left it on w/ a plastic cap for about 20 minutes (since I am on the hunt for a deep condit that wont fizz out on me after 5 mins). The scent is interesting: like bubble gum....it is VERY thick...almost too thick to squeeze out of the bottle. The instructions state that the product is "concentrated" and that only a small amount should be used. I probably used more than was intended, but less than I usually do....I typically slather on tons of conditioner
. Anyhoo, upon rinse out, my hair felt soft and moist with slip...not mega slip like Smooth and Sleek....but this is the FIRST conditioner that I've tried that actually worked for me as a deep condit. My beloved Humectress and UANs Crema don't. So I give this product a 9 out of 10. It's a keeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah!

Im glad to see you liked the JOICO! This is my all time favorite conditioner. I put the bug out there about this a couple weeks ago! Im glad you decided to try it. You wont be disappointed.

It smells like bananas to me! I use a ton of it as well, by habit. Probably dont need all that! Ill have to work on conserving it since its a little expensive!

With my experience with the smooth down butter treat, its okay I would give it a 6 or 7/10. I think the JOICO is WAYYYYYYY better.

atlantatiffany

joico is the best. i have always used it. u should try the kpak conditioner too. i use it for co-washes and it makes my hair so soft.