Products for thickening the hair?

tastesosweet

Anybody have success using a product for thickening their hair? I've noticed the women in my family get good length, but not enough thickness. My hair is okay so far, but I wouldn't mind thickening it up a bit. Any suggestions?

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I have had succes with these:

~MTG for sure!
~Vitatress Biotin Creme
~Pureology Volumizing leave-in after a wash and blowdry (excellent results!!):D

Isis

Nexxus Headress Leave-in conditioner adds volume and thickness. Taking vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) will also thicken hair.

nuwoman02

Black castor oil is great for thicker hair. I use the Jamaican black castor oil. I also put some on my brows over night to thicken them up too. It just made sense to me but anyway. The smell tends to go away about 20-30 minutes after I put it on. The smell ain't no joke!!!

Sexyma

jaded_faerie said:
MTG and Nexxus Headress

Ditto. MTG for when you have it in a bun (b/c it's oily), Headress when you have it out. I swear by Headress as a volumizing leave-in!!!!!!!!!!

BAILEYSCREAM

Drinking carrot juice....I can't quite remember but drinking carrot juice either thickens your hair or makes it longer, anyway, it does wonders for the hair...there is a thread about this somewhere on the forum.

Isis

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Drinking carrot juice....I can't quite remember but drinking carrot juice either thickens your hair or makes it longer, anyway, it does wonders for the hair...there is a thread about this somewhere on the forum.
Yes, I forgot to mention carrot juice in my previous post! :look: Thanks for bringing it up. Carrot juice does thicken the hair and has many other benefits. I started the carrot juice challenge thread last year, I believe. I'll see if I can find it...

lexi08

vikkisecret said:
I have had succes with these:

~MTG for sure!
~Vitatress Biotin Creme
~Pureology Volumizing leave-in after a wash and blowdry (excellent results!!):D

How do you use the Pureology volumizer? Do you use it on wet hair before you blow dry or dry hair after blowdrying? TIA

lexi08

Sexyma said:
Ditto. MTG for when you have it in a bun (b/c it's oily), Headress when you have it out. I swear by Headress as a volumizing leave-in!!!!!!!!!!

Does Nexxus headress work only when blowdrying your hair or is it also effective when rollersetting?

tastesosweet

carameldiva said:
Plain ole castor oil or jamaica black castor oil- ain't nothing but the truth.

So with the castor oil, am I just applying this to my scalp and hair or do I need to do a hot oil treatment? Or am I completely off base?

I got the carrot juice ladies...not sure how often I'm going to want to drink it, but I'll give it a shot!

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
nikki1971 said:
How do you use the Pureology volumizer? Do you use it on wet hair before you blow dry or dry hair after blowdrying? TIA

Actually you can do it either way. I have used it wet and dry but it really depends on how much time you have. If you do it wet then it takes more time. I really like this product alot!:D

carameldiva

i use castor oil as a pre-poo treatment(saturate scalp/hair) and a dry ends treatment too. Works great and has thickened up my already thick hair.