~*Products that contain Mineral Oil?.*~

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
I have read on this board that products that contain mineral oil are bad for the hair. Most of the hair care products that I have come across contain it. From conditioners and shampoos...to hair oil. Currently, I am using two different product lines. Black Seed...which is all herbal (no mineral oil)...and KeraCare. I started using KeraCare back in October. I decided to check out the ingredients..and I found it in there. I haven't had a problem so far, and i love it...

I was wondering what damage does mineral oil do to the hair? How many of you are using KeraCare and other products that contain it? Did you have any problems with breakage...ect? I'm curious...

soulchild

I'm a bit more cautious when seeing a product that contains mineral oil, however I'm not opposed to it. Keep using that Keracare girl

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
I'm a bit more cautious when seeing a product that contains mineral oil, however I'm not opposed to it. Keep using that Keracare girl

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to be cautious too.
I will continue to use Keracare, but as for oils and pomades...im sticking to herbal... and natural ingredients.

AngelaP

I don't really mind using products with mineral oil as long as it's on the hair and not actually on my scalp. Mineral oil is a big no-no for my scalp!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
AngelaP said:
I don't really mind using products with mineral oil as long as it's on the hair and not actually on my scalp. Mineral oil is a big no-no for my scalp!

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O

Purtygurly

The mineral oil will build up on your hair if you use it too often, and mineral oil doesn't really come off with gentle shampoos, you would need to clarify. It's also really bad o get it on your scalp because it clogs your pores.

The only products that I use with mineral oil are keracare humecto and keracare leave in conditioner. I only use the conditioner once a week and the leave in twice a week.

I think that if you use products with mineral oil sparingly and you wash your hair regulary, there shouldn't be any problem.

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
AngelaP said:

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O

[/ QUOTE ]

and if you wash your hair as much as I do than it wouldn't hurt your hair anyway. I poo my hair 3x a week and co 2x week.

Karonica

Mineral oil products do nothing negative to my hair. If it's not giving you any problems, there's no need in stopping.

Boadicea

I also haven't had any negative effects using mineral oil. In the summer I deep condition with amla and vatika oils, both of which have mineral oils. I leave it on from 1-2 hours to all anight and rinse in the morning.