Products to avoid during pregnancy

DMarie

Hi

I would like to ask if anyone knows what hair products one should avoid while pregnant? I know not to use rosemary EO and Sage EO and possibly peppermint EO but does that meant that I shouldn't use Keracare Humecto conditioner since it contains extracts of rosemary? Or, Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner since it too has sage, rosemary? Or even African Royale hot six oil due to the sage in it? Even Surge is suspect since it obviously stimulates and at times I think I feel it having the same effects on my body as rosemary during which I feel it's effects on my ovaries and that vacinity.

So I hope you can give me ideas as to what you would not use during pregnancy. And please feel free to suggest replacements for any of the above mentioned products since my routine consists of deep conditioning with humecto (which I just recently re purchased, 4 lb tub) or GPB (which I have two bottles of), then using hot six oil, or WGO. I was thinking of starting back using the surge but am concerned.

And for the record, no congrats are in order since I am not preggers YET. I'm just trying to have my bases covered before I mess up a good thing.

Thanks in advance.

DMarie

Ajowan
Arnica
Bitter Almond
Boldo Leaf
Buchu
Calamus
Camphor (yellow or brown)
Caraway
Cassia
Cinnamon
Clove
Elecampane root
Horseradish
Jaborandi
Mugwort
Mustard
Parsley Seed
Pennyroyal
Peru Balsam
Rue
Sage
Santolina
Sassafras
Savin
Savory
Southernwood
Tansy
Thuya
Tonka bean
Wintergreen
Wormseed
Wormwood

And also:
Aniseed
Armois
Basil
Birch
Cornmint
Fennel
Hyssop
Lavender stoechas
Lavender Cotton
Marjoram
Myrrh
Oregano
Pimenta racemosa
Plecanthrus
Star Anise
Tarragon

This is just the short list. Anyways before making a purchase, ask to make sure that it is safe. Otherwise avoid all essential oils.

I do know that you are correct in avoiding rosemary, peppermint, and sage. There are a whole host of eo's that shouldn't be used (as you can see from what CW posted). I ALWAYS research an EO before I use it no matter what. I have several books on EO's so I can check. If I am at work and don't have my book with me I check FNWL as they are pretty good at the descriptions and what not to use if pregnant.

Now some say you shouldn't use any EO's when pregnant, but I know (from reading) that some EO's are beneficial during pregnancy.

I avoided Ginsing during my pregancy. I was told and read about it in a magazine. I know Nioxin has the ingredient in some of their products...

Back