Profectiv products rock my world

Victorian

old head

As many of you know, I bought some Profectiv Long N Healthy Mega Moisturizer and some Damage Free leave-in on my last trip to Sally's. I'm REALLY impressed by these products.

Damage Free
This is a spray leave-in that has a purple layer and a pink layer (you shake it up before you use it). This is GREAT at detangling, and it makes your hair soooo soft! I like how it smells too
I spray it all over my hair and work it in with my hands before doing any brushing or combing.

INGREDIENTS: water, slippery elm extract, horsetail extraxt, ginseng extract, cyclomethicone, isopropyl myrisate, polyquaternium-47, phenyl trimethicone, sunflower seed amidopropyl dimethylamine lactate, weat germ amidopropyl hydroxyproply dimonium, hydrolyzed wheat protein, isostearamidopropyl morpholine lactate, a bunch of dyes, methylparaben, propylparaben, propolyne glycol, benzophenone-4, polysorbate-20, fragrance.

you get 6.25 ounces for $4.99

Long N Healthy
I am SO glad I got this. I was a little wary at first because of how thick it is when you pour it out. It's sort of like a thick syrup or something. It's pink and it's the only profectiv moisturizer in a bottle (the others are in tubs). I normally use lighter daily moisturizers like Break Free or Frizz Ease Secret Weapon. But now that it's cold outside, and the air inside is so dry from the heater, I'm glad I got this.
I use about a dime-sized dollup and rub it in my hands so it coats all of my hands--it looks clear in your hands when you spread it thin. I apply it to my ends first, in a motion like I"m making a ponytail. Then I work my way up. I take my time making sure it gets spread evenly. The thickness of it gives a litle bit of hold, so at this point I use my brush and smooth my hair into whatever style I'm doing (ponytail or whatever). It makes my hair soooooo smooth! My flyaways don't fly away! Best of all, I don't feel a residue when I touch my hair! It's like my hair just soaks it right up and it's the PERFECT amount of moisture. I'm feeling my hair right now and it feels as nice as it did this morning. It really does last all day! I can't believe I've been seeing this in stores for so long and I never tried it.

INGREDIENTS: Propylene glycol, glycerin, soybean oil, polyquaternium 37, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, hydrolyzed silk, gelatin, royal jelly extract, flax seed extract, soluble collagen, ginseng extract, phenyl trimethicone, stearalkonium chloride, lanolin oil, hydrogenated vegetalbe oil, acrylamidopropyltrimonium chloride/acrylamide copolymer, corn oil, BHA, BHT, pylacert peach, fragrance.

you get 4 ounces for 4.99

Well, in case you couldn't tell, I'm really happy with these products. I think I'll be sticking with them for a while

Black Cardinal, its funny that you posted this . . . because I just used my Long N Healthy for the first time about 2 minutes ago. I absolutely love this stuff. It does slick my hair down like you said. My ends are getting kind of brittle again so I smoothed some on the ends as well. Not one hair broke while I was smoothing. This is also probably a good product for people with pressed hair who are looking for something to tame the hair but without water as an ingredient. This definately is a keeper.

perfect peace

cybra

Well, looks like I'll be making another trip to Sally's tomorrow

I feel so behind everyone when it comes to products. I just felt like I was "the stuff" because I bought some Aphogee to use after I take my braids out this weekend. I guess I'll buy things as I think they apply to me.

azul11

I might have to stop by sallys to ummmm make sure there arent any pjs getting there fix. yeah that it....
God bless you all.

aqualung

The Long N Healthy bottle has been sitting on my shelf for about 4 months. I was wary of using it because of the sticky thick consistency. Maybe I'll give it a go instead of serum after my next wash.

Britt

Thanks BlackCardinal... Im glad that u posted these reviews, I am looking for a leave in that will detangle and leave my hair slippery and soft

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
BC,

I'll have to agree with you on both products & the scent is an added bonus. Some of the ladies didn't like the Long N Healthy but I like it alot. And it's self heating--that's pretty neat too
I wonder how it would work on wet hair...

katie

I have tried the 3N1 oil.It was too greasy for my liking.I used it on wet hair after airdrying.

soulchild

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I have tried the 3N1 oil.It was too greasy for my liking.I used it on wet hair after airdrying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, but I know others have used it with excellent results.

LABETT

I like most all profectiv products Root Health is my favorite to control new growth.
I have not use the Long and Healthy will have to give it a
try.My hair hated the 3n1 oil made my hair dry and hard.

lunalight7

I love the 3 in 1 Phase Oil but only on soaking wet hair after my leave-in and before my serum. Works well this way for me.

cutebajangirl

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
BC,

I'll have to agree with you on both products & the scent is an added bonus. Some of the ladies didn't like the Long N Healthy but I like it alot. And it's self heating--that's pretty neat too
I wonder how it would work on wet hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why it my hands got hot
when I used it. This REALLY scared me and so I stopped.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:

As many of you know, I bought some Profectiv Long N Healthy Mega Moisturizer and some Damage Free leave-in on my last trip to Sally's. I'm REALLY impressed by these products.

Damage Free
This is a spray leave-in that has a purple layer and a pink layer (you shake it up before you use it). This is GREAT at detangling, and it makes your hair soooo soft! I like how it smells too
I spray it all over my hair and work it in with my hands before doing any brushing or combing.

INGREDIENTS: water, slippery elm extract, horsetail extraxt, ginseng extract, cyclomethicone, isopropyl myrisate, polyquaternium-47, phenyl trimethicone, sunflower seed amidopropyl dimethylamine lactate, weat germ amidopropyl hydroxyproply dimonium, hydrolyzed wheat protein, isostearamidopropyl morpholine lactate, a bunch of dyes, methylparaben, propylparaben, propolyne glycol, benzophenone-4, polysorbate-20, fragrance.

you get 6.25 ounces for $4.99

Long N Healthy
I am SO glad I got this. I was a little wary at first because of how thick it is when you pour it out. It's sort of like a thick syrup or something. It's pink and it's the only profectiv moisturizer in a bottle (the others are in tubs). I normally use lighter daily moisturizers like Break Free or Frizz Ease Secret Weapon. But now that it's cold outside, and the air inside is so dry from the heater, I'm glad I got this.
I use about a dime-sized dollup and rub it in my hands so it coats all of my hands--it looks clear in your hands when you spread it thin. I apply it to my ends first, in a motion like I"m making a ponytail. Then I work my way up. I take my time making sure it gets spread evenly. The thickness of it gives a litle bit of hold, so at this point I use my brush and smooth my hair into whatever style I'm doing (ponytail or whatever). It makes my hair soooooo smooth! My flyaways don't fly away! Best of all, I don't feel a residue when I touch my hair! It's like my hair just soaks it right up and it's the PERFECT amount of moisture. I'm feeling my hair right now and it feels as nice as it did this morning. It really does last all day! I can't believe I've been seeing this in stores for so long and I never tried it.

INGREDIENTS: Propylene glycol, glycerin, soybean oil, polyquaternium 37, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, hydrolyzed silk, gelatin, royal jelly extract, flax seed extract, soluble collagen, ginseng extract, phenyl trimethicone, stearalkonium chloride, lanolin oil, hydrogenated vegetalbe oil, acrylamidopropyltrimonium chloride/acrylamide copolymer, corn oil, BHA, BHT, pylacert peach, fragrance.

you get 4 ounces for 4.99

Well, in case you couldn't tell, I'm really happy with these products. I think I'll be sticking with them for a while

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm currently using the mega moisture in the bottle (pink stuff). Have you noticed that this stuff warms your hands up when you rub your hands together? So far, I like the product a lot. It's the only product that I use so far, besides serums, to maintain straight hair. It makes my hair feel really soft and moisturized.

I started using the Root Health also, and I like it also. I've also used the leave in (very light), and the healthy ends (very heavy).

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The Mega Moisture and Long N Healthy are the same
Yes, it warms up in your hands when you rub together.

Ayeshia,

When I say "uniqueness" I meant a few things:

*Yes, the shake up...
*This oil feels different than any other oil I've used
*This oil contains egg oil which is an ingredient you don't often see in products. (I've only seen this in Aubrey's Sea Buckthorn & Egg line)

That's what I meant

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
The Mega Moisture and Long N Healthy are the same
Yes, it warms up in your hands when you rub together.

Ayeshia,

When I say "uniqueness" I meant a few things:

*Yes, the shake up...
*This oil feels different than any other oil I've used
*This oil contains egg oil which is an ingredient you don't often see in products. (I've only seen this in Aubrey's Sea Buckthorn & Egg line)

That's what I meant

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx supergirl, I've never heard of egg oil in anything...Thats unique enuff for me....Happy Hair Growing!!!!!!

MrJohnsonsRib

I just remembered that my hair used to be extra moist when I would use Profectiv Break Free on my hair...I used a big amount- I believed the more is better myth for a long time....but yeah it was actually pretty wet when I used it....this may help for my dry hair I've been panicking about. That may be the only thing I need....maybe...

Last edited:

chebaby

profective is good but i havent used their products in a long time. if i ever had to go back to less exspensive products they would be on my list.

nysister

I use the Root health on my hair quite often. Usually in conjunction with Ayurvedic Butter and Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

Victorian

old head
Wow, this is a blast from the past! :lol: I think I've still got a bottle of Mega Moisturizer at my parents' house from my relaxed days. *reminiscing*

Victorian

old head
Do u still use this?

No, not anymore. This post is from back when I was relaxed. After I went natural my whole regimen changed. I did try the Mega Moisturizer on my straightened hair in the early years of being natural (up until Jan '09 I would only straighten my hair twice a year for trimming), but since developing a regular regimen for straightened hair, I haven't used moisturizer.
I definitely haven't been using the leave-in. I remember it smelling like candy or something :lick: