Profectiv Products

Kitkat

Can anyone give the pros and cons on Profectiv cremes? I know that there are 4 of them - one for breakage, one for the ends, one for dry hair, and one for the roots I think. Is there really a difference among the four? And if I'm already using good stuff like Wild Growth and ORS Carrot Oil, is it worthwhile to add this stuff to my regime? Any comments would be greatly appreciated!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And of course, a happy and safe New Year's Eve to my LHCF family!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I think that the Profectiv Mega Growth and Healthy Ends are comparable to the ORS carrot oil.

The Mega Moisturizer is great because it is self heating thus really penetrating.

BUT the one that takes all the cakes is the Break Free. #1, it smells good. Besides all that, it is of such a nice smooth light creamy consistency but also has a nice substantial feel to it. It glides onto the hair without weighing it down and it's not so heavy that hairs come out when you rub it in. I REALLY like that one. I saw a lady in the BS store on Saturday and she was looking at it and I stopped and said "that's some good stuff". She went ahead and got it. I am not even done with the container I'm on and have already bought another for when it does run out. I really really like it. It's great. Try it. The price is good too.

serena

I use many of the Profectiv products: the shampoo, reconstructor, end strengthener, Breakfree conditioner, and the MegaMoisturizer. I like them all, particularly the MegaMoisturizer; it really IS self-heating! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I was taken completely by surprise the first time I used it: it really warmed up as I rubbed it between my palms to spread it on my hair. It was like a mini oil treatment. I have another bottle all lined up for when I finish off the current one, too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use the Healthy Ends Strengthener on my ends each time I roller set; it moisturises my ends and helps them to cling to my magnetic rollers during my dry sets.

They all have the same pleasant, faintly coconutty scent, too. I applied the BreakFree to my hair just before I got my relaxer touch up last weekend (the Profectiv people actually recommend doing this immediately before relaxing) and my hairdresser went: "Mmmmmmmm! Your hair smells so nice! It smells like coconut!" Usually, I don't find coconut a particularly appealing scent in a hair product (that's why I still haven't bought the Suave Coconut Conditioner, despite the raves). The Profectiv scent is quite pleasant, though.

The products do an excellent job of moisturising my hair, leaving it lustrous, but without that greasy feeling.

By the way, there are more than four products, but I'm not sure how many.

This is their website:

http://strengthofnature.com/

Kitkat

Thanks Serena and SuperGirl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I always see this stuff in Duane Reade and CVS but didn't know if it was worth buying. I'll definitely check them out. Serena, thanks for posting the web site. I had no idea that Profectiv made so many products.

LondonDiva

Which one is the mega moisturiser?
I think I may have that one. Is it pink and in a bottle?

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's due to the high glycerin content that feels very warm when you rub your hands together.

keylargo

I like all of the products. They were great when my hair was heathy but don't do much as far as repairing damage.
They are good moisturizers.

Ive used Profectiv Megagrowth and the results weren't anything phenomenal. I never finished one jar and it took up a weird smell as carrot oil would if you left it too long. I currently use Profectiv Long n healthy to oil my ends. That one's not bad and it tames the frizzies..It doesnt stink but theres something I dont like about the smell. Well I guess you can try it some store i know sells it for 3.99

G

I love Profectiv products!

The best ones to me are:
Break Free- excellent when putting on wet hair and it coats hair which is helping to protect it in my opinion. And also I slap it on my ends and I also use it for combing out curls and a gazillion other things I do /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Anti-Itch serum- I REALLY like this stuff. It is great for an itchy scalp and it gives it this cool sensation.
A GEM Mega Moisturizer - I discovered this stuff, and let me tell you that it is great! My mother put some in her hair after she washed it, then she tied her hair up and her hair felt sooo soft the next morning and even now. It gives it a great shine, which now, gives me a reason to throw out those shine polishers! And it is healthy.

Matter of fact, all Profectiv products are healthy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

But, I recommend you try those three. /images/graemlins/cool.gif