Progress Pictures -- hair appears not healthy but is.....

princessdi

Someone posted a while back about how thin their hair looked when taking progress pictures; however, their hair is actually thick and healthy. Does anyone remember this post and, if so, can you send the link?

I have made really good progress (almost BSL) but in the progress pictures that I'm taking the last 3 inches of hair looks really thin, but it really isn't. It looks like I haven't made any progress at all and that this area needs to be cut off; however, it doesn't. It really couldn't be healthier.

Can anyone relate to this? I'm taking my progress pictures with wet hair vs. flat ironed hair because I don't want to use heat.

Any suggestions for why this happens?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Sometimes the lighting makes it look thinner than what it is. I've had some awful pics in certain lighting so I played with it and I got it right. Also the flash can cause this too.

janeemat

I posted a few weeks ago that my hair is thinner in the pics the longer it gets. That's why I'm not taking progress pics for a lonnnnnnnng time now.

Neith

A lot of the time pictures don't look exactly the same.

Lots of different reasons for this... flash, lighting, how sharp or blurry a picture is...

Just keep trying and mess around with your lights and camera settings! And try to take sharp, in focus pictures.

princessdi

Thanks ladies. I haven't posted my last progress picture yet (taken on Saturday) because of this. I will try to post this weekend. It just looks awful to me, but my hair (last 3 inches or so) just looks really thin; however, it is very healthy (like the one already posted) in person.

I'll post and will keep trying to get it right, but let me know what you think. Check back on Monday.

Thanks.

princessdi

Thanks ladies. It really makes me feel better because I'm doing everything I can to retain all the hair that I grow, so far, so good--:happydance:

hillytmj

I can also relate. That's why I'm so big on knowing your own hair because only you know the health of your hair. However, you hair looks great IMHO. :yep: