Promoting Hair Growth With Essential Oils

Ambitious1013

etapassilem said:
Did you see any growth because of the oil?

I believe that it is a great addition to my regimen and it has helped my hair. I am unsure if using the essential oils increased my growth or if it is my overall regimen (vitamins, deep conditioning, scalp massages, etc) that is helping my growth.

Candy_C

This definately works. i did it every day during my experimental stage (last yr) with rosemary bergomot and jojoba, and my hair would really tingle and i saw more growth almost instantly.

at the mo, i use Avocado Oil (base) and rosemary oil. i will later add bergomot too. so far so good..looots of scalp activity! only thing is, clarifying needs to be more often now as my scalp gets to motivated and sheds skin quicker. thats why these things r so good for dandruff/flaky scalp

Victorian

old head
Ecco Bella has an oil blend with some good ingredients in it. I posted about it several months ago to see if anyone had tried it and it seems it hasn't been LHCF tested yet :lol: If someone isn't up to mixing things themselves and wants to be a guinea pig: Ecco Bella Intensive Therapy

etapassilem

Candy_C said:
This definately works. i did it every day during my experimental stage (last yr) with rosemary bergomot and jojoba, and my hair would really tingle and i saw more growth almost instantly.

at the mo, i use Avocado Oil (base) and rosemary oil. i will later add bergomot too. so far so good..looots of scalp activity! only thing is, clarifying needs to be more often now as my scalp gets to motivated and sheds skin quicker. thats why these things r so good for dandruff/flaky scalp

Where did u get your oils?

sunshyne_krissy

THE VITAMIN SHOPPE HAS PEPPERMINT, LAVENDER, EUCALIPTUS AND ROSEMARY OIL. THEY MAY OR MAY NOT CARRY ONE OR THE OTHER DEPENDING ON WHICH ONE YOU GO TO BUT THIS IS WHERE I GET ALL MY EO'S. YOU CAN ALWAYS OPT TO BUY THEM THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE.

Last edited:

nomoweavesfome

yes- i have. i personally use rosemary and peppermint, but i concoct it with MTG. So I can't specifically say the oils alone did it or the MTg did it, but my hair growth has been great! And quick too! I've only been using it for a little over a month and I have @ 1 inch of new growth. I really believe the rosemary and peppermint oils do delp because of the stimulation and I use just about everyday. I do notice I have to clarify it seems every two weeks.

KiniKakes

I have several different essential oils.... but my problem is that I just cant stay consistent with those durn scalp massages! :( I know its more than just applying the oils topically--i know an important part of this is the massaging/stimulating of the scalp! I need to invest in one of those hand-held massagers some of the ladies have.... that way i can apply my oils, put on my lil shower cap then satin bonnet.... and massage away, without worrying about my fingers or hands growing tired after 2 minutes!

etapassilem

nomoweavesfome said:
yes- i have. i personally use rosemary and peppermint, but i concoct it with MTG. So I can't specifically say the oils alone did it or the MTg did it, but my hair growth has been great! And quick too! I've only been using it for a little over a month and I have @ 1 inch of new growth. I really believe the rosemary and peppermint oils do delp because of the stimulation and I use just about everyday. I do notice I have to clarify it seems every two weeks.

I use the MTG but its to messy , I want to use the essential oils but its too expensive and im afraid to get the cheap ones because i dont know if its a good grade of oil.

Hair Iam

Just a little tip.
After I apply my essential oils, I’m not always able to find free or willing hands to message my head (I never know when to say stop :grin: ). I love head messages but another way to get the blood circulating to your head, is to hang your head off the bed, coach. I do it for about 5 minutes.

:spinning: . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Works for me

Prosperity711

Has anyone tried this:

Treasured Locks H2G Hair Growth Serum

Treasured Locks H2G Hair Growth Serum is a blend of all natural ingredients scientifically proven to promote longer, healthier hair. Made from the highest quality Emu oil (AEA food grade certified), naturally extracted carrier oils and a proprietary blend of the finest quality, steam-distilled essential oils, our serum is unlike any other on the market. Emu oil and essential oils have been independently tested and shown to reduce inflammation, increase circulation and improve the growth phase of the hair life cycle.

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]http://www.treasuredlocks.com/hair-growth-oil.html[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sounds kinda interesting...

sareca

Shaniquah said:
It helps to stimulate the scalp. It feels really good on my scalp, especially with the peppermint oil. Also, it makes my new growth pretty soft.

It's also a preservative. :yep:

Evalina1

I want to know if any has tried this oils too.. I need to make sure I use the right tool to measure a drop...too much thyme may cause headaches and too much rosemary oil cause high blood pressure....I need joined a any challenge :grin: But I would love to have a essential oil challenge.

CocoGlow

My scalp does not really like oils on it directly so I want to make a scalp spritz....has anyone made a water-based scalp spritz using these stimulating essential oils? If so, what was the recipe? Was it successful in helping your hair grow?

Sade'

I read about some very powerful Essential Oils that boosts hair growth & helps to repair the scalp:

Sea Buckthorn Oil
Helichrysum Oil
Rosehip Seed Oil
Sage Oil
Calendula Oil
Ylang Ylang

They mix well with Lavender, Coconut, Sesame or Almond Carrier Oils.

Have you ladies heard of any of these?

Here is a link that describes each oil and it's use. http://www.anandaapothecary.com/

Sade'

Sorry the Rosehip Seed Oil is a carrier oil.

Rosemary Verbenone is an EO as well as Clary Sage Oil. Clary Sage can be used in place of Sage b/c of the potency and toxicity level of Sage if used improperly... it must be properly diluted.

hair4romheaven

Its funny this thread was bumped. i just got my oils in the mail and will be using them faithfully for the next few months. I will be using the original recipe. I know I will have to clarify every two weeks but i use ORS scalp scrub 2x a week so it works out perfectly. :)

Sade'

Its funny this thread was bumped. i just got my oils in the mail and will be using them faithfully for the next few months. I will be using the original recipe. I know I will have to clarify every two weeks but i use ORS scalp scrub 2x a week so it works out perfectly. :)

What is the original recipe??

And are u speaking of the ORS scalp scrub that requires Baking Soda? How do u find that works for you?

meecee

My scalp does not really like oils on it directly so I want to make a scalp spritz....has anyone made a water-based scalp spritz using these stimulating essential oils? If so, what was the recipe? Was it successful in helping your hair grow?

A friend of mine told me that her mother steeps or boils fresh rosemary in water and strains it. They use it as a spritz after washing and conditioning their hair. I'm thinking about trying it because I have two huge rosemary bushes in my front yard.

I'd also like to figure out how to make my own essential oil.

Sondice

I do a hot oil treatment once a week with Lavender EO mixed with Brahmi Oil. Ive been doing this for the past 2 months now cause I remember my mom told me Lavender was good for hair growth. Ive got alooooot of new growth so far. The end of my strech is May so when I relax I really be able to see how much my hair has grown since the 1st relaxer in January. Fingers crossed:yep:

indigodiva

I religiously used rosemary, lavender and pepperment EO's in an olive/castor oil blend....infused with burdock root and nettle for for my growth....I got lazy when I reached a sexy length..lol...i need to go back to it so I can get my hair longer

VirGoViXxEn

i use rosemary anf lavender oil. They filled in a bald spot i had after only two weeks. I also mix 5 drops of each into my weekly deep conditioner.

hair4romheaven

What is the original recipe??

And are u speaking of the ORS scalp scrub that requires Baking Soda? How do u find that works for you?

Sorry..I didn't see this question.
This is the original formula used in the study.
To make an essential oil blend to stimulate hair regrowth you will need 3 drops of rosemary oil, 3 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of thyme oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil, 4 teaspoons of grapeseed oil and half teaspoon of jojoba oil.

Yes I also use the ORS scalp scrub that requires baking soda. It works well for me as far as going the thin area of my scalp but then again it can be a combination of things I am doing (the oils mentioned above).