Prophets & Money

pebbles

Pam Pam said:
Right, but look at verse 9...God sent him to the woman...he didn't solicit her....

I have commanded a widow woman to sustain thee...

God had already given her the revelation that this man of God was coming.

I don't think it's the same....

There it is. :up:

PaperClip

Pam Pam said:
Right, but look at verse 9...God sent him to the woman...he didn't solicit her....

I don't disagree with you.... Actually, your post highlights a significant point.

Apparently, this widow woman had a relationship with the Lord to hear a commandment from the Lord. So a word from a prophet is coming to CONFIRM what God already told her. And because of free will (that we all have), this widow woman had a CHOICE to say no and disobey God. She could have said no out of doubt and fear because she was on her last of her food and she had enough for she and her son to eat and die. So instead of putting all the blame/accountability/responsibility on the so-called prophets, what about the PEOPLE who do all the running to these prophets? Where is their accountability to seek God for themselves and see if God wants them to go to/receive this prophet. Again, in this passage, the prophet came to the PERSON, not the other way around. The prophet didn't solicit her, but she didn't solicit him, either

It takes FAITH to obey God, esp. when she was down to her last. And the prophet (a true prophet, led by God) can be used to "challenge" one's faith through an action. And the prophet can be used to prosper us, as long as we're operating in faith and obedience to the LORD.

2 Chronicles 20:20 (KJV)
And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Matt 10: 40-41 (KJV)
40He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

41He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

Amplified Bible translation
V. 41: He who receives and welcomes and accepts a prophet because he is a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward, and he who receives and welcomes and accepts a righteous man because he is a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Pam Pam said:

Sure did! He said He had already commanded a woman there to sustain him.