Pros at conditioning before neutralizing, advise please

kitkat3ny

Ok ladies,

I've read and reread the "epiphany" threads information about ceramides. I went out 3wks ago and bought Biolage Fortefying conditioner and treatment because of the ceramides. I have having a horrible dry spell and that conditioner did wonders. Needless to say I loved it!

So....I'm currently a self-relaxed no-lye user. I'm going to use SE Megasilk lye relaxer this time around. How exactly would I condition before neutralizing? I have thick hair, should I just let the water run through my hair until I don't see any more viable relaxer on the strands and then condition? Do you think it's wise to use the Biolage fortefying conditioner after the relaxer before the neutralizer? The point of using the Biolage would be to get in the ceramide before I neutralize. If you know if a better after relaxer conditioner with ceramides in it, I'd be interested. Last question, can anyone recommend a neutralizer?

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Yes I condition before neutralizing and would highly recommend it to any one.

I don't know much about ceramides but what I do is rinse the relaxer out and then I use Dux Tex or some kind of protein conditioner and leave it on for about 5 minutes, neutralize about 4 to 5 times, and dc.

I would suggest ORS Aloe Shampoo for a neutralizer. I really really love it. It doesn't make your hair feel hard or anything.

HTH

gymfreak336

Ok ladies,

I've read and reread the "epiphany" threads information about ceramides. I went out 3wks ago and bought Biolage Fortefying conditioner and treatment because of the ceramides. I have having a horrible dry spell and that conditioner did wonders. Needless to say I loved it!

So....I'm currently a self-relaxed no-lye user. I'm going to use SE Megasilk lye relaxer this time around. How exactly would I condition before neutralizing? I have thick hair, should I just let the water run through my hair until I don't see any more viable relaxer on the strands and then condition? Do you think it's wise to use the Biolage fortefying conditioner after the relaxer before the neutralizer? The point of using the Biolage would be to get in the ceramide before I neutralize. If you know if a better after relaxer conditioner with ceramides in it, I'd be interested. Last question, can anyone recommend a neutralizer?

This is how you would do it......Rinse the relaxer out throughly, I usually rinse for atleast 3-4 minutes. Then apply the conditioner root to tip and cover with a plastic cap. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then rinse the conditioner out. Proceed to neutralizing with shampoo. Make sure to leave your suds on for a couple of minutes. I don't believe there is any relaxer with ceramides in it...atleast not one that I know of. Conditioners have a acidic pH so applying conditioner before neutralizing will help the neutralizing process and allow all of the conditioner goodness to really get inside your hair strands. For a neutralizing shampoo I like proclaim neutralizing poo and ors olive oil shampoo. The olive oil shampoo is the one that comes in the ORS relaxer kit and you can find the full bottle at Target, Sallys or any other beauty supply store. The thing I like about it is that it is a neutralizer and a chelating poo meaning it can remove mineral deposit buildup from no lye relaxers and hard water.

kitkat3ny

Well that's two for ORS neutralizer, so i'm going with that. Plus I actually have that available.

I only want the best conditioner with ceramides to after condition. I'm not so sure the Biolage is the best choice for after a relaxer but it's the only thing I can come up with.

I have tried Optimum's anti-break conditioner and I hated it with a passion! I know that has ceramides in it but I don't think that particular conditioner is for me.

gymfreak336

Well that's two for ORS neutralizer, so i'm going with that. Plus I actually have that available.

I only want the best conditioner with ceramides to after condition. I'm not so sure the Biolage is the best choice for after a relaxer but it's the only thing I can come up with.

I have tried Optimum's anti-break conditioner and I hated it with a passion! I know that has ceramides in it but I don't think that particular conditioner is for me.

Nexxus keraphix also has ceramides.

Brownie518

The Redken Extreme line has Ceramides. You could consider using the Deep Fuel or Rescue Force. I have been using Ion Keratin Reconstructor after rinsing, with excellent results. :yep: