Protective Hair Styles...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have read several features of the month and many have mentioned wearing protective hairstyles to protect hair ends. Can someone give me all the different types of protective styles you can have besides braids, twists, and cornrows? I also seen buns as well. Also, is rollersetting your hair every 1-2 weeks an example of a protective style???

Tracy

hey pooh - protective styles are ANY style that gets the ends of your hair up and out of your hair on a daily basis (or as often as you can)....

your ends should be tucked under the rest of your hair.

see http://www.hairoil.com for more info.

TBird

Pooh, since my hair isn't long enough to do a bun on its own I use a phony bun with the baggie method to protect my ends. I've been thinking about trying the 3/4 wigs to see how they may work out. But I read on another thread that that braid outs and twist outs are considered protective styles, how I don't know. HTH.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
TBird said:
Pooh, since my hair isn't long enough to do a bun on its own I use a phony bun with the baggie method to protect my ends. I've been thinking about trying the 3/4 wigs to see how they may work out. But I read on another thread that that braid outs and twist outs are considered protective styles, how I don't know. HTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this thread back in April when I first joined...I have a good idea what protective hair styles are now!

Leslie_C

yeah Tbird, there are always newbies lurking around looking for answers to FAQs like this so its good u bumped it chica!

also, I think braidouts and bantus are semiprotective because u arent using heat and arent manipulating the hair too much. Especially if they dont rub against your clothes(up in a pony or a hair clip). sometimes I do them and put my hair in a clip with the ends wild bc I like the textured look:)