Protective Style for DECEMBER

DangerouslyShy

I did another sew-in im going to try and get the same amount of growth or more than i did last month...

This was actually wavy remi indian hair...but I curled it on rods with a curly perm to get a kinky curly look...I put a rinse in my hair (black to match the hair) Im kind of undecided if i like black because My hair was dyed a lighter color and so were all of my sew-ins....

Im not sure if i should highlight it or dye it or leave it black for winter...what do you ladies think about the color?

Oh I have been surging my braids twice a day...using the biotin cream and WGO...

wash twice a week...

I have to start my biotin and zinc again!!!!

here are the pics...

http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/dshy_hairstyles/sew-in_weaves/curly_permed_hair/

Carlie

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I l/images/graemlins/love.gifve it! It's beautiful!!!

Oh, and I think you should leave it black. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

GinaG

Hi Shy! That looks really nice !!!! - I wouldn't change the colour and leave it just how it is?

Did you braid your hair vertically and sew across or vertically aswell?

cutebajangirl

Get Jas's hair only if you have time to harass her. She is notorious for not sending out the hair in a decent time. I ordered hair on November 17th and I expected to take a while cause of her reputation but geez my Indian hairs from India came within a week.

DangerouslyShy

cutebajangirl said:
Get Jas's hair only if you have time to harass her. She is notorious for not sending out the hair in a decent time. I ordered hair on November 17th and I expected to take a while cause of her reputation but geez my Indian hairs from India came within a week.

I was just about to say that!!!

I sewed my hair in horizontally in the back and in the front it is vertically....i dunno why but I like it better when i do that...

This is some hair that a friend sent to me..>Im not sure where she got it...I know its not agape, indian hairs or bliss...I believe its from a private supplier in India....

It wasnt like this when I got it...it was natural straight hair...but in indian hair terms that means slightly wavy...I used perm rods and a curly perm to get tight curls

Mamacita

I really like that hair, where do you order "natural looking" hair like that??? I want to weave my hair but I have never ordered hair b4, what are some good places and types of hair to get. TIA

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Girl, those weaves are FIRE! Yes, I used to do the long curly 26 inch weaves just like you to grow out my hair. I may do a sew in when I have some time with wet and wavy 26 inch hair. Very nice D shy. I love the kinky with highlights album......but I can't mess with color at all. So I have to stick with my usual jet black. I just go to lugos and buy hair. But how are the prices for indian remy online?

DangerouslyShy

Mamacita said:
I really like that hair, where do you order "natural looking" hair like that??? I want to weave my hair but I have never ordered hair b4, what are some good places and types of hair to get. TIA

hey mamacita....

I ordered the hair and it was straight with a natural wave...I used a Quantum Exothermic perm...the ones the white girls use to make their hair curly....and I used the yellow extra long perm rods...for a tight kinky curl....

naturegirl.net has a good selection of natural hair types....they have a 2a, 2c wavy hair a 3b, 3c curly hair....the 3c looks sort of like the hair i have in.....

Thanks Sadditty

the prices are sort of expensive especially compared to BSS hair...

\
they are usually sold by the ounce and I reccomend 8 ounces...

Thanks for the comments ladies I really appreciate the feedback...

Lorraine

DS, you are a pro. :) I love the texture. Be sure to keep us updated on the length you get and retain as a result of the sew-in. Such a good idea. Oh, and I love the pink sweater BTW.

DangerouslyShy

Lorraine said:
DS, you are a pro. :) I love the texture. Be sure to keep us updated on the length you get and retain as a result of the sew-in. Such a good idea. Oh, and I love the pink sweater BTW.
Thank you Lorraine...your hair is gorgeous...love the color and length!!

I will let you know how things go I hope to retainas much length as I can!!

cutebajangirl

Sadity- i think Indian hairs comes out cheaper even with shipping that Lugos. Also what hair did you use for you wet n wavy weaves?

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
cutebajangirl said:
Sadity- i think Indian hairs comes out cheaper even with shipping that Lugos. Also what hair did you use for you wet n wavy weaves?
The price does come out cheaper for indian hairs rather than buying from lugos, right cutecajangirl. I have to dig for an old lugos receipt and compare it with indian hairs and see how much I paid. But with lugos at least I see what kind of hair i'm buying in bulk and the texture rather than having indian hairs ship it to me and it doesn't match my natural curl pattern. I don't know the kind of wet and wavy hair name per se that I buy from lugos, but it's the meduim curl pattern.

cutebajangirl

Ohhh okay. Well if you are looking for curly then it is not gonna match your hair. Indianhairs curly is a very limp wack looking wave. I keep hearing that Lugos is iffy. Have you had any trouble with them regarding tangles etc.? I love your curls if they have something to match yours then I will heading to Lugos soon, lol.

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Awe thanks cutebajangirl. They have a hair that matches my hair exactly to the T. But do you know any other spots in NY to buy hair in bulk?

cutebajangirl

Other than Adorables I know of Bronx hair supply and Chocolate Princess told me of one in Washington Heights but I can't remember the name.