Protective style for weak hairline

Janice

Does anyone have any links or know what types of half wigs that ladies with 4a type hair can wear that will blend in? Unless I am assuming incorrectly and there aren't any 4a textured type half wigs. With half wigs are you supposed to wear a wig cap underneath if there is one for half wigs? I would like to get a half wig that is safe to wear that closely resembles my hair texture w/o having to press/flatiron it. I'm a 3c/4a natural who also wants to grow out my hairline with this protective style. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
if you continue to wear full wigs get a small silk scarf 20x20 to wear underneath it instead of a wig cap. that way you can moisturize your edges and protect them from the wig band tension and friction.

i would also suggest a satin headband underneath the wig if a scarf is too hot.

use a moisturizer with a creme or water based moisture lotion, then sealing with castor oil twice daily.

i am not a fan of massages for hairlines, just because my own hairline didn't like them. but it may work for some that don't have as sensitive edges as mine. instead i add a little peppermint and tea tree oil (just a drop) to my castor oil to stimulate the scalp without friction.

good luck...i know how difficult edge dilemnas can be. my hairline fell out after i had my son. it was awful. it took me three months of babying it to get it to grow back and not be "bald"

antavia009

This thread is kinda perfect for me rite now(not 2 steal it BUT) I just took out micros which I knew was 2 tight on my hairline. Looking at it now in its natural state, its kinda scary! lol For real tho, my edges r SO messed up. Also my hair is short, I had to cut it recently and I'm not used 2 handling short hair, hence the micros. Mostly relaxed, I have new growth but I'm afraid 2 do any kind of damage to my hair (heat, chemicals, etc). UGHHHH but seeing this thread is giving me ideas of what to do. Thanks.