protective style

g.lo

sorry if this has been asked already, is it ok to wear protective style 5 days out of seven and the remaining 2 days just wearing a low manipulation (twist out, bantu knots out)..., will this affect retention:ohwell:?.

thanks

Ms Lala

This is pretty much my exact routine. I wear my hair up during the week usually and on the weekends I like to wear it loose.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Great plan as long as you are careful with how you PS - move your buns to different locations, keep hair moisturized, don't put too much tension on your hair, nape, edges, etc.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Do whatever works for your hair. The amount of manipulation that your hair can stand is something that is found out by trial and error. But overall it is better than doing your hair everyday so I see nothing wrong with it...your hair will officially let you know though when you try it out.....

:)

g.lo

thanks lady, i knew i could always count on you!!:yay:
i was getting a bit confused and was thinking that i needed to protect my hair with kind of braids for at least a month:nono:!
i hate braids and to have other alternatives is great.
i Bc last march kinda halle/Rihanna style, the shorter part of my hair (the nape) was about a 1/2 an inch and todayit's 5/4 inches (already trimed 3 times, just by habit:perplexed), think i am doing well with retention.

thanks

Renee29

Well you seem like your already on the right track. Experiment a bit and find what works for you. Good luck :grin:

g.lo

thanks lady, i knew i could always count on you!!:yay:
i was getting a bit confused and was thinking that i needed to protect my hair with kind of braids for at least a month:nono:!
i hate braids and to have other alternatives is great.
i Bc last march kinda halle/Rihanna style, the shorter part of my hair (the nape) was about a 1/2 an inch and todayit's 5/4 inches (already trimed 3 times, just by habit:perplexed), think i am doing well with retention.

thanks

meant 5inch and 1/4 ( still a bit sleepy):look: