Protective Styles: Any Ideas?

miss_a

Ladies,

I have to extend a sincere thank you to each and everyone of you. Y'all have really given me hair hope and succeeded in dispelling the myth that we can't grow good hair.

I have been on the Bargello routine for about 2 months--when I get my "relaxer did," I will share with y'all my results.

But for now, I have one question. I know it's terrible wearing your hair down every day--so what would y'all suggest for protective, EASY hairstyles?

Please take care,

Autumn

Ms. Antoinette if you are reading this--please send me your new email address. After a terrible computer crash ALL my notes were lost AND my beloved outlook contacts;-(

NAY007

you can wear your hair in a bun, that can be a low bun or a high one. you can wear it in one braid or two. you can wear it in one or two french braids, which is cute. you can put your hair in a pony tail and then braid it.....just some of my usual hair styles. i rarely wear my hair down.
nay /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Integrity

my fave pro-style is to part my hair down the middle and tie two very low pig tails, briad the ends and tuck just the tips in after moisturizing with s curl no drip, elasta QP mago butter or profectiv mega growth. the length of the briaded hair can also be decorated with colourful hair bands etc. you can also make some nice zig-zag partings. i no longer think pro-styles are boring! its digging -15 degree celcius here and i hate wearing scarfs so i have invested in a good coat with an anorak to wear when i am outdoors...

Allandra

Here's a list of the protective styles that I like/do:

* bun (low or hi)
* French twist
* flat twists (part hair down the center, put one flat twist on each side, and tuck ends under)
* two braids
* one braid

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
my fave pro-style is to part my hair down the middle and tie two very low pig tails, briad the ends and tuck just the tips in after moisturizing with s curl no drip, elasta QP mago butter or profectiv mega growth.

[/ QUOTE ] That sounds really cute. When my hair is longer, I'm going to try that. I usually wear my hair in a bun or a french twist. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Integrity

pebbles your hair is much longer than mine so you can do it!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

this style works better on my hair right after a touch up, when it can all be pulled back easily