Protective Styles & Working Out

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Ladies,

Two Questions:

I have read that many of you don't comb your hair throughout the week or do very little manipulation. What styles are you working?

Any good style tips for morning workouts? I have SL, thick hair and my hair is usually soaking wet when done. I don't have time to fool with my hair on morning workout days because I'm pressed for time to get to work.

Thx!

ms.blue

Right now I'm have my own hair in medium size box braids so working out for me is not a problem b/c in the morning I just put on my half-wig on and my head band & I'm good to go. Half-wigs are a great protective style.

Last edited:

Renovating

I have cornrow braids now but in your situation, I would wear a neat bun and wear a scarf while working out.

chasturner84

I have cornrow braids now but in your situation, I would wear a neat bun and wear a scarf while working out.

ITA with this. It's exactly what I do...and I sweat a lot. My hair is completely wet by the time I'm finished working out but if I have my hair in a donut bun and a scarf, it's not as bad.

MizzBrit

i wear plaits up into a bun..once im done working out..i co wash or rinse my scalp,dry then throw on my halfwig

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Buns! My hair is usually soaking wet so I co-wash or wash then throw it back into a bun. No sense in trying to style it if I will be repeating the process again the very next day.

Half wigs & braids/twists seem like a great option though!

divachyk

I see you ladies working the half wigs and buns. Is there a posting that explains how to make a nice, neat bun without damaging the hair from having it tied up so frequently? Does your hair dry in the bun or do you have to dry it when you get home?

Lucky's Mom

Ladies,

Two Questions:

I have read that many of you don't comb your hair throughout the week or do very little manipulation. What styles are you working?

Any good style tips for morning workouts? I have SL, thick hair and my hair is usually soaking wet when done. I don't have time to fool with my hair on morning workout days because I'm pressed for time to get to work.

Thx!

I am getting cornrows this weekend - and actually I plan to wear cornrows for about a year until I get to my goal weight (75 lbs) - But right now - My hair is braided in my own braids.... - I have worn phony ponies - and will be wearing a bun while in cornrows. A COTTON scarf helps to wick away the sweat......

HTH

divachyk

I am getting cornrows this weekend - and actually I plan to wear cornrows for about a year until I get to my goal weight (75 lbs) - But right now - My hair is braided in my own braids.... - I have worn phony ponies - and will be wearing a bun while in cornrows. A COTTON scarf helps to wick away the sweat......

HTH

yes it does, thx!

divachyk

I second her question.

i found a sock bun tutorial on the site but don't have the link readily available. type "sock bun" on youtube and it will bring up some good examples. i've played around with this a tad bit last night but will definitely try to perfect it by next week. what a cool concept.

MizAvalon

Right now I am wearing wigs. My real hair is cornrowed so I can sweat as hard as I like and not have to worry about any style. Go home, shower, throw on my wig and go.

divachyk

Right now I am wearing wigs. My real hair is cornrowed so I can sweat as hard as I like and not have to worry about any style. Go home, shower, throw on my wig and go.

I have yet to find that wig that looks real...ya know, the kind you can't tell it's a wig. All mine scream, LOOK AT ME WITH THIS WIG ON.

MizAvalon

I have yet to find that wig that looks real...ya know, the kind you can't tell it's a wig. All mine scream, LOOK AT ME WITH THIS WIG ON.

It's tough because a lot of wigs do look "wiggy". After you get them home and play around with them a little and style them, you can usually get them to look better though.