Protective Styles

Robin41

I picked up a tip from the other board that I wanted to share with you all.

For those of you who wear protective styles such as drawstring ponytails, clip-ons and even wigs: Try adding some super moisturizer, such as a curl activator, with a little oil and pull your hair up into a ponytail as usual. Add a little more of the moisturizer/oil combo to the ends and cover the ponytail with a plastic cap and then add your fake ponytail, bun, wig or whatever. It's like an all-day hot oil treatment for your hair.

I tried this yesterday and was amazed at the results. You ladies are all so clever you may already have known about this but I thought it was ingenious. My hair gets so dry in these Jersey winters and this is an excellent way of adding and keeping moisture, especially to my ends.

Tracy

Actually this is Adrienne's staple hairgrowth method. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let me find out she's famous somewhere else! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

nita4

I actually do this with a little S-curl and a shea butter mixture. Works very well for moisture. I apply the S-Curl first, followed by the shea mixture and set on rollers, It keeps the hair soft, doesn't dry out, and doesn't weight the hair down alot.

I mixed my shea butter with whatever oils I had on hand. Olive, Almond, Jojoba, Vit E. melted in the microwave. I was suprised at how well it worked. Works well on my babies natural hair too.

sweetcocoa

I agree ...that's sounds like an 'Adrienne' hair growth method...if it was the Yahoo club - Black Haircare and Body(?), then it was definitely our resident 'celebrity', Adreinne.
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Robin41

This was actually a tip I picked up on the relaxed hair care board but I'm glad to have it confirmed by the expert as a good idea!