Protective Styling 101

Shima01

There are a number of ways to style the hair up according to your individual look, personality or style. I spice up my protective styles with the cutest hair accecories. I advice my Shima Hair Girls to do the same in order to avoid boredom. . Later this month I will release my Shima Hair DVD to show them step-by-step how I create the French Twist, Hair bun and French braid. Protective Styling is a sure-fire way to preserve our ends and keep them from splitting. Consistency and perseverence is the key...but it works WONDERS!!

naturallady said:
Girl, thank you sooo much! As much as I do my protective styling, this is just what the Dr. ordered for my boredom!

Shima01

:kiss: Shima's Hair Commercial now Live!!

Good evening, ladies! I just wanted to inform you that my Shima Hair
Commercial is now LIVE and ready for viewing!! I decided to post it in a
very simple format so that none of you will experience any problems
when viewing it. All you have to do is go to the U-tube website and
write in the tag words "Shima Hair" in the search bar. That's it!!
It'll take you directly to a still screen shot of me working on my hair
in the mirror. This is going to be the SAME commercial that you all
will see on your local cable channel later this year. I'll also be keeping you all posted once my Shima Hair Step-by-Step DVD becomes available, too.

I have TONS of more wonderful gifts in store for you all. God Bless and Happy Hair Growing:yay:

Shima01

There's more to growing our hair than just keeping it hidden in buns, and head scarves. For example, if you use protective styles but don't moisturize, you're defeating yourself. If you sleep in satin head wraps but proceed to rake hair combs and brushes through your head, you're defeating yourself. And if you are inconsistent with a healthy regimen, meaning you're good to your hair one week, but then treat it "however" the next week, you're defeating yourself. I teach my Shima Hair Girls from start to finish how to take care of their hair and send them encouraging messages every week to keep them inspired. And for this reason I wrote my hair book, The Beauty of Textured Hair. Because our hair IS beautiful, but it suffers due to so much misinformation we receive out there. I encourage you LHCF ladies not to give up on your goals, too. I didn't give up on mine and my hair is almost BUTT-LENGTH today. Peace!

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Shima01 said:
There's more to growing our hair than just keeping it hidden in buns, and head scarves. For example, if you use protective styles but don't moisturize, you're defeating yourself. If you sleep in satin head wraps but proceed to rake hair combs and brushes through your head, you're defeating yourself. And if you are inconsistent with a healthy regimen, meaning you're good to your hair one week, but then treat it "however" the next week, you're defeating yourself. I teach my Shima Hair Girls from start to finish how to take care of their hair and send them encouraging messages every week to keep them inspired. And for this reason I wrote my hair book, The Beauty of Textured Hair. Because our hair IS beautiful, but it suffers due to so much misinformation we receive out there. I encourage you LHCF ladies not to give up on your goals, too. I didn't give up on mine and my hair is almost BUTT-LENGTH today. Peace!

Yep!

I learned all that the hard way.

-----

ETA:
I learned all that the hard way before reading great advice on LHCF.

Hair Scandal:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=136947

Last edited:

AsTheCurlzTurns

Thanks for bumping this up, WOW these are some awesome stuffs!!! Even some I didn't even know about!! Will definitely be trying some of these on down the line!

TLC1020

Thanks for bumping this thread as it reminds me to be consistent with protective styling, moisturizing and low manipulation..:yep:

lovegan

great thread!! I didn't realize "sealing the ends" meant with foil and a flat iron...i thought it just meant putting oil on the ends of the hair while wet.

wyldcurlz

this needs to be a sticky!!! so much great information. how do we make this a sticky? (or is it already?)

how is a braid a protective style? just asking, not challenging.