Protective Styling/What Options?

SimpleKomplexity

Ahhh my hair can no longer be down!!!! I want some protective styles until I go back to school/ rollersetting challenge. I'm tryna hold off with the relaxers until February, but my new growth like I said a few days ago is going out of control. I don't want to flat iron my hair because I wash my hair every 3-4 days and that's just a LOT of heat. My rollersets look realy puffy, and they won't lie down to my face. I'm thinking about some straw curls or something. I see a lot of baggies and buns, but I haven't seen any that are late teenage/eary adulthood approriate for short hair. (Dang in 3 1/2 weeks I will be 20....:look:) I want to look my age but not older, protect my ends, and give my hair a break. What options do I have?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
There's quite a few young ladys on here your age (damn, I sounded old as hell:nono:) Anyway, maybe try your rollersets with a cute headband. You can try keeping your hair braided under a half wig. You could get braids too. You could do faux ponytails and buns. Those styles can be very cute, fresh and young looking! HTH:yep:

foxieroxienyc

Girl you've gotta just get creative with accessories. I hate buns, because to me they are soo boring. I'm a professional dancer and my early years of buns for ballet class day in and day out have me so through with buns that I almost would rather slit my wrist than to wear a bun off-stage, lol. But I've learned to spice em up over time. Get some pretty flower clips, some skinny elastic headbands, some regular head bands, those head band scarves and regular silk/satin scarves, pins, bejewled head bands, and get to work with creating your own style. I even do double buns (put my hair in two ponytails and bun each one and add a little flower to one side or a jeweled clip), or sometimes I'll wear my hair in pigtails (high enough that my hair doesnt graze my clothing). I like ponytails as opposed to buns all the time but I MAKE SURE I fully moisturize day and night when I do ponytails. buns though can come in many forms, you can even do cute side buns and dress them up with your accessories - or add a little bang, you can even put a small hair pin to the edges of your bang so they swoop on your forehead but the edges arent hanging down and exposed...

I also do messy up do's with clips and sometimes put an elastic headband around it to keep the sides up. I love letting down a little side swoop bang in front from time to time to change it up for my messy up-do's as well.

My fotki has some protective and semi-protective styles in it that I like to rock. It's small at the moment, but it's growing, each time I come up with a new look, I try to photograph it and put it up to share. Take a look and you'll get an idea of what I mean.

:yep::spinning:

SimpleKomplexity

Leslie_CI can rollerset pretty well but my newgrowth makes it looks puffy to me....:perplexed

MtAiryHoney- hmmm half wig you say hmmmm I need to look into that...THANKIEE! I tried doing the fauz ponytails things but those bobby pins hut my scalp sooooo badly!! I had scabs everywhere!:wallbash:

foxieroxienyc-Thanx I like your fotki!! Kute styles!! Now if only I could get ur abs loool:rolleyes: