Protein and Moisture balance?

gradygirl

I've finally found the protein and moisture conditioners that work for me. They are ORS hair mayo, Keracare Humectress, and Emergency. I only use the Emergency before or right after relaxers. I've been rotating the ORS and Humectress weekly. but I notice on the week that I use the humectress I have more shedding and breaking but on the week that I use the ORS I just get the normal shedding with very little breakage. Should I use the ORS weekly and if so when should I use the humectress? Is ORS okay to use weekly? I had to stop using NTM because it made my hair all mushy so now I guess I'm suffering from moisture overload but I don't want to over do the protein either. What do ladies think I should do? Thanks

MizaniMami

Do you want to keep using the humectress? If so I would mix ORS and Humectress (70% ORS and 30% humectress) together. And use it like that.

If you don't want to use humectress anymore you can just use the ORS every week. I don't think it will be bad. Your hair will let you know if it's not working for you. Just make sure to listen to it.

If you want to use up your humectress you can use it as a pre-poo or leave-in.

gradygirl

Yes i do want to keep using the huumectress because I love the way it makes my hair feel. I like the idea that you gave about using it as a prepoo. Thanks

MizaniMami

gradygirl said:
Yes i do want to keep using the huumectress because I love the way it makes my hair feel. I like the idea that you gave about using it as a prepoo. Thanks

Your welcome. Humectress serves as a great pre-poo for me.