Protein Conditioners - Joico vs. Aveda

kookie720

Sorry if I did this twice but I'm not sure it was done right the first time.

I’ve never posted anything before so I’m reaching out to you ladies for your suggestions. Please help a LHCF sista choose…

I’ve been reading a lot of the posts here and I’ve definitely gotten some great tips on haircare. Since reading the posts, I’ve achieved BSL and thickness in 3 months. So, thanks so much!!! J For years, I’ve been taking care of my own hair with occasional visits to the Dominican beauty salon. At home, I pretty much just wash, condition and rollerset leaving it to my beautician to perm and trim my ends every 10-12 weeks. Even at 12 weeks, I don’t look like I’ll need a perm but since it’s harder to maintain, I’ll get it relaxed. Two weeks ago, I decided to perm my hair at home using the Mizani Sensitive perm that I’ve been using for a little over 2 years. For the first time in my life, I had a few burns leaving scabs. I was a bit scared since I didn’t want any bald spots or patches. L I think that was from a combination of me taking my time to make sure I was getting all the right spots and me doing it more on the spur of the moment so I may have irritated my scalp prior. For the most part, it looked nice and straight when I was done but not too straight which is what I prefer anyway.

Being that I’m about 2 weeks post, I’m trying to decide which deep conditioner (protein), I should be using. Help!!! After I permed my hair, I used the Motions Neutralizing Shampoo (I’ve never used it before but I liked it) followed by Mizani, Fulfyl sealing it with a drop of castor oil which my hair seems to love. I usually let the condition sit for a little over an hour. I have to say that it has promoted growth, volume and my hair looks very healthy.. My hair just drinks it and it’s wonderful although I’ve heard otherwise but that my come from my hair type which is considered fine (Type 2A). Thing is, I know it’s not a protein conditioner (gives great slip and moisture) and I would like to know what most of you would recommend. I’m trying to decide between Joico or Aveda. I’ve used both in the past but it was so long ago that I forgot which one I liked the most. I’ve always loved the Aveda Deep Penetraiting Conditioner but I’m wondering if I should go with the Joice instead. I can’t do both cause they’re expensive product lines so I have to narrow it down to one. I'm really not sure what to do since I see shedding. I know it's from the season changing but I would like your suggestions on good protein conditioners and what your regimens are. Any advice would be helpful.