Protein fillers

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
how are people using this as a leave in? Are you using in straight or mixing it with your leave in conditioner and then applying? Is there any buildup with this and can it be used weekly as a leave in? Is this considered a medium or hard protein?

I could be wrong, but I think this counts as a hard protein treatment similar to aphogee two step. This would explain ppl only using it once a month to avoid protein overload. I prolly wouldnt use it as a weekly leave in, but every one's hair has different tolerance level of protein.

Honey Bee

I could be wrong, but I think this counts as a hard protein treatment similar to aphogee two step. This would explain ppl only using it once a month to avoid protein overload. I prolly wouldnt use it as a weekly leave in, but every one's hair has different tolerance level of protein.
I use it weekly in my conditioner, but I wouldn't use it alone as a leave-in. Maybe at 3-5%. My highly porous texlaxed hair loves/d protein, though so ymmv.

eta: As a gauge, I also had no problem using Aphogee 2 min once, sometimes twice, a week.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Ladies after having it on my wishlist on Sallys, I went out and bought it today. Imma mix it with my DCs and also use it as a leave-in, that will take the place of Aphogee Green Tea.

I do not remember using or buying this stuff. I want it again though LOL

julzinha

I just discovered Neutral Protein Filler and it is AMAZING. I always thought my hair didn't like protein when it just disliked certain protein products such as Aphogee 2 min or Joico Kpak.

I love that the product is liquid and pretty much pure protein so their no fillers and I can use it as a mild, medium or hard protein. I add 1 heaping tbsp of AO GPB and 2 tbsp of the protein filler as a treatment. The first time I did it my breakage stopped immediately and my hair has been stronger.

I also add 1 tsp to my kimmaytube leave in recipe for a protein boost.

curlytwirly06

I need protein badly. Have used everything and still have not gotten the results I want. Can this be mixed with a deep conditioner or should I use it alone for best results.

julzinha

I need protein badly. Have used everything and still have not gotten the results I want. Can this be mixed with a deep conditioner or should I use it alone for best results.

curlytwirly06 you can use it however you like which is what I love, it is so versatile. It is pure protein, no fillers, you can add it to whatever you want. I suggest you use it straight out of the bottle.

JustSitNBePretty

bumping for more reviews.

I recently discovered I have been over moisturizing my hair. I like the Apogee 2-step but its a time consuming messy process and I wanna give this a try.

julzinha

bumping for more reviews.

I recently discovered I have been over moisturizing my hair. I like the Apogee 2-step but its a time consuming messy process and I wanna give this a try.
I personally love neutral protein filler, but it has actually worked the best when I used it with mixed with aphogee 2 step. I know it's messy, but it is very worth it for the results