PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinkycotton

Just checking in;
Protein treatment; Lustrasilk Cholesterol enriched with carrot oil and egg yolks. Sample pack Via Natural Reparative Strengthening Creme on my scalp. I scored a 7 because i'm still seeing breakage but I'm thinking it's not suppose to be immediate results. It felt ok on my strands.

Moisturizing DC Treatment; Biologic hydrating conditioner with coconut oil overnight- scored a 10+++ I'm gonna have to buy the bigger jar cause my hair :infatuated: this stuff!!!

Now gonna make a conditioning gel reciepe from youtube. I want to do more wash n goes but the gel and condish wash only method leaves my hair so hard.

kinkycotton

Sorry to hear you having problems. I would def get a reconstructor and then go with the light protein later. Maybe you out of balance cause you using to much moisture. I was doing the protein moisture thing but my hair was so damaged the moisture was to much. I did the protein to rebuild then started using moisture but not that much. It seemed my hair was strong and feeling good with protein then I used moisture DC and that canceled out the protein. I was back to square one. hope I'm explaining it right

Thanks Patricia!! :grin: I'm thinking about this;
1)On weekly wash day do a protein treatment and following up with a moisturizing treatment.
2)Middle of the week do a oil treatment
3)Co wash 1x a week since I'm starting to workout 5x a week. (same day as a oil treatment

How does that sound??

Patricia

Just checking in. I have been trying homemade protein treatments with variable success. Mostly I don't like how thin nd runny they have been. My hair definitely appreciates me applying them despite the mess so I continue to do it. Tomorrow I'm going to do a yogurt, honey, egg, amino acids treatment or a yogurt, baking soda, amino acids treatment. Depends on how things start looking as I get the mixing. Once I use up my free yoghurt (I got it from a health food store since it expired) I'll start using my Joico K-pak again or mixing other protein treatments with my DC.

I tried the Shescentit Fortifying Mask the other day and I like it but didn't realize it was balanced and didn't require a moisture DC after. I liked it but prefer pure protein treatments that I can follow up with a moisture DC. Since my hair needs a little extra protein from time to time.
Sounds like you got it under control. your mixes sound very healing for the hair

Patricia

Just checking in;
Protein treatment; Lustrasilk Cholesterol enriched with carrot oil and egg yolks. Sample pack Via Natural Reparative Strengthening Creme on my scalp. I scored a 7 because i'm still seeing breakage but I'm thinking it's not suppose to be immediate results. It felt ok on my strands.

Moisturizing DC Treatment; Biologic hydrating conditioner with coconut oil overnight- scored a 10+++ I'm gonna have to buy the bigger jar cause my hair :infatuated: this stuff!!!

Now gonna make a conditioning gel reciepe from youtube. I want to do more wash n goes but the gel and condish wash only method leaves my hair so hard.
Yes maam listen to what your hair likes!

sqzbly1908

Checkin' in - washed hair with Therappe - followed up with Ultra Sheen Duo Tex - then used Kenra MC - rinsed and used Kerastase leave in....haven't used the USDT in awhile and feels much different than before - it felt good a few months ago but it feels divine now...I normally use it at relaxer time - may have to throw it back in tha' rotation

mkd

I used Aphogee 2 min on dry hair for 15 minutes, CW with Aussie Moist and then DC with shescenit it banana brulee. I have so few hairs in my comb after I rinsed! I can't believe I slept on protein for so long.

morehairplease

Checking in ladies,

I deep conditioned my hair yesterday with a moisturizing conditioner/1 egg/pc/oil for an hour and did a quick cw/rinse out co after wards. I definitely achieved a 10 with mix. My plan is to use this week for one of my three deep conditioner sessions and have the other two be moisturizing dc only.

Patricia

Checking in ladies,

I deep conditioned my hair yesterday with a moisturizing conditioner/1 egg/pc/oil for an hour and did a quick cw/rinse out co after wards. I definitely achieved a 10 with mix. My plan is to use this week for one of my three deep conditioner sessions and have the other two be moisturizing dc only.
a 10 is a good thing!

Kellum

Checking in:

I've been kind of lazy with my hair. I had a lot going on. I clarified and then did an Emergence treatment. I let it dry until hard and then DC'd with Back to Basics Honey Hydrating and Salon Care Honey Almond. I rinsed, applied my leave ins. My hair felt like butter. Definitely a 10.

sqzbly1908

Just checkin' in - washed with Kenra MS, followed up with Aphogee 2 minute for about 5minutes - then used Kerastase Leave In - Definitely a 10!!!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Did an egg protein treatment today. I mixed 2 eggs with one of my conditioners and applied the mixture to my hair from root to tip. Covered with a plastic cap, left it on for about 20 minutes, rinsed. I then poured diluted moisturising conditioner over my hair, did a final tepid rinse, applied my moisturiser and let air dry. It's still drying....slowly.

morehairplease

Deep conditioning now(moisture/protein conditioner mix....trying to use up a lot of conditioners I purchased last summer) and will do a quick rinse out conditioner once in the shower.

Aggie

Wow, I haven't checked in here for a minute. The only thing I have been doing really is spraying my hair with my Infusium 23 mixed in with my braid spray for protein. I am only washing/DCing my extension braids every 2 weeks this time because I want them to look great for a longer time this go round.

Patricia

Checking in:

I've been kind of lazy with my hair. I had a lot going on. I clarified and then did an Emergence treatment. I let it dry until hard and then DC'd with Back to Basics Honey Hydrating and Salon Care Honey Almond. I rinsed, applied my leave ins. My hair felt like butter. Definitely a 10.
Your hair looks amazing in your avi:grin:

Patricia

Did an egg protein treatment today. I mixed 2 eggs with one of my conditioners and applied the mixture to my hair from root to tip. Covered with a plastic cap, left it on for about 20 minutes, rinsed. I then poured diluted moisturising conditioner over my hair, did a final tepid rinse, applied my moisturiser and let air dry. It's still drying....slowly.
Eggs make great protein treatments! :yep::yep::yep:

Patricia

Wow, I haven't checked in here for a minute. The only thing I have been doing really is spraying my hair with my Infusium 23 mixed in with my braid spray for protein. I am only washing/DCing my extension braids every 2 weeks this time because I want them to look great for a longer time this go round.
Thats a good thing! You giving your hair a break. My hair thin out when I wear braids. I love braids but can't wear them:wallbash:

Aggie

Thats a good thing! You giving your hair a break. My hair thin out when I wear braids. I love braids but can't wear them:wallbash:

That's amazing, mine actually thicken with braids and cornrows. I think I'll pick up on applying my MN mix through them as of next week again:yep:.

i think i need more protein in my regimen...i thought the aussie reconstructor was one but i think i need something heavier.
i'm going to get a retouch this week and then afterwards start a new regimen with more protein...ive bought ors hair mayo, aphogee 2 min and ao gbp but i dont really know what to use and when. i plan on rollersetting for the next couple of months and washing/dc'ing once a week and maybe a cowash in between if my hair doesnt hold up...do i just alternate my type of dc each week or use protein every other week and follow by moisture? i'd appreciate any input. thanks a lot!!

eta: my other conditioners are ao hsr, aussie moist, v05, aussie deeep 3 min moisture miracle and some mizani moisturefuse that im trying to decide to replace or not

Last edited:

Aggie

i think i need more protein in my regimen...i thought the aussie reconstructor was one but i think i need something heavier.
i'm going to get a retouch this week and then afterwards start a new regimen with more protein...ive bought ors hair mayo, aphogee 2 min and ao gbp but i dont really know what to use and when. i plan on rollersetting for the next couple of months and washing/dc'ing once a week and maybe a cowash in between if my hair doesnt hold up...do i just alternate my type of dc each week or use protein every other week and follow by moisture? i'd appreciate any input. thanks a lot!!

eta: my other conditioners are ao hsr, aussie moist, v05, aussie deeep 3 min moisture miracle and some mizani moisturefuse that im trying to decide to replace or not

Well all the protein treatments you listed here are mild and you can alternate them if you like week for week adn follow up with a moisturizing DC each time to prevent the feeling of protein overload in your hair. If you need something stronger, try putting an egg in with your DC, no heat though or you'll have cooked eggs on your head. You may also try Dudley's Cream Protein (moderate strength protein - use every 2 weeks or so) or Dudley's DRC28 Treatment. The DRC28 can only be used every 6-8 weeks because it is very strong. Be careful with that one. many ladies also report great results with Nexxus Emergencee which can also be used weekly.

If you can't get these, try the Joico kpak reconstructor line.

Status
Not open for further replies.