PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqzbly1908

Just checkin' in....Washed with Jonathan Ionic Balance - followed up with Emergencee - rinsed and then followed up with MOP Extreme Moisture - still a 10....

Ronnieaj

Just finished the ApHogee 2 step treatment. Currently under dryer steaming for 30 with mix of Ion Extreme Moisture, David Babaii Wild Aid Hydrating Conditioner, and JBCO. My hair already feels softer and STRONG :grin:, gonna rinse, acv rinse, and twist. I know naturals aren't supposed to need as much protein, but my hair genuinely LOVES this treatment! A 10++++++ in my book.

morehairplease

pre-pooing/dc now with Quantum moisturizing co and 1 whole egg for 30 min. I plan on shampooing this out while in the shower and doing a quick cw.

sqzbly1908

Did a DC on dry hair with a combo of AO GPB/HSR and K-Pak Leave In for fine hair - let it dry overnight (last night) rinsed shampooed with Jonathan Ionic Balance and followed up Kenra MC rinsed and used Kerastase Leave in...

Patricia

i think i need more protein in my regimen...i thought the aussie reconstructor was one but i think i need something heavier.
i'm going to get a retouch this week and then afterwards start a new regimen with more protein...ive bought ors hair mayo, aphogee 2 min and ao gbp but i dont really know what to use and when. i plan on rollersetting for the next couple of months and washing/dc'ing once a week and maybe a cowash in between if my hair doesnt hold up...do i just alternate my type of dc each week or use protein every other week and follow by moisture? i'd appreciate any input. thanks a lot!!

eta: my other conditioners are ao hsr, aussie moist, v05, aussie deeep 3 min moisture miracle and some mizani moisturefuse that im trying to decide to replace or not
Wow I missed this post. I personally use protein every week. It may not be a strong strong protein but its keeping my hair healthy. Aphogee has a 2 step that is stronger protein than the 2 minute. The 2 min can be used weekly if your hair loves protein like mine. I been having good results with hot oil treaments too! Good advise from Aggie the joico k pac line is good. Be sure to let us know how your treatment went and what products you used

Patricia

Just finished the ApHogee 2 step treatment. Currently under dryer steaming for 30 with mix of Ion Extreme Moisture, David Babaii Wild Aid Hydrating Conditioner, and JBCO. My hair already feels softer and STRONG :grin:, gonna rinse, acv rinse, and twist. I know naturals aren't supposed to need as much protein, but my hair genuinely LOVES this treatment! A 10++++++ in my book.
Always happy to hear hair at its best!!!

Patricia

Did a DC on dry hair with a combo of AO GPB/HSR and K-Pak Leave In for fine hair - let it dry overnight (last night) rinsed shampooed with Jonathan Ionic Balance and followed up Kenra MC rinsed and used Kerastase Leave in...
I haven't did an overnight treatment yet! Not with conditioners only oils. I know I tried it back when I messed up my hair but not since I got it back on track. I'm scared I will have a setback. Glad you taking advantage of all the good conditioning options!:yep::yep::yep:

Kellum

Checking in: I did my ayurveda regimen. Then DC'd with Megatek, Keraphix, Back to Basics Honey Hydrating and Salon Care Hony Almond for 40 mins with my heat cap. I applied FSP after the DC and then rinsed. My hair came out feeling like butter. :)

Last edited:

Aggie

Checking in. I made a wonderful ayurvedic tea rinse today to spray over my extension braided hair.
It consisted of my fenugreek tea rinse (20oz) as a base (in my fotki) and I added that to a mixture of powders ie:

1 Tbs each of brahmi, kalpi tone, amla, shikakai powders.
I also added 3 Tbs of some old henna I have and don't have the heart to throw it away. It has lost it's ability to deposit as much color on my hair as I like so I am using it for conditioning and strengthening purposes only by adding it to my ayurvedic tea rinses. I let it steep for about 2 hours then strained it.

I then added a few drops of rosemary, peppermint, and lavender essential oils and put it in two spritzer bottles, then sprayed my pre-oiled, scritched scalp and hair with it. This is my current strengthener. So far I really love it.

sqzbly1908

I haven't did an overnight treatment yet! Not with conditioners only oils. I know I tried it back when I messed up my hair but not since I got it back on track. I'm scared I will have a setback. Glad you taking advantage of all the good conditioning options!:yep::yep::yep:

Trish and Friends - check out this link (if you haven't seen it already)...http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35278

I plan on doing this particular option once a week until the end of the year - I am already doing the every other day condish challenge - there are other options in the above link...

1. Wash your hair with the clarifying shampoo and towel dry.
2. Mix the creamy protein treatment with the creamy moisturizing conditioner in your palm and apply all over. Put on a shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes. (You can also apply hot wet towels or a hair dryer to use heat)
3. Remove shower cap- do not rinse. Apply spray on moisturizer all over. Blow dry hair until mostly dry.
4. Rinse
5. Towel dry hair again and apply the final protein treatment. Leave this is your hair overnight.
6. The next day, shampoo and condition as normal.

She says to do this twice a week for 2 weeks and you’re hair will be fixed. She also advises against only using moisturizing or softening products on hair that is spongy and severely damaged. Use them in conjunction with protein treatments.
(copied verbatim)

I will be tweaking it a bit but this will also give me a chance to use up alot of my old condishes
i.e. instead of blow drying - sitting under the dryer, may just put a moisturizing condish instead of spraying a moisturizing condish. - for Line item 6 - I will be using a moisturizing shampoo and condish ...

Sorry So Long!!!

so i relaxed last monday and on sunday i did my protein treatment...i used ao gbp for 20 min with heat but my mom called and i think it was on my hair for 40 min total. i followed up with ao hsr for 40 min with heat then roux porosity control for 1-2 min. my hair didnt feel anything special afterwards. i rollerset (with lacio lacio) and then pincurled it. yesterday when i went to moisturize my hair (with he ltr leave in) there were tons of broken hairs in the sink...im not really sure what i should do now...maybe i need more moisturizing products.......

chebaby

i havent posted in this thread in a while but i have still been doing light treatments with joico DPR, AO GPB and ors mayo. my hair feels amazing.
today i co washed with silk element olive oil conditioner and i didnt realize how much protein this stuff has in it. my hair feel so strong yet soft and moisturized right now.
since i have been natual (3 months last week) i havent done any hard core treatments. but my hair still feels strong.

Kellum

I did my entire regimen early this morning and DC'd with MT, Keraphix, Back to Basic Honey Hydrating, Salon Care Honey Almond, and Aura Rosemary Mint Conditioner. I used to do my protein DC first and then follow up with moisture. Now I just do it all at once. It seems to be working just fine plus it cuts down on time. My hair felt great as always.

Vonnieluvs08

I have been adding protein (MT or Joico Kpak) to my DC. I've been a little nervous to do a full protein treatment on my natural hair though it never seemed to mind before. I think I'll do a Joico treatment sunday since I'm going to flat twist my hair for the next week and wearing a wash n go and I'll need the protein to lock in the moisture. Hope to get back to doing homemade protein treatments next month.

Aggie

Okay my extension braids are finally out and I did an overnight henna treatment on Monday night, washed out on Tuesday morning followed by deep conditioning with a mix of Jason Naturals Jojoba Conditioner and Joico Color Endure Conditioner. They both have a balance of protein and moisture and left my hair feeling soft soft and strong all at the same time.

I am so happy that I made the decision to start using more Joico hair care products in my regimen. I love how my hair has this super shine to it now even though I am 26 weeks post my last relaxer today, yay! Today I used my beer shampoo I made yesterday on my hair and I love love love how my hair feels after using it. I have Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner on it now and will leave it in as a leave in as well.

My Beer Shampoo:

3oz peppermint Castile Soap - none sulfate/natural
1.5oz vegetable glycerine - humectant/moisturizing
3oz of reduced beer (boiled 20 oz can of Busch beer to about 3oz - should have been boiled to about 4oz) allow to cool and add to remaning ingredients. Beer for shine, bounce, body and volumizing.
2oz of black tea (cooled) Acts like a tanin/strengthener
A few drops each of rosemary and lavender essential oils - for stimulation/circulation.

Mix all ingredients together. Yum yum:lick:.

panamoni

Hello, It seems like I'm joining every challenge -- do all Newbies do this? Anyway, I believe my hair likes protien, so I'd like to join this challenge. I'll be using Aphogee 2min weekly to start. I'll also be using Salerm 21 and Infusium 23 leave-ins every other day.
Thanks.

ETA: I'm also using MegaTek

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Dc'd with steam and Green Tea Shea Butter Reconstructing Deep Treatment on Wednesday. I bought quite a few Mill Creek protein condishes recently that I will use for cowashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.