PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

wow I just read all 20 pages,Ladies yesterday I washed and so much hair cam out I wanted to cry.I thought it was because i'm transitioning but as I read this thread I now realise I'm in need of some protein.I will pick up Emergencee form Nexxus. I have been at a complete lost as to how to help my hair one minute it was growing and then Bam shedding and breakage thin endss.i cut yes cut my hair last moth hoping that would help but yesterday proved It did nothing.This Thread is a an answer to my prayers. Thank you
Please, please, please let us know as soon as you use the emergencee how you hair feels. You might want to join the challenge with us.

tgrowe

OMG it seems like when I read your post I can hear you talk:lachen:. We bout to put u on stage wit steve harvey. U halarious(i can't spell):lachen:

Girl out of all the BAD days I've had with my hair, the days when I tried curling my hair and my hair literally beat up the curling iron, the days when I was looking like a dang Chia pet due to a braid out gone wrong and wild, and days when I just didn't give a yam looking like "who did it and what for", I have learned to humor myself through it all. But now along with that humor I have better knowledge which comes from this board and threads like this one.

Aggie

Girl out of all the BAD days I've had with my hair, the days when I tried curling my hair and my hair literally beat up the curling iron, the days when I was looking like a dang Chia pet due to a braid out gone wrong and wild, and days when I just didn't give a yam looking like "who did it and what for", I have learned to humor myself through it all. But now along with that humor I have better knowledge which comes from this board and threads like this one.

OMG:lachen:! We have another MonaLisa on the board:giggle:. You are too funny girl tgrowe. I am so glad to be a part of this thread. Can't wait to see and hear what you come up with next:pop: . Anyhoo, I think it's about time I go to:sleep: now, lol. Ciao for now.

sheba1

THAT THE REASON I STARTED MY ORIGINAL THREAD (MY DISCOVERY) I WAS HOPING I COULD STOP SOMEONE FROM MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES I DID. Your hair looks good in your siggy:yep:. Stop in and let us know how your products are working for you. Very happy to hear you only had a couple strands lost. Let me know if you want to join?

Thank you, Patricia!

Your discovery definitely made me feel more secure about protein. I came across my first protein treatment first; tried it; loved it. Then I started reading all the "protein beware!" posts and wasn't sure how to continue! hahaha Reading your discovery thread helped me to see that maybe the fact that my hair was reacting well to protein was a good and normal thing. Which makes since, right? It's made of protein so why would protein be bad for it? Also, if someone says moisture/protein balance I think it's odd that for some that means, moisture, moisture, moisture, moisture...

Muse

Hi Ladies,

I've since been using megatek for hair growth. Recently, I've invested in some Joico K-Pak reconstructor and some joico moisture recovery for balance. But I wonder if it will be ok to add some "stuff" to this moisture recovery conditioner to make it more intense? Do you think it'd be ok to doctor it up with some amla oil, vatika oil, honey and glycerine without disturbing the effects? I just want to make it more effective as a deep conditioner after the reconstructor. What do you ladies think?

I think the Joico MR Balm (or Treatment Lotion if you have fine hair) would be better for DCing. I don't know if you are talking about these or the regular conditioner but I think the two I mentioned are better suited for DCing.

sheba1

I think the Joico MR Balm (or Treatment Lotion if you have fine hair) would be better for DCing. I don't know if you are talking about these or the regular conditioner but I think the two I mentioned are better suited for DCing.

Ok, thanks so much, Muse. Yeah, I think I grabbed the wrong one. The intense balm looked great but it was soooo pricey! lol So, I dunno, I'll see how it works out.

Thanks again, I'll keep an eye out for those.

Patricia

I already know! Laugh instead of crying. Its such a pleasure to have you hear. :yep:

jreagins

Im in, please add me to the list!
WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? GVP Reconstructor (joico k-pak)
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 5

WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? Either leave it on longer or get a stronger protien

I think I may need to step my protien level up. The first time I used this it worked within the 5 min, but I did a steam treatment afterwards with GVP Conditioing Balm (and it over-moisturized me) so the results from the K-Pak were eliminated, but today when I used it, my hair was breaking and shedding something serious... Later this week I'll try leaving it on longer, if that doesnt help I may try this

Eisani likes it so I may try it... I'll keep ya'll updated...

Patricia

Thank you, Patricia!

Your discovery definitely made me feel more secure about protein. I came across my first protein treatment first; tried it; loved it. Then I started reading all the "protein beware!" posts and wasn't sure how to continue! hahaha Reading your discovery thread helped me to see that maybe the fact that my hair was reacting well to protein was a good and normal thing. Which makes since, right? It's made of protein so why would protein be bad for it? Also, if someone says moisture/protein balance I think it's odd that for some that means, moisture, moisture, moisture, moisture...
So glad you listened to your hair! Thats whats important. I didn't know how to listen to my hair. I was so overwhelmed by all the info and all the new products out there. I had to try them all. :wallbash: I slowed my role, cryed and prayed for answers. I'm really joyous anytime I can help someone. But don't give me all the credit. If it wasn't for the ladies letting me know they been through the same thing as me, :think:this thread wound not be right here right now. Its because of all of you! :dance7:
I also added a disclaimer to the newbies. "Take baby steps" and also trying to not offend people who uses only moisturizing products. Thats not my goal to offend people only share info to hopefully help!:grouphug:

Patricia

Thanks Muse. You have very good info too!:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

IndianAngel22

Of course! Count me in :grin:

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Aphogee baby! I use the 2 Minute Reconstructor, Green Tea Keratin Reconstructorizer and the Vitamin Leave-in. :love:
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 10! Here's why: Since I started incorporating the Aphogee products into my regimen, I have achieved stronger yet soft hair that is light, airy and holds a curl. I thought I was going to have to chop about 2 inches off of the ends of my hair, but protein has really improved the overall health. My ends are no longer puffy when straightened, they hold a curl and just look fabulous!
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? None really. I do make sure that I balance my protein use with moisture though. I don't always use heat, so I alternate my Aphogee products with Nexxus Theratin (poo) & Humectin (con).

Great challenge Patricia!

OMG I use those EXACT 3 products too now! I was copying Ateyaaa and it felt amazing! Do you deep condition after your 2 min reconstructor though? And if not when do you do so?

Patricia

Im in, please add me to the list!
WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? GVP Reconstructor (joico k-pak)
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 5
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? Either leave it on longer or get a stronger protien

I think I may need to step my protien level up. The first time I used this it worked within the 5 min, but I did a steam treatment afterwards with GVP Conditioing Balm (and it over-moisturized me) so the results from the K-Pak were eliminated, but today when I used it, my hair was breaking and shedding something serious... Later this week I'll try leaving it on longer, if that doesnt help I may try this

Eisani likes it so I may try it... I'll keep ya'll updated...
I DID THE SAME THING MY HAIR WAS FEELING STRONG AND HEALTHLY AFTER A PROTEIN CONDITIONER AND I MESSED ALL THAT UP WITH MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER IN MY HAIR FOR TOO LONG. SO I DC WITH PROTEIN AGAIN. I WAS NOT GOING TO DEAL WITH WEAK OVERMOISTURIZED HAIR FOR A FULL WEEK! KEEP US UPDATED ON THE MENDEX I NEVER USED IT. I ONLY USED THE POROSITY CONTROL. MAYBE ONE DAY YOU CAN TRY DUOTEX ITS VERY AFFORTABLE, SIMPLE TREATMENT. YOU ONLY LEAVE IT IN FOR 10MIN NO HEAT, AND YOU WILL HAVE SILKY, STRONG HAIR. MY NEXT PURCHASE WILL BE THE NEXXUS EMERGENCY AND APHOGEE LEAVE IN. CANT SEE ME GOING WRONG WITH THOSE. WELCOME

jreagins

I DID THE SAME THING MY HAIR WAS FEELING STRONG AND HEALTHLY AFTER A PROTEIN CONDITIONER AND I MESSED ALL THAT UP WITH MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER IN MY HAIR FOR TOO LONG. SO I DC WITH PROTEIN AGAIN. I WAS NOT GOING TO DEAL WITH WEAK OVERMOISTURIZED HAIR FOR A FULL WEEK! KEEP US UPDATED ON THE MENDEX I NEVER USED IT. I ONLY USED THE POROSITY CONTROL. MAYBE ONE DAY YOU CAN TRY DUOTEX ITS VERY AFFORTABLE, SIMPLE TREATMENT. YOU ONLY LEAVE IT IN FOR 10MIN NO HEAT, AND YOU WILL HAVE SILKY, STRONG HAIR. MY NEXT PURCHASE WILL BE THE NEXXUS EMERGENCY AND APHOGEE LEAVE IN. CANT SEE ME GOING WRONG WITH THOSE. WELCOME

Thanks for the warm welcome! Just remembered I clarified my hair the first time so maybe that had something to do with how quickly it worked

gissellr78

HI am Checking in:grin:

I used Nexxus Emergencee and then a balancing moisturizer by aphogee
From 1-10---always a 10 with nexxus

Patricia

Thanks for the warm welcome! Just remembered I clarified my hair the first time so maybe that had something to do with how quickly it worked
Oh wow your hair looks so thick in your siggy. What have you been doing to get it that thick? Beautiful

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Ok Shay Welcome. Never heard of the Methi Recovery System. What is it? Sounds like you on the right track. You must be liking your hair right about now. Keep us posted

Thanks for the welcome. It is a product from www.hairveda.com. She is a member here and has great products. This product will be coming out at some point this month. Here is the link :http://hairveda.com/condish.aspx Now that I have posted this I know I'm in trouble bc I know how these lurkers can be :blush:!

Patricia

Thanks for the welcome. It is a product from www.hairveda.com. She is a member here and has great products. This product will be coming out at some point this month. Here is the link :http://hairveda.com/condish.aspx Now that I have posted this I know I'm in trouble bc I know how these lurkers can be :blush:!
Oh good to know hairveda has another popular product. I havent' ordered anything from her but I heard her products are great. She has such a warm personality! Don't know why I haven't tried her products. :think:All her products looks delicious!

onyxdreams

Please, please, please let us know as soon as you use the emergencee how you hair feels. You might want to join the challenge with us.

Thank you Patricia I plan to use it on wednesday since I already washed on saturday.I really do thing I will feel a difference.again this thread was right on time

jreagins

Oh wow your hair looks so thick in your siggy. What have you been doing to get it that thick? Beautiful

Thanks! As far as thickening... Nothing... I used to use Castor oil but I stopped... I think it's the ayurvedic tea rinses... IDK...

jreagins

I really need to do something different... I purposely combed out my hair out over the sink and there was hair EVERYWHERE... Long and short.. I highly doubt that it was shed hair

MrsQueeny

I am joining this not for myself but for my middle daughter. She has fine, dry, that has been breaking recently. After speaking with Nice & Wavy whose hair is similar, I changed up her regi to include protein treatments. I did one yesterday with MT for about 10-15 minutes then followed up with the hairveda dc under the steamer for 20 minutes. I haven't decided how often just yet but I am thinking at least every other week. I will be starting an album today when I get home to track her progress. Thanks for inviting me Patricia. Q

tgrowe

Okay so I DC today with UBH Deep Conditioner and followed it with SE Mega Cholesterol and Aussie Tnree Minute for added moisture and slip. My hair has not, and I repeat, has not shed or broke as much since my egg mixture/treatment last week. The UBH Deep Condish does have a reconstructor in it so I plan on using it weekly if not twice a week during my DC.
Right now I am seven weeks post and if you would have told me in the past to go almost two months post relaxer without braids or a wig, I prolly would have thought you were Pres. Bush, threw a shoe at ya, and dared you to duck:grin:
My last relaxer was on November 29, 2008 and the stylist (who I haven't seen since mid December and don't plan on going back) told me that day that my hair was shedding because I needed a relaxer.:ohwell: No DC, no protein treatments, no moisturization, but a relaxer will solve your ailments. Needless to say, that just didn't sit right with me. I had to prove her wrong so here I am again taking care of my own hair and it feels so good.:lick:

changedlife

I am joining this challenge. I recently discovered that my hair needs some amount of protein in my regime. I BCed in March of 2008 and I ended up cutting more and more because my hair was very damaged and dry. I think my hair was damaged because I had cut protein off my regime completly. I done my last chop last month, and ever since I started to incorporate protein in my regime and my hair is feeling better.

sqzbly1908

Okay so I DC today with UBH Deep Conditioner and followed it with SE Mega Cholesterol and Aussie Tnree Minute for added moisture and slip. My hair has not, and I repeat, has not shed or broke as much since my egg mixture/treatment last week. The UBH Deep Condish does have a reconstructor in it so I plan on using it weekly if not twice a week during my DC.
Right now I am seven weeks post and if you would have told me in the past to go almost two months post relaxer without braids or a wig, I prolly would have thought you were Pres. Bush, threw a shoe at ya, and dared you to duck:grin:
My last relaxer was on November 29, 2008 and the stylist (who I haven't seen since mid December and don't plan on going back) told me that day that my hair was shedding because I needed a relaxer.:ohwell: No DC, no protein treatments, no moisturization, but a relaxer will solve your ailments. Needless to say, that just didn't sit right with me. I had to prove her wrong so here I am again taking care of my own hair and it feels so good.:lick:

Hi Soror (1st bolded) - isn't that a beautiful thang...that's what happened when I started using Ultra Sheen DT - You are going to prove her wrong!!! (2nd bolded) I wouldn't do the shoe thingee - I would probably throw some of these old bobo hair products from under my sink at him:lachen::lachen:

I see we are neck and neck - my last retouch was on 11/25...trying to stretch until Valentine's Day (unlikely)

Aggie

:lachen::lachen::lachen:. Hooooo, that gut wrenching laugh was soooo good. Thanks girl.

Muse

Hi tgrowe, is this your first time using that UBH conditioner? How do you like it? Do you have the UBH leave in lotion? I wanted to try it because Cathy Howse said it was really good for moisturizing after protein treatments.

Stepiphanie

I' m in.

Currently I'm using GPB and Emengencee. I've been using the GPB 1x/wk for a few mins before I do my moisture dc. I did the emegencee this wknd b/c I was getting breakage at the demarcation line. Anyway right now I would say my hair is a 7or 8. To get to a 10 I just need to continue to listen to my hair needs, I'm still learning. I will start doing the emergencee monthly or as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.