PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie

Hi tgrowe, is this your first time using that UBH conditioner? How do you like it? Do you have the UBH leave in lotion? I wanted to try it because Cathy Howse said it was really good for moisturizing after protein treatments.

I have the whole set and they really are as good as everyone says. I especially love the daily moisturizer - it leaves my hair feeling like butter:yep:. The conditioner leaves a nice tingle on my scalp and works great at both softening and strengthening my fine strands. HTH!

Last edited:

LostInAdream

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Nexxus Emergencee
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? if this aint a 10, idk what is:grin:
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? N/A

I washed with Nexxus aloe rid. Aplied Emergencee and sat under dryer for 10 minutes it made my hair hard. I washed with relaxed and natural shampoo(it was ok). DC'ed for 1hr with alter ego garlic impac ego (my hair loves it). Rollersetted using NTM silk touch leave in, few sprays of infusium 23, Sebastain Potion 9. My hair came out very soft, semi shiny and feels silky. I am 13 weeks post and my new growth looks good now.

tgrowe

Hi Soror (1st bolded) - isn't that a beautiful thang...that's what happened when I started using Ultra Sheen DT - You are going to prove her wrong!!! (2nd bolded) I wouldn't do the shoe thingee - I would probably throw some of these old bobo hair products from under my sink at him:lachen::lachen:

I see we are neck and neck - my last retouch was on 11/25...trying to stretch until Valentine's Day (unlikely)
Hey Sqzbly (SkeE WeE), we've got to screngthen (and I did say screngthen) each other on this one. Although my hair is stronger it's definitely not as soft as I would like. It still has the tendency to feel like straw when dry:wallbash: I tried that Roux porosity control like you suggested in a thread I started several weeks ago. That stuff is like ish; maybe I am not using it right. Anyhoo, like I state, my hair stronger but it feels dry and RAWFGH (rough). Any suggestions ladies?

sqzbly1908

Sorry about the Roux!!!:perplexed Have you tried dc'ing overnight? When I went through a little dry/tangled patch, I did this every other night for about a week. I was using AO HSR and Nexxus Humectress....

Stepiphanie

wow Ms Lyons... our regie is similar, I DC's w/ the alter ego as well after emegencee, it was my first time using it, it's definitely a keeper!!

tgrowe

Hi tgrowe, is this your first time using that UBH conditioner? How do you like it? Do you have the UBH leave in lotion? I wanted to try it because Cathy Howse said it was really good for moisturizing after protein treatments.
Hey Muse,
I love the Deep Condish; I love how it makes the scalp tingle as Aggie state. The moisturizer is okay to me. It kind of leaves my hair feeling filmy-like and a little bit heavy. Maybe I need to give the product another chance:rolleyes: in the future but right now it doesn't leave my hair feeling all that great.
I also have the dew spray and it's okay as well. It works great if you want to rollerset your hair and prefer not to use the creme moisturizer. But once you start stretching your relaxers, if you are a stretcher, that when it's recommended to use the creme although you can use it anytime post relaxer. HTH

Aggie

Hey Sqzbly (SkeE WeE), we've got to screngthen (and I did say screngthen) each other on this one. Although my hair is stronger it's definitely not as soft as I would like. It still has the tendency to feel like straw when dry:wallbash: I tried that Roux porosity control like you suggested in a thread I started several weeks ago. That stuff is like ish; maybe I am not using it right. Anyhoo, like I state, my hair stronger but it feels dry and RAWFGH (rough). Any suggestions ladies?

What deep conditioners are you following up your protein treatments with? What are you moisturizing your hair with on a daily basis? Are you sealing your moisturizer in with a natural oil? Also when was the last time you clarified your hair? I have a citric acid and an apple cider vinegar rinse recipe in my fotki to help with porosity control.

tgrowe

Sorry about the Roux!!!:perplexed Have you tried dc'ing overnight? When I went through a little dry/tangled patch, I did this every other night for about a week. I was using AO HSR and Nexxus Humectress....
No I usually don't DC overnight although I have done it in the past. It's just too much to deal with my hair in the mornings since I have to get up early and get myself and my baby ready before going to work.
I don't know what it is sometimes. My hair is soft when wet and feels like a dream but it very dull and stiff when dry most of the time. My hair felt it's best when I was cowashing but that put me in a bunch of doo since I was not incorporating protein in the mix. Urgghh! Maybe my perm-head needs a perm?

Aggie

Hey Muse,
I love the Deep Condish; I love how it makes the scalp tingle as Aggie state. The moisturizer is okay to me. It kind of leaves my hair feeling filmy-like and a little bit heavy. Maybe I need to give the product another chance:rolleyes: in the future but right now it doesn't leave my hair feeling all that great.
I also have the dew spray and it's okay as well. It works great if you want to rollerset your hair and prefer not to use the creme moisturizer. But once you start stretching your relaxers, if you are a stretcher, that when it's recommended to use the creme although you can use it anytime post relaxer. HTH

I am stretching right now - I'm just over 11 weeks post - will be exactly 12 weeks on this coming Sunday. I may or may not relax, still undecided.

tgrowe

What deep conditioners are you following up your protein treatments with? What are you moisturizing your hair with on a daily basis? Are you sealing your moisturizer in with a natural oil? Also when was the last time you clarified your hair? I have a citric acid and an apple cider vinegar rinse recipe in my fotki to help with porosity control.
I use SE Mega Cholesterol Conditoning afterwards. Is that too much protein? I also use Aussie Moist along with it to give my hair some slip since my hair is hard after the treatments and Aussie gives my hair the most softness out of all condish products I've tried so far. The Mega Cholesterol really does leave my hair soft but I also like adding the Aussie for extra softness. I use HE LTR to moisturize and jojoa oil to seal. I have tried these two when my hair was wet but my hair likes the combo better after is dries. I clarified or used the ORS Creamy Aloe last week right before my egg mixture/treatment. I used the ACV today after I DC and I could realllly tell the difference in how soft my hair was. But that was wet and when it dried it felt uggh.

Another note, I think I do have hard water where I live. That may also have something to do with it as well.

tgrowe

I am stretching right now - I'm just over 11 weeks post - will be exactly 12 weeks on this coming Sunday. I may or may not relax, still undecided.
Aggie, oh Aggie, my NG stands for "Neva (a)Gain! I feel I can't do it sometimes. Wash days are hard. The tangles! But I am learning to treat my hair as silk whether wet or dry.

Aggie

I use SE Mega Cholesterol Conditoning afterwards. Is that too much protein? I also use Aussie Moist along with it to give my hair some slip since my hair is hard after the treatments and Aussie gives my hair the most softness out of all condish products I've tried so far. The Mega Cholesterol really does leave my hair soft but I also like adding the Aussie for extra softness. I use HE LTR to moisturize and jojoa oil to seal. I have tried these two when my hair was wet but my hair likes the combo better after is dries. I clarified or used the ORS Creamy Aloe last week right before my egg mixture/treatment. I used the ACV today after I DC and I could realllly tell the difference in how soft my hair was. But that was wet and when it dried it felt uggh.

Another note, I think I do have hard water where I live. That may also have something to do with it as well.

Yup, I was gonna get to that eventually. I noticed a tremendous difference in my hair when I got my shower filter installed. I live in the Bahamas which is hard water kingdom and had to do something and quickly before I lost all my hair. I use the Sprite HOC which has a 99% efficacy. I have a little review on it in my fotki's product album.

tgrowe

Yup, I was gonna get to that eventually. I noticed a tremendous difference in my hair when I got my shower filter installed. I live in the Bahamas which is hard water kingdom and had to do something and quickly before I lost all my hair. I use the Sprite HOC which has a 99% efficacy. I have a little review on it in my fotki's product album.
So it really helped you? Where can I get it?

Aggie

Aggie, oh Aggie, my NG stands for "Neva (a)Gain! I feel I can't do it sometimes. Wash days are hard. The tangles! But I am learning to treat my hair as silk whether wet or dry.

Me too, but I'm about to have synthetic extension braids installed and really didn't want to relax first, bt I'm still undecided about it. My natural hair is kinda cute and I think it would look better and last longer if I left it un-relaxed:perplexed.

tgrowe

Me too, but I'm about to have synthetic extension braids installed and really didn't want to relax first, bt I'm still undecided about it. My natural hair is kinda cute and I think it would look better and last longer if I left it un-relaxed:perplexed.

Your extension braids or your natural hair? I was hoping to get braids this weekend but it didn't work out. I need to do something or I will go postal on NG!:lachen:

Aggie

[/b]
Your extension braids or your natural hair? I was hoping to get braids this weekend but it didn't work out. I need to do something or I will go postal on NG!:lachen:
No, I think my natural hair would look better unrelaxed for the extension braids.

Sugarhoneyicetea

Just checking in. Yesterday when I washed I sat under my heating cap for 15 minutes with Motions CPR. I used to use it all the time when relaxed but stopped now that I'm natural because I didn't like how hard it left my hair. I would usually just put a plastic cap on my head and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour but this time around sat under my heating cap and noticed a huge difference. My hair felt very conditioned and soft and my curls were nicely loosened. I'm so glad I found this challenge because I was not consistent with protein so now I am determined to add it to my weekly co-washes.

IndianAngel22

Just checking in. Yesterday when I washed I sat under my heating cap for 15 minutes with Motions CPR. I used to use it all the time when relaxed but stopped now that I'm natural because I didn't like how hard it left my hair. I would usually just put a plastic cap on my head and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour but this time around sat under my heating cap and noticed a huge difference. My hair felt very conditioned and soft and my curls were nicely loosened. I'm so glad I found this challenge because I was not consistent with protein so now I am determined to add it to my weekly co-washes.

I used CPR last time also just to use up what I had left, I added a little oil and it felt great, but I kindof want to try something else. I hate washing all of the twigs out of my hair

Amerie123

i don't know if any one has mentioned this, but i was thinking if i'm not mistaken, can ORS Mayo, and ORS replenishing pack also go on your list of protein conditioners??

Iluvsmuhgrass

I bought Sally's GVP Joico-k pak and Redken anti-snap and I am soooo happy!!! :love: These two are definitely going to be staples. They cut down on my breakage. I'm 4-5 weeks post.

Muse

I have the whole set and they really are as good as everyone says. I especially love the daily moisturizer - it leaves my hair feeling like butter:yep:. The conditioner leaves a nice tingle on my scalp and works great at both softening and strengthening my fine strands. HTH!

Hey Muse,

Thanks Aggie and Tgrowe! I ordered a bottle and I hope it works for me. I want to use this on reconstructor day and use my Lacio Lacio on days when I am using moisture only products because Lacio has protein too.

BillsBackerz67

Oky Im going to take the frugal route and buy the GVP Joico and see how that works out for my hair. I dont have major breakage issues (just some here and there) so I hope this works out :yep:

Aggie

i don't know if any one has mentioned this, but i was thinking if i'm not mistaken, can ORS Mayo, and ORS replenishing pack also go on your list of protein conditioners??

They are extremely mild in protein content but they are also moisturizing as well. If your hair needs something a little stronger, then get one of the other moderate strength ones mentioned in this thread, like Nexxus emergencee or Duo Tex, etc.

Patricia

I am joining this not for myself but for my middle daughter. She has fine, dry, that has been breaking recently. After speaking with Nice & Wavy whose hair is similar, I changed up her regi to include protein treatments. I did one yesterday with MT for about 10-15 minutes then followed up with the hairveda dc under the steamer for 20 minutes. I haven't decided how often just yet but I am thinking at least every other week. I will be starting an album today when I get home to track her progress. Thanks for inviting me Patricia. Q
Sounds good! This will help you track her progess and you can come in weekly and rate how her hair is feeling. I'll add your/her name:yep:.

Patricia

HAIR CHECK FOR THE WEEK
UNBELIEVABLE, I WANT TO CRY! ITS BEEN 8 DAYS SINCE I WASHED MY HAIR CAUSE I BEEN SO BUSY AND LOOK WHAT I DID. WASHED WITH GVP AMINO POO(FIRST TIME USING) YAWL KNOW I LOVE MY GARNIER BUT I WANTED TO TRY MY NEW SHAMPOO:cry3:AND WHY OH WHY DID I GET MY TRADER JOE NORISH SPA TO HELP DETANGLE:wallbash:. MY HAIR WAS LITERALLY COMING OUT OF MY SCALP DOWN THE DRAIN. I HAVENT SEEN THIS IN A LONGGGG TIME. :cry3:ANYWAY I SPRAYED MY HAIR WITH DUOTEX AND WAITED 10 MIN. RINSED AND MY HAIR. IT WAS STILL COMING OUT AND WEAK. I HAD TO GO AND GET MY 911 LEAVE IN AND SATURATE MY HAIR WITH IT OVER THE SINK AND RINSE. I HAVENT USED THAT TECHNIQUE IN A LONG TIME BUT WOW IT WORKED. MY HAIR WAS BACK TO NORMAL FEELING STRONG AGAIN. :clapping: . I AM NOW SITTING AT THE COMPUTER WITH MY MAIN AND TAIL MIXED WITH MY OPTIMUM RECONSTRUCTOR IN MY HAIR AND HAPPY ALL OVER AGAIN. I WILL RATE MY HAIR AFTER I RINSE IT OUT. I WILL NEVER EVER, EVER USE A MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO OR A MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER TO DETANGLE MY HAIR:wallbash: AGAIN. I'M JUST HOPING I STILL HAVE HAIR LEFT ON MY HEAD. I'M STICKING TO MY ORIGINAL SHAMPOO AND THATS IT! WHAT A LESSON TO LEARN.

Status
Not open for further replies.