PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreagins

hey yall!

I finally got some duotex!!! im going to use it tommorow and let you guys know how i like it! i still like the roux mendex stuff but those little bottles are a pain for now. i'll order a bigger one in the near future but until then... any suggestions on duotex application? how long to leave it on? i have some *wet* breakage but its not out of control...

Kellum

I haven't checked in a while:

I'm still DCing weekly with MT and Keraphix mixed with my moisturizing conditioners. I don't break it up into a 2 step process anymore because this is a lot easier and less time consuming.

Monthly I'm still doing my Emergence treatments and a week after a touch up.

My hair is doing great.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I've been keeping up with my protein treatments (Jherri Redding or egg) just not posting in the thread each time I do one. I have grown to love them and the way they make my hair feel, thick and heavy. There is no other product that makes my hair feel this way. I do one every other week. Don't know how I ever lived without them.

Aggie

I did a mild protein pre-poo treatment for 30 minutes this morning with CON Reconstructing Conditioner without heat followed by a quick ayurveda rinse and DC'ed with Aussie Moist Conditioner. I didn't use any shampoo today.

Lenee925

Hey there sweetie,
I am self relaxing on Friday(doing a corrective/going bone straight) and getting a dusting Saturday at the Regis salon in Wolfchase Galleria mall. How's your hair love?
xoxo,
tishee

Doing good. I am about 6 months post LOL!! Try to tame that new growth and may hair is breaking off at the line of demarcation but getting some good growth and nice coils.

Patricia

Hey ladies I'm so proud and happy for all your success! This challenge has made a world of difference for so many on this board and especially myself. I get so many pm's of ladies thanking me for sharing my experience. This really let me know that a lot of us didn't have a clue until they tried. I love all you ladies and thank you for sharing and keeping us all encouraged on this hair journey. Its been 8 months on the challenge and I'm thinking we need close this challenge. This thread has and will always be helpful to all that searches for protein issues. I want to close this challenge so I can participate fully on joining other challenges, and support others out their that need help! Tell me what you think?

SherylsTresses

I want to do an egg prepoo this weekend and follow-up with a conditioner wash, instead of a shampoo. I'm trying to avoid shampooing until I clarify which is once every 6 weeks.

Would you recommend this? Or should I just go ahead and use a shampoo instead.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I want to do an egg prepoo this weekend and follow-up with a conditioner wash, instead of a shampoo. I'm trying to avoid shampooing until I clarify which is once every 6 weeks.

Would you recommend this? Or should I just go ahead and use a shampoo instead.

I think it's fine. I do it all of the time.

I have Roots of Nature Green Tea Shea Butter Deep Reconstructing Treatment in my hair. I will be getting under the steamer in about 30 minutes for 1 hour.

Aggie

I am hendigo'ing right now as I type this post. I am using karishma henna and indigo by mehandi that IDareT'sHair bought me - thanks Terri:bighug:.

I will be washing it out after about 2 hours and cowashing with v05 free Me Freesia Conditioner. DCing overnight with Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioners. So far I have about 45 more minutes to go. It's gonna be a late night for me tonight I feel.

Patricia

Hey ladies I'm so proud and happy for all your success! This challenge has made a world of difference for so many on this board and especially myself. I get so many pm's of ladies thanking me for sharing my experience. This really let me know that a lot of us didn't have a clue until they tried. I love all you ladies and thank you for sharing and keeping us all encouraged on this hair journey. Its been 8 months on the challenge and I'm thinking we need close this challenge. This thread has and will always be helpful to all that searches for protein issues. I want to close this challenge so I can participate fully on joining other challenges, and support others out their that need help! Tell me what you think?
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

darlingdiva

A "PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND 2" CHALLENGE would be great.

Patricia, I'm sure you remember how "terrified" I was to use any sort of protein after all of the horror stories that I heard. I can say with absolute certainty that my consistent protein usage is the reason that my hair doesn't break all over the place like it used to.

Everytime someone bumps up the thread that you made about how all you needed was protein, I feel compelled to read the entire thread b/c it's my story too.

Patricia

Thanks darlingdiva! Hopefully someone will feel inspired to start another challenge similiar or continue this one with a part 2. Ok ladies who will it be! I'm ready to join!

Status
Not open for further replies.