• Strech until your hair goes back to normal

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Girl, I'm just gonna pray for you.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luscious Locks

I was just about to ask this!!!
My hair is a mess. I dn't mean to jack your thread but I have a question...
I have the same protein issue (even considered a relaxer since I'm 7 weeks post+last relaxer was underprocessed). I did a DC last night with ORS but it's still hard...Is it ok for me to co wash agin tonight?

Don't worry, sweetie. All those suffering from the effects of too much protein are welcome to jump on the thread as well.

2themax

I'm relaxed for 4 weeks now. I had protein overload and my hair was so hard and tangled that I couldn't even get a comb through it. It didn't have any moisure at all and was constantly breaking off.

I got it relaxed and my stylist added protein to both the neutralizer and then she DC'd it with CO and Protein. My hair still looks and feels the same way it did when it was originally relaxed. It hardly breaks or sheds at all but I think that's because it's easier to get the comb through without breaking it.:yep:

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Ok....I just slapped on some Pantene r&n con mixed with evoo. I'm going to dc overnight...I plan on clarifying tomorrow and using the AO hsr conditioner.

Btw..I'm in this mess because I dc with AO gpb weekly. That was fine until I started using oils to moisturize :nono: (incorrectly). All the while blocking out the moisture I needed. Long story short, i used the GPB when I desperately needed moisture. :wallbash:

xcuzememiss

Girl dont be crazy!!!!! Step away from the relaxer!!!!!! i repeat Get AWAY!!! you better OD on some moisture. I suggest you get the olive oil, honey, saran wrap, and steamer and go to work!!!!

msa

correct. I feel like my hair won't soften up no matter how much I co wash it. It feels soft when I put conditioner on it, but then it dries sooooo crunchy and coarse.

It seems like you have protein overload and a porosity issue. If your hair won't keep moisture, until you fix your porosity it'll just keep happening. I think you should research porosity and see how it can be contributing to the problem.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
If you're suffering from protein overload, co washing won't cut it. Dc under a dryer or overnight with moisturizing dc's 2-3 times a week until your moisture game is back on track. Also look into using Porosity Control condish as a final step in your wash day regimen :)

LaidBak

If you're suffering from protein overload, co washing won't cut it. Dc under a dryer or overnight with moisturizing dc's 2-3 times a week until your moisture game is back on track. Also look into using Porosity Control condish as a final step in your wash day regimen :)

:yep: Co-signing

Desarae

It seems like you have protein overload and a porosity issue. If your hair won't keep moisture, until you fix your porosity it'll just keep happening. I think you should research porosity and see how it can be contributing to the problem.

I agree. Try the Porosity Control and then lots of moisture.

C@ssandr@

I feel like crying. My hair is a mess....I guess i did too much.
After dc'ing overnite with con and evoo, I clarified and conditioned with ao hsr. I should not have washed and conditioned again because my hair felt great before using my cheapie (vo5) shampoo.
It feels like a protein deficiency now :(
i've decided to put some of my leave in on my hair, make six buns and sit under the dryer. I'm not messing with my hair for another few days.
What else am I to do?

LaidBak

I do not understand the thought process behind clarifying AFTER a DC. I tried clarifying twice and ended up with nasty straw on my head each time. (I used V05). I'll never do it again.
Keya just repeat what you did minus the V05.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Well, since everything else has failed, use natural products. Try using baking soda and water to clean your hair. I actually use baking soda and honey in my conditioner and conditioner wash with it. When that is done, I use ORS aloe poo and use the ORS mayo with some honey in it. I use the shower cap on my head with no heat. I leave it on for 2 hours and rinse out. After that, I make sure I use a leave in conditioner after. Please do not relax if your hair is having "issues". A relaxer may not fix the problem. How long do you stretch your relaxer? Are you having breakage issues? I hope my post helps you.

msa

I do not understand the thought process behind clarifying AFTER a DC. I tried clarifying twice and ended up with nasty straw on my head each time. (I used V05). I'll never do it again.
Keya just repeat what you did minus the V05.

Yeah it doesn't make sense. If you're going to clarify, then just do that first. Then condition and everything else. It's just a waste of a DC to do it first and then strip all the moisture away by clarifying.

I thought the answer to protein overload was neutralizing shampoo

Um no. Neutralizing shampoo stops the relaxer from continuing to break down the hair chemically. They don't correct protein overload.

The steps for correcting protein overload vary from person to person, but generally it requires steady moisture and gentle handling (to avoid breakage).

Well, since everything else has failed, use natural products.

I don't think it's about the products, per se. I think that until she fixes the root issue, it's almost not going to matter which specific products are used.

OP you definitely need moisture but I think you need to figure out if you have a porosity issue as well. And everyone's right, a relaxer will only make the problem worse.

hothair

Step away from the relaxer! Do not do any chemical process on damaged hair (that's asking for melted hair). I would suggest you clarify and do 2-3 times a week moisture only (Nexxus Humectress, Elasta DPR) DC for about 2 weeks and take it from there...

ETA: I see you've already clarified just do moisture only DCs for at least 2 weeks you'll be fine :yep:

newflowers

Cowashes, deep conditioning, and porosity control - step away from the relaxer. I'm one who thinks that Phyto is the best relaxer ever; however, relaxing your hair when it's not in top shape could prove to be disastrous regardless of what relaxer you use. The steam treatment is an excellent idea.

Luscious Locks

Sorry to be MIA for so long. I went to my brothers graduation yesterday so it was a huge family day. I did the kiya fizzle for 10 minutes and then deep conditioned for an hour and fifteen minutes.

My hair is better, but now world's better. I used VO5 for the fizzle and Kenra for the dc. my hair felt soft while wet but dried a bit crunchy. I think my hair may be permanently damaged. :(

Luscious Locks

Cowashes, deep conditioning, and porosity control - step away from the relaxer. I'm one who thinks that Phyto is the best relaxer ever; however, relaxing your hair when it's not in top shape could prove to be disastrous regardless of what relaxer you use. The steam treatment is an excellent idea.

Thanks newflowers. I look to you as my phyto guru. I should have listened to you on the phytojoba because phytokarite jacked my hair up!!!

Luscious Locks

I don't think it's about the products, per se. I think that until she fixes the root issue, it's almost not going to matter which specific products are used.

OP you definitely need moisture but I think you need to figure out if you have a porosity issue as well. And everyone's right, a relaxer will only make the problem worse.
True to the bolded, and I will not relax until my hair feels right. I love playing in my new growth anyway.

Step away from the relaxer! Do not do any chemical process on damaged hair (that's asking for melted hair). I would suggest you clarify and do 2-3 times a week moisture only (Nexxus Humectress, Elasta DPR) DC for about 2 weeks and take it from there...

ETA: I see you've already clarified just do moisture only DCs for at least 2 weeks you'll be fine :yep:

Got it

Girl dont be crazy!!!!! Step away from the relaxer!!!!!! i repeat Get AWAY!!! you better OD on some moisture. I suggest you get the olive oil, honey, saran wrap, and steamer and go to work!!!!

Never made my own mix of conditioner before, but i'm willing to try anything.

Will Nexxus Ensure conditioner work too?? it has a ph of 3.

LaidBak

Sorry to be MIA for so long. I went to my brothers graduation yesterday so it was a huge family day. I did the kiya fizzle for 10 minutes and then deep conditioned for an hour and fifteen minutes.

My hair is better, but now world's better. I used VO5 for the fizzle and Kenra for the dc. my hair felt soft while wet but dried a bit crunchy. I think my hair may be permanently damaged. :(

No, no dear, do not think that. Like I said, I've been there multiple times and it takes a while to recover. Keep doing what you did and be patient. Kenra is an excellent choice. I am recovering from PO right now. I used Kenra today for my DC (30 mins). We will recover together, yes?

Luscious Locks

No, no dear, do not think that. Like I said, I've been there multiple times and it takes a while to recover. Keep doing what you did and be patient. Kenra is an excellent choice. I am recovering from PO right now. I used Kenra today for my DC (30 mins). We will recover together, yes?

Yes. I'm just panicking. :nono:I'm going to moisturize moisturize moisturise for the next two weeks until relaxer time. If I'm not okay by then I'll just hold off on the relaxer. I'm really rethinking my hair journey right now. I'm loving my new growth curls and although my hair feels like crap, it's not acutally breaking off which is a miracle. I feel like if I get a relaxer the breakage might return. :ohwell:

Vinillablue

for Crying out loud!!!!!......in two weeks TEXLAX you hair with Just for me kiddie Perm and add some alma oil for at least a month do 4,000 mg of Biotin and Hair and nails shake 1x or 2x a day and you will get great results in a month!!!...that is a cure....get some WEN and just do your hair with that for 2 months you be back and shape!!!!...and baking soda rinse would help in 1 month!!!!!.....that will get you there....YOU CAN DO IT WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE!!!!!
HUGS!!!!

LaidBak

Lucious, where ya at? I'm DCing again today. I expect to be back to normal but we'll see once I rinse. Have you DC'd again since the last time?

C@ssandr@

I dc'd overnight with a mix of Ao Hsr, honey and evoo. My hair is starting to feel better. It seems that my new growth is still slightly crunchy while my relaxed hair is getting softer faster.
The reason I clarified after dc'ing the other day is because I thought that oils are supposed to be washed out of the hair....not just rinsed. Now i know better.