Protein Overload?

Iansan

I'm on a personal no trim challenge. I haven't had a trim since April 2005. I typically get a wash and set and roots blown out every week. I've noticed that at times my ends tend to get frizzy and dry about three days into the blowout. When this happens I usually give myself an Nexxus Emergencee treatment, get the blowout and my ends look fine for the next couple of weeks. Do you think it would be okay to use Emergencee every other week? I also use BBD Growth Stretch Creme and Neutrogena Shine Serum for my rollersets. Does this sound like potential protein overload?

Isis

You would know if you are using too much protein by the way your hair feels (and looks). If it feels crunchy or hard, perhaps breaking, then you know to cut back on the protein.

Also, I've learned on this board the importance of using a good moisturizing conditioner after using a protein treatment.

Chinagem

I don't know the condition of your hair but when my hair was damaged, my stylist told me to use emergencee once a week for six weeks to put my hair in better condition. This did not harm my hair at all. I don't know how it would affect you though because u haven't stated that your hair was damaged as was mine.

macherieamour

Hmm My stylist told me the exact opposite. She said I was doing too much protein and my hair was beaking off. She told me to just use a heavy moisturizing conditioner from now on. Since then, my hair has been softer and shinier