Protein overload

mahogany_horizons

My My Mercy..

My mistake. Was too heavy handed with apoghee green tea restructurizer. Left it on my hair for about 3 days...didn't realize it had made my hair so hard. Surprise of my life when I rinsed it out.

My hair was mushy, so I corrected that problem, but now I've gone too far the other way.

I have been deep conditioning twice a week, since this happened on Thursday, and my hair feels better, but it still is not "right" yet.

I've been doing some reading about relaxers breaking down extra protein. I also want to relax, so I don't want to go too far the other way.

My mom can relax me this Saturday. Wondering if I should go for it, or wait until next Saturday.

I've come out of similar funky hair issues before by relaxing. My hair is feeling better with the deep conditioning treatments, and I am getting alarmed at the amount of hair that I'm seeing in my comb.

I want to mitigate the damage. And I suppose I want a quick fix. What to do....

My hair feels almost normal in some parts, but in other parts, it feels hard and tangly...

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
You shouldn't relax until you fix that problem. That relaxer app may be the one that involuntarily gives you a big chop.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
mahogany_horizons, in my experience, relaxers break the protein bonds, thus correcting protein overload. You and/or others may have a different experience.

Last edited:

mahogany_horizons

divachyk, thanks for caring about my problem. But guess what, I broke the protein overload. I just saturated my hair in oil! Rubbed it in really good. Then saturated my hair in silk elements cholesterol. Brought my hair right out of that dreaded protein overload I have been suffering for 2 weeks. The hair is soft enough to relax on Saturday, but not too mushy.