Protein Queens: Challenge

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Hi Protein Queens!
I'm about to get under my hooded dryer for my weekly DC . This week the protein originates from the extra helping of EVOO I saturated my strands with OVER my ORS Ghee Butter DC (It's actually their co-wash that doubles as a DC)
Last weeks Hask protein (hydrolyzed keratin) DC left my hair a little dry 3 days after wash day & I had to cowash on day 4 to regain a bit of moisture. DC's are a hit or miss....the Hask stuff was a miss for me.

Is Hask Protein a hard protein? If it is, you must use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards in order to balance the hair.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I did the strand pull test while my hair was wet after I finished dcing with the CNPF underneath Joico Moisture Recovery Balm (which I adore and I just ran out :( ). My hair didn't stretch too much as I've noticed in the past.

I pulled and it just broke clean from tension, but I don't think it broke too fast. When I rinsed the CNPF and Joico out, my hair felt very soft and fluffy, so I think my hair is pretty balanced at this time.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
My hair feels so different with Olaplex. I can't really describe it.
I am going to experiment more before I recommend.

I also bought Dudley's DRC 28 for the first time. Heard about it for years, but never tried it.

I want to compare it to NPR. I hope it's worth the $$$$.

I just purchased Olaplex to see what the hype is all about. I hope it is worth the money too.

Last edited:

Aggie

I'm giving myself a henna and indigo treatment today so I won't be using anything with protein today since henna is already strengthening to the hair.
Okay my DC of choice to use after my hendigo treatment is Naturelle Grow Rose Clay DC. That DC smells so good :lick:. I sure hope my hair likes it. I'm about to wash out my indigo color in about 5 minutes or so.

PJaye

Since I needed a kick of protein and wanted to compare two different DCs, I decided to use the APB Bamboo & Algae Strengthening Mask on the right side and APB Keratin Treatment on the left. Both products have the same consistency and offered great slip; I was able to detangle easily within minutes after application. I let it all sit for a couple of hours and when I rinsed t’weren’t nairn strength to be had. My hair was silky soft, highly moisturized and emollient. There’s some kind of unicorn-y wizardry going on in these DCs.:lol: Still, I think these products would be good for someone who is protein sensitive, or who desires a kick of protein that won’t kick back. Given the unexpected results, I’m going to have to try again early next week.

Aggie

Since I needed a kick of protein and wanted to compare two different DCs, I decided to use the APB Bamboo & Algae Strengthening Mask on the right side and APB Keratin Treatment on the left. Both products have the same consistency and offered great slip; I was able to detangle easily within minutes after application. I let it all sit for a couple of hours and when I rinsed t’weren’t nairn strength to be had. My hair was silky soft, highly moisturized and emollient. There’s some kind of unicorn-y wizardry going on in these DCs.:lol: Still, I think these products would be good for someone who is protein sensitive, or who desires a kick of protein that won’t kick back. Given the unexpected results, I’m going to have to try again early next week.
Nice review @PJaye. Update us next week with your findings.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@PJaye
Agree w/ @Aggie Please come back & update. I was interested in the Keratin one (for a skronger Protein).

Right now for me re: Handmade's nothing can touch HV's Methi Step1, Claudie's and/or Sarenzo's Quinoa Protein DC'er. Those are my "go-to's" from the Handmade's for super strength or what I consider Heavier Protein Rx's (for my hair).