Protein Queens: Challenge

Aggie

Aggie

Dudley's DRC 28 kicked NPF's butt.

It's way more concentrated. I sprayed it on my hair and my hair waved/curled up from root to end.

My hair adores protein and there is no protein treatment too strong for it. I left it on for about 30 minutes with body heat.

I then deep conditioned with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and applied Olaplex for about 3 hours or so.

I am currently wearing cornrows under wigs for 2 weeks at a time. After this set, I'm going to give my final thoughts on Olaplex.

I have both and I have to agree with @ bolded :yep:.

Aggie

I have the Pomegranate and Pear also but have not tried it yet. I have been using the Restore and Repair mask, it is very balancing for my hair. It dries softly and upon rinsing, my hair feels soft yet strong. I don't think I used heat either, just body heat.
I may try it with heat next time but SSI conditioners usually work well for me with just body heat.
+1 Agreed

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hi queens!
I think I am going to use APB's Not Easily Broken with Colorful Neutral Protein filler underneath. I will continue this until I use it up.
My remaining jar I will use as a rinse out after cowashes.
I used it underneath the Colorful since I ran out of the Joico. It seems to be so moisturizing that it cancels out the Colorful a bit. Are you not gonna purchase it after this?

NaturallyATLPCH

I used it underneath the Colorful since I ran out of the Joico. It seems to be so moisturizing that it cancels out the Colorful a bit. Are you not gonna purchase it after this?
Nah I am not going to repurchase. I did add a bit of Colorful to a Refresher Spray and have been getting pretty good results. I just spray a little on after I cowash and before I twist my hair underneath the Marula Hemp Hair Cream.
The SSI Restore and Repair mask is BAE right now.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Nah I am not going to repurchase. I did add a bit of Colorful to a Refresher Spray and have been getting pretty good results. I just spray a little on after I cowash and before I twist my hair underneath the Marula Hemp Hair Cream.
The SSI Restore and Repair mask is BAE right now.
Your hair needs a slightly more protein to be balanced. Moisturizing conditioners with no protein in them are almost pointless (unless you're doing like Aphogee 2 Step or something). I've been getting good results from the Cupuacu Avocado with hydrolyzed keratin. Seems like it makes the moisturizing properties of the conditioner even better. It's good to know what works and keep it simple.

NaturallyATLPCH

Your hair needs a slightly more protein to be balanced. Moisturizing conditioners with no protein in them are almost pointless (unless you're doing like Aphogee 2 Step or something). I've been getting good results from the Cupuacu Avocado with hydrolyzed keratin. Seems like it makes the moisturizing properties of the conditioner even better. It's good to know what works and keep it simple.
I totally agree!

Summerof93

Hair (type, length, porosity, density)
4a armpit length, medium to high density, normal, high on the ends of hair.
What kind of proteins will you be using? hard protein and maybe a reconstructor
What products containing protein will you be using? ion protein treatment and ion reconstructor, I might try aphogee.
How often will you use it? once a month or every two month depending on how my hair feels.
If you currently have a protein rich regimen, how do you feel it has benefitted you?

Less breakage, hair hold on to moisture better and longer.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I forgot to post about last weeks mishap:

I used Olaplex for the first time. I just thought I knew what I was doing, so I didn’t read the directions thoroughly.

You are supposed to use Olaplex on unwashed hair, I used it on freshly clarified hair…

It left my hair hard and tangled. I made it worse by using Obia Babassu DC, thinking it would add moisture…lies. It has taken me a week to add moisture to my hair.

My hair is still strong, so Olaplex did serve its purpose. If you follow the directions, you should be able to use the product weekly. If you make the mistake I did, which I plan to do again, I would use the product monthly.

I think the other major mistake I made was not washing my hair in braids. I will not make that mistake again.

Nichelle_jb

I used Shi-Naturals Peppermint Deep Conditioner. It is considered a "Balanced" Conditioner providing both moisture & protein. The ingredients are: Distilled water, btms, natural peppermint oil, almond oil, castor oil, hydrolized protein, silk protein

Aggie

I forgot to post about last weeks mishap:

I used Olaplex for the first time. I just thought I knew what I was doing, so I didn’t read the directions thoroughly.

You are supposed to use Olaplex on unwashed hair, I used it on freshly clarified hair…

It left my hair hard and tangled. I made it worse by using Obia Babassu DC, thinking it would add moisture…lies. It has taken me a week to add moisture to my hair.

My hair is still strong, so Olaplex did serve its purpose. If you follow the directions, you should be able to use the product weekly. If you make the mistake I did, which I plan to do again, I would use the product monthly.

I think the other major mistake I made was not washing my hair in braids. I will not make that mistake again.
I read all those instructions prior to even thinking about buying Olaplex. I had to be sure it's what I want before taking the plunge since that stuff is NOT cheap :nono:.

keranikki

I read all those instructions prior to even thinking about buying Olaplex. I had to be sure it's what I want before taking the plunge since that stuff is NOT cheap :nono:.

It is not cheap, but so many people raved about, my PJism got the best of me. I'm not saying the product is bad. It's great, but there are some repercussions if you use it improperly. I think the repercussion I had worked out in the end. I did not lose any hair, I just had a tough time adding moisture back. I should not have used two new products (Olaplex and Obia). I should have used a tried and true moisturizing DC after. Once I did that a day later, my hair felt better. This weekend I plan to cowash and steam my hair, which should bring me to my preferred optimum moisture level.

Using this product once a month versus weekly assists with the cost effectiveness. I will finish the bottle. If my hair doesn't feel miraculous after multiple uses, I will go to back Aphogee 2-step.

Aggie

It is not cheap, but so many people raved about, my PJism got the best of me. I'm not saying the product is bad. It's great, but there are some repercussions if you use it improperly. I think the repercussion I had worked out in the end. I did not lose any hair, I just had a tough time adding moisture back. I should not have used two new products (Olaplex and Obia). I should have used a tried and true moisturizing DC after. Once I did that a day later, my hair felt better. This weekend I plan to cowash and steam my hair, which should bring me to my preferred optimum moisture level.

Using this product once a month versus weekly assists with the cost effectiveness. I will finish the bottle. If my hair doesn't feel miraculous after multiple uses, I will go to back Aphogee 2-step.
You do know that Olaplex is not a conditioner or a treatment right? It just connects the bonds of the cuticles broken by chemicals. The Olaplex company made it very clear to always give your hair a treatment after using Olaplex, whether it's for moisture or strength. It does and will not replace any of your treatments, it simply enhances them.

keranikki

@keranikki
If I buy it, I was just going to buy/use #3 as well.

Thanks Girl.:hug2:

ETA: How many treatments do you think you can get with 3.3 oz's?

My hair is SL, so I think I can get 2-3 more uses out that bottle, for a total of 3-4 treatments per bottle. I think I used roughly 3/4 of an ounce of product for my length.

I want to finish the bottle to see if there is a noticeable difference between the results from Olaplex and Aphogee 2-step.

Aggie

@Aggie
Are you just buying #3 or are you buying/using the entire system?

@keranikki
Which one are you using? Or are you using the whole system?

If I buy it, I was just going to get #3.
I intend to buy and use the entire system. I have demi color breakage so I will need all of it. Plus I'm texlaxing my hair every 4-6 months. I will purchase maybe 6 of the #3 in the beginning and get the other 6 a couple months later.

CoilyArielBrowe

This week my hair felt dry so I used Alikay Honey and Sage DC which does have some protein ( silk amino acids) in it. However, its a more moisturizing DC. My hair feels much more balanced now, I used Soultanicals Master Hair Cleanse and I think it dried out my hair . I intend to continue to use a light protein DC but if I use the Soultanicals I'll use a moisturizing DC.