Protein Queens: Challenge

imaginary

I did a Dudley's treatment after an overnight henna, which sounds crazy I know but after a quick rinse out conditioner my hair was still soft again and I knew I needed the strength because I was going to be blowdrying it. My hair has been in my signature bun, which I know I need to move around but my hair isn't even all over enough for that. So for added protection when moisturising my bun with aphogee provitamin, I added a bit of Neutral protein filler to the last of my Giovanni direct leave-in.

LushLox

I think I'm going to stump up the cost for Dudley's DRC, it sounds like such a good treatment. Whooo it's expensive though! :eek:

LavenderMint

Brists with the last of my Cantu Leave-In cream mixed with ApHogee ProV leave in. I have a love hate with the ApHogee leave-in. I don’t like wet leave-in’s in general. But mixed with a cream it’s fine.

Aggie

This morning is a busy hair day for me:

-Coffee rinsed
-Shampooed with Mairobi Detoxing Shampoo and Keracare Moisturizing and Detangling Shampoo
-Color with Adore Color Plus for graying hair
-Tea rinsing with a blend of HOPS, Horsetail, Rosemary and Sage under my deep conditioner
-Deep Conditioning with Dominican Magic Nourishing Conditioner for Strength followed with a blend of NG Rose Clay Moisturizing DC and APB Ultra Nourish DC
-Leave-in with Follicle Care CayenaWood Leave-in treatment
-Bunning for the day
-Later moisturizing with SSI Marshmallow Hair Cream and sealing with my Shea Butter blend

Aggie

Didn't feel like washing my hair so I just moisturised and mixed some NPF in
Oooh, lemme go add some of this to my protein DC since I haven't gotten to that step as yet :yep:

ETA:

I threw in a couple tablespoons of Dudley's DRC Protein Treatment while I was at it since I haven't used this one in a while. This way it's watered down but mixed in with some other nourishing conditioners to give my hair the strength it needs for now.

Last edited:

CoilyArielBrowe

I've been noticing a few broken pieces. I've been navigating growing out heat damage for the last year , so I think it's partly from that. I also wore a twist out for half of the week and that always leaves my hair exposed. Two weeks ago I used Apoghee Step 1, so I didn't want to use a strong protein again. Today I'm comparing two conditioners. SSI Okra Reconstructing Conditioner, and Mielle Organics Babassu Oil & Mint Deep Conditioner. I just put them on the wrong sides of my head :rolleyes:.

Aggie

I currently have henna on my hair and will be doing the 2 step henna-indigo treatment today since I have time. Church came out shortly after 10 so I thought I'd spend the rest of the day hendigoing my hair since it's a long process anyway.

discodumpling

Today's protein treatment was GLISS by Schwarzkopfs Ultra Moisturizing liquid keratin. Not sure where it falls in the spectrum of light medium or hard proteins but this is my second week using it. My hair likes it enough to finish the jar; and I like it enough to explore the other treatments in the line.

Aggie

I used Komaza care protein treatment under dryer for 30 minutes.
I think I have this protein treatment somewhere in my stash but I haven't tried it as yet. Maybe I should pull that one out for my next protein deep conditioning session. How does your respond to it @Nichelle_jb? Would you say it is a mild, medium or strong treatment?

Nichelle_jb

@Aggie,
This is probably a medium to hard protein treatment. The seller/maker says that you can use the treatment every 2 to 4 weeks, if necessary. Excellent ingredients. It's not cheap ($15 for 8 oz). I don't like the smell but I can tell the difference in my hair (stronger and softer) after using it.

Aggie

@Aggie,
This is probably a medium to hard protein treatment. The seller/maker says that you can use the treatment every 2 to 4 weeks, if necessary. Excellent ingredients. It's not cheap ($15 for 8 oz). I don't like the smell but I can tell the difference in my hair (stronger and softer) after using it.
Okay great. Thank you for the quick response.

Aggie

I think I will finally pull out my Komaza Care protein treatment this weekend since I've had it a while and need to use it up.
Tomorrow I will be:

-Shampooing with Hairveda Deep Cleansing Shampoo
-Protein Deep Conditioning with Hairveda Step 1 Methi Sativa Tea Deep Protein Masque
-Moisturizing DC with Hairveda Step 2 Methi Sativa Tea Moisture Conditioning Milk
-Leave-in with Komaza Care Aloe My Hair Leave-in Conditioner

-Later I will be moisturizing and sealing with SCurl Curl Activator Moisturizer and my DIY Shea Butter Blend.

-Regarding the above post - I thought I still had Komaza Care Protein Conditioner but turned out that I used it all already :blush:

Last edited:

discodumpling

Happy Mothers Day Protein Queens! This weeks shot of protein is again compliments of Schwarzkopf and again at $6.50 and with the strength of Walgreen's ongoing BOGO 50% offer, I feel confident trying these items. So far so good.
GLISS: Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask boasts, 3X Liquid Keratin and is for "heavily damaged" hair. It claims to make your hair "90% stronger and provide deep reconstruction of the hair structure with keratin." We gon see! I liked the Ultimate Moisture and plan to repurchase unless this one knocks my socks off!
GLISS Ultimate Repair Express Repair Conditioner Leave in offers instantly combable hair and extreme damage repair. Lets see if it pairs well with my curl activator and Eco!

imaginary

Did a Dudley drc-28 Rx yesterday. Hair definitely didn't feel as soft as it did the first few treatments, which I'm taking as a good sign that my hair is getting back the strength it needs. I also did it in preparation for the braids I'll be installing soon. After deep conditioning my hair felt much better. Am pleased.

Last edited:

CoilyArielBrowe

Last week I used ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I left in on overnight and I think that was to much for my hair. It was dryer than I'd like while I was styling it. So this week I'm switching to a more moisturizing conditioner and using Alikay Honey and Sage with Hemp seed oil on top. The Alikay has some protein but it always leaves my hair soft.