-Prepoo - @Chicoro's prepoo
-Shampoo - Nairobi Detox Shampoo
-Shampoo 2 - Keracare Moisturizing and Detangling Shampoo
-Protein Treatment - Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor with heat
-Moisture treatment - Nairobi Humecta-Sil also with heat
-Leave-in/Moisturize - Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer

Wig for styling - not sure which one yet

icsonia22

I'm mostly 4b with fine strands and low to medium density. I've been using Redken Anti snap leave in for the past 2 months. A few months prior I started to incorporate more protein into my regimen with green beauty's protein treatment, drc-28, aphoghee 2 step and joico k-pak. The added protein has made my strands stronger and more coily.

Aggie

Today I used Design Essentials Milk and Honey 6 in 1 Reconstructive Conditioner as my protein treatment. I like this treatment so far. I will use it again soon to see just how much I like it and how well it works and report back.

SpiceUpMyHair

Today I used Design Essentials Milk and Honey 6 in 1 Reconstructive Conditioner as my protein treatment. I like this treatment so far. I will use it again soon to see just how much I like it and how well it works and report back.

Can you please list the ingredients. I recent have taken an interest in this product line.

Aggie

Thank you, for some reason I can’t find the ingredient list anywhere on the web.
@SpiceUpMyHair

Check out this link on ebay, hover your cursor over the bottle ingredients list to read better okay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Design-Ess...494725?hash=item1c91667305:g:ogIAAOSwkQZbV-KE

I would have to crop the pics I took and resize the file to add here and that would take too long so I went looking around for you and I can confirm the list is as the same on the bottle I have. The only ingredients you can't see around the other side of the bottle are Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, PEG 8, Shea butter, retinyl palmitate, and limonene. Hopes this helps.

nyeredzi

Halp! I need a recommendation. I had been trying fermented rice water, just fermenting on my own for a day or two, and using that water as a rinse. I've tried for a few weeks, but I notice no benefits and my hair is showing signs on needing a real protein treatment, breaking easily when wet, little pieces breaking off. Can someone recommend an affordable (let's say <$5 per treatment) protein treatment?

SpiceUpMyHair

@SpiceUpMyHair

Check out this link on ebay, hover your cursor over the bottle ingredients list to read better okay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Design-Ess...494725?hash=item1c91667305:g:ogIAAOSwkQZbV-KE

I would have to crop the pics I took and resize the file to add here and that would take too long so I went looking around for you and I can confirm the list is as the same on the bottle I have. The only ingredients you can't see around the other side of the bottle are Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, PEG 8, Shea butter, retinyl palmitate, and limonene. Hopes this helps.
Thank you ☺️

imaginary

Halp! I need a recommendation. I had been trying fermented rice water, just fermenting on my own for a day or two, and using that water as a rinse. I've tried for a few weeks, but I notice no benefits and my hair is showing signs on needing a real protein treatment, breaking easily when wet, little pieces breaking off. Can someone recommend an affordable (let's say <$5 per treatment) protein treatment?

Aphogee is pretty affordable and easy to get on the ground. If you want a strong treatment you can get the two step which could probably give you 4 or so treatments. If you wanted it regular sort of strength you can use the Aphogee 2 minute keratin treatment.

If you're not opposed to diy, you could also just buy a bottle of pure protein and add it to your conditioners. On the cheap end there's neutral protein filler (under $10 for the 4oz and $15 or so for the 16oz) and on the slightly more you can get green beauty ($24 for 8oz). Depending on how many tablespoons you use per treatment, either one is sure to last you for a couple months at least.

Oh and amazon sells different kinds of hydrolyzed protein as well.

nyeredzi

Aphogee is pretty affordable and easy to get on the ground. If you want a strong treatment you can get the two step which could probably give you 4 or so treatments. If you wanted it regular sort of strength you can use the Aphogee 2 minute keratin treatment.

If you're not opposed to diy, you could also just buy a bottle of pure protein and add it to your conditioners. On the cheap end there's neutral protein filler (under $10 for the 4oz and $15 or so for the 16oz) and on the slightly more you can get green beauty ($24 for 8oz). Depending on how many tablespoons you use per treatment, either one is sure to last you for a couple months at least.

Oh and amazon sells different kinds of hydrolyzed protein as well.

I had no idea you could just buy the protein. I think I'll try the Aphogee 2 minute first and see how that works. I like the sound of '2 minute' :)

Aggie

Tomorrow I hopefully will be using:

-Nairobi Detox Shampoo
-Keracare Moisturizing and Detangling Shampoo
-Kerastase Masquintense Nourishing Deep Conditioner (protein)
-Naturelle Grow Rose Clay Moisturizing DC
-Mielle Organics Pomegranate and Honey Leave-in
-Sealed with Shea Butter and Blue Magic Grease.