Protein Treatments and Leave-in conditioners

devin

I am sorry if this has been previously posted but I see on some of the threads that some of the same products that are leave-ins are also protein conditioners. I am confused about the usage. If you are using a protein conditioner weekly can you use that same conditioner as a leave-in?(ex: ntm silk touch leave in). If you are using the protein conditioner do you follow it with a deep conditioner, or is the protein conditioner the conditioner? Also off the subject, but can you use porosity control and a leave-in together? I am trying to work out a regimen for my hair. TIA!:D

Last edited:

divinefavor

devin said:
I am sorry if this has been previously posted but I see on some of the threads that some of the same products that are leave-ins are also protein conditioners. I am confused about the usage. If you are using a protein conditioner weekly can you use that same conditioner as a leave-in?(ex: ntm silk touch leave in). If you are using the protein conditioner do you follow it with a deep conditioner, or is the protein conditioner the conditioner? Also off the subject, but can you use porosity control and a leave-in together? I am trying to work out a regimen for my hair. TIA!:D

Bumping for devin!

Angelicus

IMHO, A great protein treatment shouldn't be followed up with another conditioner if it is truly effective. However, there are many people who follow up their protein conditioners with moisturizing conditioners or rinses for detangling purposes.

I don't consider NTM silk touch leave-in as a protein treatment. My best advice for your concerns is just tweak your regimen and see what your hair likes. There are no rules in haircare... everyone on here has a different regimen :lol: And everyone makes mistakes too... I used to do hot oil treatments with grease, which lead to me frying chicken on my forehead :lol: Good luck!

devin

thank you for the advice! i bought a lot of products today and am going to begin my regimen! so hopefully what has worked so great for you ladies will work for me tool! wish me luck!

anky said:
IMHO, A great protein treatment shouldn't be followed up with another conditioner if it is truly effective. However, there are many people who follow up their protein conditioners with moisturizing conditioners or rinses for detangling purposes.

I don't consider NTM silk touch leave-in as a protein treatment. My best advice for your concerns is just tweak your regimen and see what your hair likes. There are no rules in haircare... everyone on here has a different regimen :lol: And everyone makes mistakes too... I used to do hot oil treatments with grease, which lead to me frying chicken on my forehead :lol: Good luck!