Protein Treatments

YOTEGRA

I used aphogee yesterday because I had some shedding. Now I have a big tangled mess. I used every mosturizer I could find and I still can't get a comb through it without losing a ton of hair. My hair is coming out more now than before the treatment. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I now use a poriosty treatment. Oh I forgot to add that I put a semipermanent color in about 3 weeks ago. So do you think my hair has become too porous. Its tangled mainly on the ends. My hair is past shoulder length and I have relaxed 3c hair. Any advice would be greatly apprecitated.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Since I Megow introduced Clairol 5x renewal conditioner for permed hair to me, I have found it wonderful at detangling anything. Just be careful and if you must, separate the tangles, one strand at a time. All the best!

Karonica

Did the semi have any ammonia and/or peroxide? If not, I seriously doubt that had anything to do with it. I've never been a fan of protein treatments though, I must admit. Well, not Motions anyway.

Perhaps, you should try cholesterol. I had the same problem this summer with my hair. I believe the Profectiv Phase Oil made my hair too strong in a sense, and everytime I would wash, I'd have hobbles of tangles. So, I started using Optimum Super Protecting Shampoo (very moisturizing to my hair) followed by the Dark-n-Lovely cholesterol. This got my hair back on track.

Honi

There is no board.
What kind of moisturizing conditioner did you use after rinsing the Aphogee from your hair. I found that the balancing moisturizer that the company suggested wasn't worth a darn and I used Keracare humecto instead. After that, no problems encountered.

I would try a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment with either the above, one of the cholesterols or any other moisturizing conditioner you have on hand. That should ease the tangles a bit.

HTH

KinksnCurlz

That happened to me before because I forgot to use the balancing moisturizer afterwards. If you decide to use it again, make sure your hair is fully detangled beforehand, pour the aphogee on your hair but don't manipulate it so much, just gently massage it in and pin it on your head. Once it's hard, just put your head underneath the water and let it rinse out on its own. Follow that with the b.mois. AND a moisturizing conditioner (i use the keracare humecto).

YOTEGRA

I used the Loreal Casting. I think it does have some peroxide in it but no ammonia. May be this is my problem.

I used Le Klair detangling cholesterol ( the green stuff), Biloage detangling solution, and I reshampooed with Nexus Therappe

caress

This happened to me twice and I had used the Balancing Moisturizer as well as other moisturizing conditioners. I decided it was not for me even though when I used it the first time it was ok.

How did you rinse it out? Over the tub? or in the shower? Do you use other protein conditoners? How do they affect your hair?

diamond_nh

After using Aphogee I did experience more hair coming out than before the treatment. I stopped using it. I am going to buy Nexxus Emergencee to use instead. The balancing moisturizer didn't do anything for me either, so I always use something else along with it.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
caress said:
This happened to me twice and I had used the Balancing Moisturizer as well as other moisturizing conditioners. I decided it was not for me even though when I used it the first time it was ok.

How did you rinse it out? Over the tub? or in the shower? Do you use other protein conditoners? How do they affect your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I rinse my hair out in the shower. I just hold my head back and let the water cascade over my hair. Whenever i do my hair over the sink, i lose too much.
I use nexxus keraphix or aubrey organics GPB - you can get the AO from the vitaminne shoppe for about $8. My hair feels really soft and silky afterwards. But i always follow up my protein treatments with my keracare humecto so superb slip and softness. I've also learned that the cleaner my hair is, the less hairs i find on the floor/comb/shirt, etc. So washing my hair at least 1x a week works well for me. I can do 2x a week at times but not always due to my happygolucky 3 year old.

caress

This is why I was asking because if you do it Yotegra rinsed her hair over the tub she may have gotten more breakage from that. So how did you rinse it out, Yotegra? Again, have you used any other protein conditioners? How did your hair respond to them?

KinksnCurlz

Oops, sorry, i thought u were talking to me. I guess that's another example of how the world doesn't revolve around me...