Protein treatments????

Godsway

Hi Ladies,

I was about to do a protein treatment with Mizani Kerafuse and it says shampoo, then apply kerafuse with an applicator brush to the hair shaft. Let sit for 10 min under hooded dryer (or longer), rinse, dry and style. My question is do you do a deep conditioning treatment after for moisturization?? I heard tell of protein treatments causing a lot breakage. Or is it sufficient to just use a conditioning leave-in or oil????? Thanks ahead of time ladies!! :) :)

OnceUponAtime

I haven't used the Kerafuse, but have read about people actually mixing a moisturizing conditioner with the treatment. So, I would imagine that a post condintioning treatment would be fine.

CinnaMocha

I think if you don't follow up with a good moisturizer after your protein treatment, your hair could suffer b/c protein makes your hair feel dry-like.

Mizani_Mrs

Hello, i've been using kerafuse for a while. I actually have never applied it with an applicator brush. I just applied it, with my hands, like all of my other conds. It actually is a protein deep cond. And it's companion, per se, is the Hydrafuse moisturizing deep cond. You can mix both of these deep conds together to do a custom blend treatment. add more or less of either conditioner depending on if you need more moisture or more strength. check out their site for more info. However if you don't want to do the custom blend, then yes i'd suggest for you to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner of your choice. I've never had any issues with kerafuse, but it wont provide the slip that is necessary for combing-out and drying your hair, with ease. I did use it like 2x a week for 4 weeks when i had super damaged hair and i was trying to correct it. And when i stopped using it so much, i did notice that my hair stopped breaking (just very minimal breakage, which is why i never put 2 and 2 together).... SO this means that it is true that you can overdo it with too many protein treatments. too much of a good thing can break your hair. great product, i hope it works for you.....

Lady_Lioness

bellezanegra826 said:
wait, i thought people did protein treatments to end breakage. I didn't know they caused them :/

This happens when no moisture is added back to the hair...your hair needs to have a balance of protein and moisture...if your hair has too much protein and not enough moisture it'll be dry and brittle and that's when breakage would occur...after every protein treatment you must follow up with a moisturizing conditioner...in order to avoid that...it's a must.

Isis

Lady_Lioness said:
This happens when no moisture is added back to the hair...your hair needs to have a balance of protein and moisture...if your hair has too much protein and not enough moisture it'll be dry and brittle and that's when breakage would occur...after every protein treatment you must follow up with a moisturizing conditioner...in order to avoid that...it's a must.
ITA with you and Porsche19. :yep: Next wash I'll be doing a protein treatment with my usual Keraphix, followed by deep moisturizing conditioning (Humectress) for 30 min. under a plastic cap. Doing this regularly keeps a good balance of protein and moisture for my hair.