Protein Treatments...

TwistNMx

If you use protein treatments, how often do you use them? :confused:

I was told that I should use protein every time I wash because my hair is quite thin. I think that might be a bit much. What do you say?

Last edited:

MizaniMami

Hey There!

I do a protein treatment in some form just about everywash. I use nexxus Keraphix as a pre-poo everywash or I use Emergencee every two weeks. I use aphogee the hard protein a few days after my relaxer.

I don't recommend using protein every wash though. But I do it just because my hair actually likes protein.

HighlyFavored1

MizaniMami said:
Hey There!

I do a protein treatment in some form just about everywash. I use nexxus Keraphix as a pre-poo everywash or I use Emergencee every two weeks. I use aphogee the hard protein a few days after my relaxer.

I don't recommend using protein every wash though. But I do it just because my hair actually likes protein.

I have a really hard time deciding when my hair needs protein, even when I do the wet hair strand test to see if my hair stretches or snaps...Could you tell me how you know that your hair "likes protein"?

MissFallon

I use protein every week using Motions CPR treatment. My hair works better when I use protein every week.

MizaniMami

HighlyFavored1 said:
I have a really hard time deciding when my hair needs protein, even when I do the wet hair strand test to see if my hair stretches or snaps...Could you tell me how you know that your hair "likes protein"?

IMO it's all about trial and error. But first i would start off reading Sistaslicks Breakage 101 Thread, it's a sticky and I think it is the 1st or 2nd thread.

With that being said, I find that my hair needs protein when it is very mushy and too soft to the point where it breaks. I find that my hair has too much protein when it is hard, dry, or snaps.

I think it is always better to go hard on the moisture side first. I hope someone else chimes in to give you better advice!