Protein vs Moisture

Ok ladies. I think I have been giving my hair too much protein and not enough moisture. In the beginnning of my hair care journey, I was complaining of dry frizzy ends. Now all my hair is dry, it hasn't gotten to the point where there is any breakage or shedding, thank goodness. I have been using ORS Hair Mayo weekly and using Nexxus Keraphix as an alternate for my protein treatments. My question is what ingridents in shampoo's cond's and leave ins are classified as moisturizing vs protein? I read the post by sistaslick about breakage and being balanced and moisturized but did not find any post about what ingredients/products to look for to differentiate between what moisturizes and what is protein. Thanks ladies for all your help.:D

curlyj

I got this tip from a thread called "for colored girls" (I'm off the coloring cycle for now)....

The tip: When using protein- you should always follow with moisture ...And your next treatment should be a super-moisturizing treatment. And dont forget to seal in the moisture with oil(castor really seals- apply to the last 3-4 inches of hair).

*When I use protien(1x week) i always add moisture right afterwards. I also DO NOT USE a heavy protein either....I suggest staying with something light to medium. NOTE that everyone's hair is different and thus repsponds differently.