Protein?

DominicanBrazilian82

When I read the ingredients in a conditioner, I always look for the word "protein" in order to know if it's a protein conditioner or not. The following ingredients do not specifically specify "protein"; however, a review on the product says that it shouldnt be used if you have a protein sensitivity. For my LHCF Chemists... which items are protein? And will protein products usually specify which ingredients are protein? Or do manufacturers expect you to do your own due diligence?

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Wheat Germ Oil, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 11, Trideceth-12, Sodium Methylparaben, Phospholipids, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates Crosspolymer, Condrus Cripus, Triethanolamine, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butyparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparan, Isobutylparaben, Parfum, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool, FD&C N 5, FD&C 3, FD&C N 40.

This is the ingredient list for the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask...

TIA

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Wheat germ. Never fails to ball my hair into a hay matted mess. My hair is very sensitive to protein and wheat germ is one of the worst offenders.

DominicanBrazilian82

DarkJoy said:
Wheat germ. Never fails to ball my hair into a hay matted mess. My hair is very sensitive to protein and wheat germ is one of the worst offenders.

Aha! Thank you. Good to know :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

claud-uk

Panthenol also has similar effects to protein, I believe. It strengthens the hair but too high a concentration can leave the hair feeling hard. I'm currently trying to avoid products with this ingredient too high in the list bc my hair is quite coarse and it doesn't help. HTH!