PROVEN oil blend that stimulates hair growth!!

Tara

O.k. so Imogin has me interested because she is seeing results and being consistant.

So I too am trying this out now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I would love to be able to "increase" my growth rate if this is at all possible in addition to the vitamins doing their thing so.... I'll keep ya'll posted, I just stared last night.

I made a rather large batch to keep in an amber bottle with a dropper so I'm hoping it still works even though I used more than drops, but actually mixed enough to last for a while.

Imogin, did you post your exact measurments of what you used? If so let me know the link.

Also BLKMANE thanks for posting the exact names of the oils, they were (luckily) easy for me to find at Whole Foods.

I personally do not mind the smell, I guess I'm getting used to all these herbal remedies, LOL! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Amethyst

Thanks for the info BlkMane. I'm telling you everytime I come to this forum, it's like I'm right at the library /images/graemlins/smile.gif Your thread was chock full of helpful information. Thanks for posting it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Talk to you soon...
Amethyst

JenJen2721

Hi, I bumped this one to see if anyone has been having good results with this mixture. I finally saved up the money to buy the oils and would love to hear any feedback!
Thanks in advance!
Jen

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
BlkMane said:

Londondiva, it's time for your 30 day report!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Blkmane I didn't use it for 30 days consistently /images/graemlins/whyme.gif but I'm going to try a 6 week program of different scalp applications and note them on my chart and compare the hair growth between them.

I'll get back on it I promise /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

how are you getting on with it?

Imogin3

Tara;

I am not at home to look it up, but I am 99% sure this is what I do

2drops thyme
2drops cedarwood
3drops lavender
3drops rosemary
mix those well, then add
1/2 teaspoon jojoba oil
4teaspoon grapeseed oil
then mix well again
massage in for at least 2min, then cover with a warm towel for a little bit.

It REALLY works...I think it has helped me alot because I am transitioning for the last 2months...my last relaxer was December 2002..that was the last time I am going to have one side of my head with NO HAIR. I have not had any MAJOR breakage, so I am sticking with it.

Faith

I'm pretty sure you can't use rosemary and cedarwood while pregnant. Do a search on them, the sites have that info. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlkMane

Hi, LondonDiva. I haven't even STARTED using the blend yet.
A few weeks back as you may recall, I thought I had purchased
all the oils, but realized that 2 or 3 of them were the wrong "type".

I just returned them about 1 1/2 weeks ago and purchased the correct
oils from Cedarvale. Haven't received the shipment yet.

But, I will post after a month of usage.

OneShinyface

That's so encouraging Imogin3! I bought the ingredients today at Whole Foods and just mixed up a small batch. I want to use it all over my scalp, but the smell... My husband will fall out of the bed with this one. I've been using all kinds of things on my hair this past month and the smells haven't all been pleasant. Maybe I should buy him a gas mask! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
OneShinyface

Tara

I'm planning on restarting this when I get braids this month...Then I will use it for one month straight and hopefully be able to report back with something good.

Bumping for others that may have acheived results.

NAPPtural

Tara said:
I'm planning on restarting this when I get braids this month...Then I will use it for one month straight and hopefully be able to report back with something good.

Bumping for others that may have acheived results.

[/ QUOTE ]

NAPPtural

BlkMane said:
Okay, just did a little 'net research and found out that the oils used in the study were:

<ul type="square"> [*]cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) [*] lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) [*]rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) [*]thyme (Thymus vulgaris) [/list]
(Latin names of EXACT herbs are in parentheses as there are many different types of each herb)

I'm a litle upset as I now have to return my thyme, lavender AND Cedarwood oils as they are the wrong type.

Here we go again...!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find none of these Latin names of the exact herbs on the net.
Do anyone know where i can get these at on the net??

NAPPtural

JenJen2721 said:
You can get them on Cedarvale.net

Here's an A-Z list on their site of essential oils:
Essential Oils

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

NAPPtural

Imogin3 said:
Tara;

I am not at home to look it up, but I am 99% sure this is what I do

2drops thyme
2drops cedarwood
3drops lavender
3drops rosemary
mix those well, then add
1/2 teaspoon jojoba oil
4teaspoon grapeseed oil
then mix well again
massage in for at least 2min, then cover with a warm towel for a little bit.

It REALLY works...I think it has helped me alot because I am transitioning for the last 2months...my last relaxer was December 2002..that was the last time I am going to have one side of my head with NO HAIR. I have not had any MAJOR breakage, so I am sticking with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
the instructions say to use a warm towel I was wondering if I can use a hair steamer instead?

NAPPtural

BlkMane said:
Found this on the net:

A full head of beautiful hair and an attractive appearance are highly desirable things. For some people, losing their hair can cause them a great deal of stress and anxiety. Among the causes of hair loss are heredity, hormones, aging, poor circulation, a poor diet, and illness. While drugs can be used to regrow a bit of hair, they also have side effects. Many health-minded people have spent some time searching for a natural treatment solution that could regrow hair. Their search just may be over.
Alopecia is a general word that means loss of the hair on the head or baldness. Loss of all of the scalp hair is known as alopecia totalis. Loss of all body hair is termed alopecia universalis. Alopecia areata occurs when the hair falls out in patches.

Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils to achieve therapeutic health benefits. It dates back thousands of years to the time of Cleopatra. Essential oils are highly concentrated extracts which are derived from the flowers, leaves, bark and roots of various plants. They contain the plant’s active “lifelike” properties and are said to be the “blood” of the plant. Among these essential oils are cedarwood, lavender, rosemary and thyme, all of which have been used to treat alopecia for over a hundred years. However, no scientific study has been conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of these substances until now.

A revolutionary aromatherapy study was recently published in the Archives of Dermatology (1). Isabelle C. Hay and co-researchers from the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Scotland studied 86 people with diagnosed alopecia areata. The trial lasted seven months and while the trial took place, the participants stopped using topical (skin) and oral alopecia medications. Instead, half of the people used a blend of cedarwood (2 drops), lavender (3 drops), rosemary (3 drops) and thyme (2 drops), in a carrier oil mix of jojoba oil (1/2 teaspoon) and grapeseed oil (4 teaspoons). The placebo group used just the carrier oils. Patients were taught to massage the oil into the bare areas of their scalp for two minutes each evening and then wrap a warm towel around their head to enhance absorption.

At the beginning of the study, and again after three and seven months, professional photographs were taken of each patient’s scalp. Changes as seen in the photographs served as the primary outcome measure. Mapping and measuring of the bald patches was also done to determine results.

An impressive 44 percent of the group using the essential oils significantly improved. The average area of hair regrowth with the essential oils was 104 square centimeters, compared with nearly zero for those using the placebo. According to one intriguing photograph provided by the researchers, considerable hair regrowth occurred with one male patient who had both alopecia areata and severe male pattern hair loss.

These results show aromatherapy to be a safe and effective treatment for alopecia areata. The researchers were proud to have successfully applied an evidence-based method to an alternative therapy. Evidently, one or more of the essential oils is able to promote hair regrowth. And unlike standard medical therapies, the essential oils have a very low risk of side effects and are not nearly as costly.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have the web site address?

NAPPtural

BlkMane said:
Okay, just did a little 'net research and found out that the oils used in the study were:

<ul type="square"> [*]cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) [*] lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) [*]rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) [*]thyme (Thymus vulgaris) [/list]
(Latin names of EXACT herbs are in parentheses as there are many different types of each herb)

I'm a litle upset as I now have to return my thyme, lavender AND Cedarwood oils as they are the wrong type.

Here we go again...!

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have the web site where you found this information at?

Tara

Hi,

Even though I wasn't the original poster of the recipe I hope you don't mind me jumping in.

I did a search on Yahoo, and I believe this is the site where the information came from.
Herbal Recipe and Instructions

Also if you scroll down, this site gives more instructions on what to do with the oils, and pointed out that the study that was done lasted 7 months (good info to have) so it says to be patient. I really need that because now I know the time frame in which I should be looking for results.

azul11

BlkMane said:
Azul-

The lower east side has TONS of Indian stores/markets. The place where I bought my Amla powder (and they had all the other powders and Amla oil, too) was on 28th Street between Lexington &amp; Park, I think. You'll find other Indian stores on and around Lexington Avenue in that area as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was meaning to ask do you know of any particular stores you know of. i went into one but the selection was limited and the other spot had the amla powder but no oils. i wanted to see if i could get the vatika oil because the ingredients sound incredible and i need a preshampoo treatment. God bless you all.

HennaJoy

Hi caress,

A little Rosemary eo can go a long way. Even more so if you have the Rosemary extract. It is also an eo that needs to be used with caution because if used in too strong a concentrate it can cause a burning sensation to the skin and scalp...(not like from a flame burning, but like from vicks vaporub sort of burning)...and like other eos like clove, should not be used when pregnant. Sometimes with something as concentrated and with such vapors as Rosemary, I will dilute it with a carrier like grapeseed oil and then use the diluted blend in what ever I am making up.

Droppers can be purchased at any craft stores and come in a pack of about 5 for about a dollar. They work fine. Unless you are making up lots and lots of stuff, 15 ml and 30 ml (1/2 oz and 1 oz) of essential oils will go a long way.

HennaJoy

NAPPtural

Tara said:
Hi,

Even though I wasn't the original poster of the recipe I hope you don't mind me jumping in.

I did a search on Yahoo, and I believe this is the site where the information came from.
Herbal Recipe and Instructions

Also if you scroll down, this site gives more instructions on what to do with the oils, and pointed out that the study that was done lasted 7 months (good info to have) so it says to be patient. I really need that because now I know the time frame in which I should be looking for results.

[/ QUOTE ]
THANK YOU BUNCHES!!!!

NAPPtural

Ok, LAdies
can all the ladies list there names of who's doing this oil blend and what day you started.
I will be started next month. I will do it everynight and use my steamer.

Faith

I think I started it 5 weeks ago..I have to double check on the date. It's hard to tell what it's doing since my hair is in interlocks.

BlkMane

Napptural-

No I don't have the website address where I got that original info from (in the first post), but I did find references to that study all over the web.

Do a search for: alopecia oil

Or: hair loss cedarwood

Searches like that should bring up that original site. I don't remember how I initially came upon it.