PROVEN oil blend that stimulates hair growth!!

BlkMane

Found this on the net:

A full head of beautiful hair and an attractive appearance are highly desirable things. For some people, losing their hair can cause them a great deal of stress and anxiety. Among the causes of hair loss are heredity, hormones, aging, poor circulation, a poor diet, and illness. While drugs can be used to regrow a bit of hair, they also have side effects. Many health-minded people have spent some time searching for a natural treatment solution that could regrow hair. Their search just may be over.
Alopecia is a general word that means loss of the hair on the head or baldness. Loss of all of the scalp hair is known as alopecia totalis. Loss of all body hair is termed alopecia universalis. Alopecia areata occurs when the hair falls out in patches.

Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils to achieve therapeutic health benefits. It dates back thousands of years to the time of Cleopatra. Essential oils are highly concentrated extracts which are derived from the flowers, leaves, bark and roots of various plants. They contain the plant’s active “lifelike” properties and are said to be the “blood” of the plant. Among these essential oils are cedarwood, lavender, rosemary and thyme, all of which have been used to treat alopecia for over a hundred years. However, no scientific study has been conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of these substances until now.

A revolutionary aromatherapy study was recently published in the Archives of Dermatology (1). Isabelle C. Hay and co-researchers from the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Scotland studied 86 people with diagnosed alopecia areata. The trial lasted seven months and while the trial took place, the participants stopped using topical (skin) and oral alopecia medications. Instead, half of the people used a blend of cedarwood (2 drops), lavender (3 drops), rosemary (3 drops) and thyme (2 drops), in a carrier oil mix of jojoba oil (1/2 teaspoon) and grapeseed oil (4 teaspoons). The placebo group used just the carrier oils. Patients were taught to massage the oil into the bare areas of their scalp for two minutes each evening and then wrap a warm towel around their head to enhance absorption.

At the beginning of the study, and again after three and seven months, professional photographs were taken of each patient’s scalp. Changes as seen in the photographs served as the primary outcome measure. Mapping and measuring of the bald patches was also done to determine results.

An impressive 44 percent of the group using the essential oils significantly improved. The average area of hair regrowth with the essential oils was 104 square centimeters, compared with nearly zero for those using the placebo. According to one intriguing photograph provided by the researchers, considerable hair regrowth occurred with one male patient who had both alopecia areata and severe male pattern hair loss.

These results show aromatherapy to be a safe and effective treatment for alopecia areata. The researchers were proud to have successfully applied an evidence-based method to an alternative therapy. Evidently, one or more of the essential oils is able to promote hair regrowth. And unlike standard medical therapies, the essential oils have a very low risk of side effects and are not nearly as costly.

LondonDiva

Awww hell and I just threw away my herbalist catalogue thinking there was going to be no need to purchase anything.

Blkmane I don't know what you're gonna start girl, you know there are some ladies on here that have serious addictions in making purchases to do with their hair. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for posting the info.

Lita

I like your new photos. Thanks for the read. Keep up the good work. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fashionista

Thanks for the info BlkMane. I've been looking for info on oils and butters. Do you have any recommendations (books, websites, etc.)?

garr6982

Hi! Sorry to butt in! This is PeachyQueen stealing time from work! Go to From Nature With Love (I forgot the actual site)! I always do a search on google with the name and it brings it up. This is where I buy all my herbs and butters.

Happy Shopping!

And thanks Blkmane for that tip! To my Kitchen I Grow /images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

A

AmilLion

Three of the best scalp stimulants that I've learned about would be Rosemary, Yarrow and Ylang Ylang. What I did, I made my own hair creme. I purchased refined shea butter, melted it and dropped rosemary, yarrow and lavender. Normal dilution is equal to Base Carrier Oil ml/2 = the number of essential oil drops that should be applied to your base carrier oil. In my case I brought a 125 ml and had to dilute it with 62 drops of essential oils. Of course I split it between the three.

Thus far, it's working really great. I have no complaints.

Mahalialee4

I use essential oils on a regular basis. One of my favourite concoctions that I am presently experimenting with is emu oil (as a transdermal carrier oil), castor oil, megatek, rosemary oil and sage oil. I add about 5 drops of each essential oil, to about 2 oz. of the rest of the mixture. I do this about 2x a week. I sleep overnight with it, and I wash it out the next day. Also use a homemade version of the Cathy Howse Conditioner. Sometimes, in the summer, I use Ylang Ylang, Lime and Spike Lavender, Sometimes I use Tea Tree Oil and Lemongrass. Depends on my mood or what my hair needs at the time. I really love Lime Essential Oil. Bonjour.

Ennyaa

You ladies knowledge of Essential and other oils has my head spinning! I'm a little afraid to try this because I think I'll do it wrong. Forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

I was browsing that From Nature With Love site and it seems like they have good stuff but there are a few things I don't understand.

Let's say I wanted to use Amil's recipe of Rosemary, Yarrow and Ylang Ylang and Lavender mixed with the Emu Oil to help it absorb into the skin. Most of the oils come in ounces, like 2oz, 4oz, etc.

1- How many ounces of each of these ingredients do I need to buy?
2- They list some oils twice from different countries.
(ie. Essential Oil: Lavender, Water Soluble, Spain
Essential Oil: Lavender, Bulgaria)
How do I know which one is the right one?
3- What instruments are you using to measure these amounts when you mix them? A measuring cup or spoons or what?
4- And is there a special kind of dropper that is used? When you say "drops" do you literally mean a drop of do you mean dropper fulls?
5- Should I use this mixture instead of my daily Wild Growth Oil or Hot Six Oil? Or should I do it in addition?
6- Is this something to be used every night or once a week?

Sorry for so many questions but I think I'd really like to try this. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ms_kenesha

1. I'd start out with the 2oz. of the essential oils because you'll be using small amounts inyour carrier oils.

2. It doesn't really matter where the oil came from though different regions may have a stronger smell or concentration.

3. The essential oils should come with a dropper (that's why peoplewill say "15 drops", but if you buy a larger quantity 8oz. etc. they may not come with a dropper and you can order one seperately from FNWL

4. When someone says drops, make them actual drops not dropper fulls.

5. You can do this in addition or actually add these essential oils to your Wildgrowth or Hot Six since those are both carrier oils.

6. It's up to your discretion, the number of times a week you use.

Not too many questions, glad to help! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A

AmilLion

When using essential oils because they're soo concentrated you want to dilute them in a base or what is also known as a carrier oil. Some carrier oils would include, Jojoba, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil to give you a general idea. Now the normal dilution by 2.5% would equal the ML of carrier oil you purchased divided by 2.

Lets say you purchased 100ml of Shea Butter, you divide that by 2 and you have 50. You should place 50 drops of your chosen essential oil into the carrier oil. Yes, when I say drop, I literally mean drops. You can divide the 50 drops down the whatever essential oils you would like to use.

Most essential oils come in small droppers and if your beginning this, I would certainly purchase the smallest oz bottle possible. They generally will come in 1/2oz bottles.

There are some essential oils that you cause use a what is called Neat Treatment. Neat treatment basically means that you can take a small amount of the oil and place it on spots or sections of your hair/skin or nail.

Becareful with the oils and do thorough investigation as some can cause toxicity.

If you need more information.....give me a buzz /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ennyaa

Ok I'm starting to see the light now. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ok... so would the Emu oil be considered a carrier oil or an essential oil?

Edit:
Whoops never mind just re-read Mahalialee's post. I get it now.
Thanks so much ladies! You guys are SUCH and invaluable resources on such a wide variety of things.

A

AmilLion

I tried, but there's no way lol... I may try using it with Mango butter and another sweet smelling essential oil.

Ennyaa

The way these herbal sites describe the scent of Ylang Ylang I'm surprised it doesn't help the smell some.

Ennyaa

Ok, now that I've spent the whole day comparing prices of Essential oils I have formulated a plan. Can you tell I'm excited about this? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course I won't be purchasing anything till at least mid January because I'm on PJ Punishment /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. But daydreaming about what I WILL buy is all that's keeping me going. hahahahahahaha

I have decided to order from Cedarvale Natural Health (thanks Adrienne) because they seem to have the best prices of the billion sites I went to today. I plan to order:

4oz of Emu Oil
1/2oz each of:
Rosemary, Spain
Sage, Dalmatia
Ylang Ylang I, Comores
Yarrow, Hungary

I will mix them according to Amil's formula,as follows:
15 drops of each essential oil into the 4oz(120ml) base of Emu Oil.

Now, for application I'm thinking once a week the same day that I do my conditioner/water rinsing.
The only question I have left is if I should apply it to my scalp as a hot oil treatment and sit under the dryer BEFORE I rinse? Or should I just apply it after rinsing and leave it in?

BlkMane

Ennyaa-

Thanks for posting that link to Cedarvale. They DO have wonderful prices! Great prices on bottles & containers, too. Those are about the cheapest prices I have seen. (I hope the shipping prices aren't high.)

I think you should apply your conconction to your scalp the night before you wash so that the oils really have time to penetrate.

Ennyaa

Thanks Blkmane, that sounds like a great idea. Give the stuff a chance to really soak in.

I remembered that Adrienne had mentioned that site once when this topic came up before and went hunting for it. I LOVES saving some money! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne0914

caress, CedarVale's prices are pretty close but a little higher than Emporium Naturals, but their selection is more complete. i would have to order from more than one site, which would more than make up the price difference. so i just stuck with CedarVale... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

LondonDiva

I'm going to try the concoction that Blkmane posted about in the original thread. I think I'm going to use it in a base of unrefined shea butter I have left from a nature with love purchase. I'm going to use it in a 50ml pot, how do I know from the size of the pot, how many drops of each Essential Oil to use?

LondonDiva

OK I just purchased online

10ml Thyme EO
10ml Cedarwood Eo
Jojoba Oil 50ml
Grapeseed Oil 500ml

I want to use the shea as a solid base just because I think it will last a LOT longer than to out it in a old WGO bottle. do you think it would have the same effect even if I add the GSO and the JO?

BlkMane

LondonDiva,

Do you already have the Rosemary oil and Lavender? I'm going to make the mix for myself and my b.f. (he's balding a little). I told him about it and he told me to make some for him. I'm going to buy the stuff from Cedarvale.

I didn't understand your question. Where you asking if the concoction would work if you add shea butter? If so, I don't know. I was going to try the ORIGINAL mixture as tested first to see what kind of results we got.

By the way, I found information about this study all over the web, so apparently it is legit.

LondonDiva

Blkmane. Yes I do already have the Rosemary and Lavendar.

Let me see if I can word it in a way that I understand also.

OK, rather than just use the jojoba and Grapeseed oil as a base with the other Essential oils mixed in together I would use the shea butter as a solid base with everything mixed in, because I'm rather heavy handed and I think that if I made a hair pomade or butter it will last longer than if I was to apply the oil combination straight.

So it will be everything jojoba and grapeseed included with the essential oils and pure unrefined shea butter.

Maybe Blkmane if you do it your way and I do it mine we can compare results and see if there is much difference with or without the shea butter base.

BlkMane

Oh, I see..you will basically add shea butter to the recipe. I suppose it will work, but maybe the oils won't penetrate into your scalp as much? Not sure, I'm no expert. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll let you know when I start the "program", I still have to purchase the stuff. Just note the day you start your program so that we can compare notes after 30 days.

Happy holidays!!

Ennyaa

Do any ladies in the NYC area know WHERE in Chinatown I might be able to purchase some of these oils? I haven't been down there in ages but a subway trip would cost a lot less than shipping I guess.

Edit:
Nevermind. I asked my Chinese co-worker and she gave me some locations.

Ennyaa

Re: Indian Oils

Well ladies in my never-ending web browsing for hair info and products I have come across some more information on oils. These Indian oils are all said to promote hair health and growth:

Amla
Brahmi
Neem
Bringraj

I browsed several sites on these but anybody every used any?

adrienne0914

i already have the stuff at home, but i don't know if i can do it. lemme tell ya... cedarwood oil STANKS! it smells like hospital or disinfectant. i actually bought it because i was too cheap to buy sandalwood... NOT the same thing. lol! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne