Proverbs 31 Woman duties/role as a Christian wife?

Discussion in 'Christian Fellowship' started by stephluv, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Reminiscing

Reminiscing New Member

Blog Posts:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. HomesteaderDreams

HomesteaderDreams Active Member

Blog Posts:

Thank you for this. I really needed to hear each and every one of these points and I will begin to implement them today. When my husband wakes up in another hour, I will ( Shimmie ) extend my beautiful hands and ask him to pray with me...And be more of a helper to my husband. Everything we wives do really should be to help our husbands. That is precisely why we were put here in the first place. I'll need to print this out and post it in the corner of my private bath (hubby doesnt go in there, as he considers it my lady cave).

LiftedUp likes this.
  3. HomesteaderDreams

HomesteaderDreams Active Member

Blog Posts:

Right now, I'm reading "Wife School." next will be '"Created to be His Helpmeet." I think both are really good.

4. Blackpearl1993

Blackpearl1993 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I was listening to a book from a Christian blogger. She gave a really good tip. Try to use tangible reminder/cues to whisper little prayers for your husband throughout the day. My husband leaves his socks on the floor whenever he sits down after returning home--believe it or not I have grown to love this. I say a little prayer for him when I pick up his socks. The blogger mentioned praying for your husband whenever your wedding ring catches your eye during the day. That's a whole lot of praying power to lavish on the man you love. Prayer moves mountains, as we all know.

5. Blackpearl1993

Blog Posts:
    I have this one...excellent book

6. stephluv

stephluv Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello ladies my apologies for my absence but I need this forum in my life

blqlady Had posted a top question that I would love to get feedback on from especially the wives What qualities make a good husband?

In my experience I've seen Proberb31 wives who after some conditioning and a few seasons finally have their good husband lol Not everyone will marry a man that is prepared to be that Great husband but with a wife's prayer and encouragement it will happen as God has put her there to be his helpmeet Remember a man leaves one fam to cleave to his wife sowhat should she be striving to see in her mate?

LiftedUp likes this.
  7. Jace032000

Jace032000 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:

This was beautiful---thank you so much for sharing. I really needed to read this.

8. MrsMe

MrsMe Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Love this thread! Thank you to all the ladies who chimed in. I see I still have a lot of work to do.

Sent from my phone...typos and autocorrect galore

9. proudofmynaps

proudofmynaps Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Bumping. I would love to hear more from married women or women who have more to add on this subject

10. Benuontherise

Benuontherise Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello ladies,

I'm a newly wed only have been married for two years but I have learned a lot. Some of the things I have learned about wife duties are that it's important that your husband knows that you love him. I know that it sounds simple but men really need to be catered to and shown that they are loved by their wives. Women can get things confused sometimes I think, such as thinking that doing their expected duties such as house management is her showing her love. But not really that's the mandatory. It's the things that aren't mandatory that shows your love for him, it makes me think about the the proverbs 31 a virtuous women when it speaks about how his hearts trust in her. He trust that she loves him and has the good interest of the family not just herself. He knows she won't cheat on him and not just physically but also spiritually. Dedicating her love only to him under God, no to herself or anyone else outside of the house. This love to your DH even when you feel exhausted or unloved/unappreciated yourself will help make the bond stronger give no wedge for the devil to wiggle in...truly this is key. I pray this has helped any ladies needing the message, including myself as a reminder.

God bless ladies

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Lucia, bellatiamarie and stephluv like this.
  11. Nina_S

Nina_S Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    I recently finished a few really good books:

Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires, The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs
    Uncommon Marriage by Tony & Lauren Dungy
    Things I Wish I'D Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman

I'm in preparation mode and I have a lot to learn. Thank all of you ladies for your advice and wisdom!

bellatiamarie likes this.
  12. stephluv

stephluv Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Benuontherise likes this.
  13. *SkolarStar*

*SkolarStar* Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    God works in wonders. I prayed asking God to guide me to the right resources on what makes a good wife. He led me here. And I'm never in this part of the forum, but He said, go there. And here I come to a wealth of knowledge!

I read this entire thread and now I'm going back to page 1 to read a few posts at a time to really internalize and put to practice the advice the man I'm with now. See how it works. Even if we break up, at least I got some practice in. :look:

14. *SkolarStar*

*SkolarStar* Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    P31 update...
    A couple of friends and I are on a P31C - Proverbs 31 Challenge.

PrissiSippi likes this.
  15. lonei

lonei Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Very interesting. My husband and I are Christians and we have been married for almost 8 years and with little or much, I would choose him again every time. We actually wrote a book on love called The Colours of Love Relationship Manual which gives a real yet biblically principled way to doing relationships. It might help someone out. www.thecoloursoflove.co.uk x

16. Blackpearl1993

Blog Posts:
  17. delitefulmane

delitefulmane Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I posted this in the relationship forum because initially I didn't know whether to create a thread here or what.

New wife here :wavey: Just wondering how you wives get your husbands to help you with different chores and things around the house? I don't EVER what to be a nagging wife but if I ask once and nothing happens. What next?

I believe how I respond will affect how he responds.
    Thoughts Christian wives?

18. Highly Favored8

Highly Favored8 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

Congratulations!

delitefulmane likes this.
  19. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Bumping

Future wife in training
    :lol:

20. Maracujá

Maracujá Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Eversince turning 31 in july, I have decided to study Proverbs 31 until july next year. So a whole entire year on Proverbs 31:10-31. Sometimes I do Google searches on this scripture and notice that a lot of Christian women dismiss this passage in the Bible as entirely fictional and not even plausible in real life. I fully disagree, not only because by that token all of the Bible could be seen as 'not practical', but also because I've seen it at work in my own life when I was living in Luanda (Angola, Africa).

For example: there is the passage about how the Proverbs 31 woman has maidens that help her. And in our 21st century mind, we immediately think of paid help. But the etymology of the word maiden means 'virgin girl' or 'servant'. This means that the women who were helping her were unmarried women, probably from her church or her family. Which also gave her the opportunity to live up to he Titus 2 role as a wife and mother in these young women's lives.

This is a topic that is so dear to my heart because of the influx of women complaining about being tired all the time. Women look frazzled on a daily basis nowadays and that simply did not use to be the case. Women are trying to do too much, all by themselves and that is simply not necessary at all. Also, this is a good way to keep young women from being lured by worldly things. For us unmarried women nowadays, this requires a complete mind shift as most of us also have to tend to our own apartments. But I can really see the benefits in this, even if you only sacrifice one day out of the week to helping a Godly wife/mommy from your close circle. It's an investment imo.

WeirdoBeauty, Lucia and Loving like this.
  21. Loving

Loving Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    @Maracujá a whole year? That's impressive. You should probably start a blog or a thread about what you are learning. It may help a lot of us.

Lucia and Maracujá like this.
  22. Maracujá

Maracujá Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    This is what I wrote in the Christian Singles Thread (remix) earlier this year:

The reason why God addressed 'worth' in the first verses of the Proverbs 31 chapter is because that is what we as women most struggle with, whether single or married. Y'all will be amazed at the many properties of the ruby stone if you do a Google search!

Lucia and Loving like this.
  23. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    You have a good point here

I've noticed hat there are some women at work or anywhere will matter of factly talking about sex out in the open with explicit details. I was sitting in our cafeteria at work and 2 out of the 12 women there took the convo south 1 in the group was going to a bachelorette party in vegas-well I should have left right here but I was finished my lunch then the convo started deteriorating because of the 2 raunchy chicks.

That's when I grabbed my stuff and left. I mean I felt like it was not a convo tonhave at work with your immediate boss and some coworkers around that's a private convo and sometimes it shouldn't be a convo at all just a monologue in your head if you're so inclined. These women are debasigntenselves and showing everyone how low their self worth is.

This is not the first time I've heard a woman just blurt out oversexualized tidbits in the wrong venue. I know this also maybe has to do with the being low class in general and not knowing your not supposed to talk like that.

Then these are the same women who wonder why men don't treat them with respect. Umm you have to at least act like a lady to get men to respect you. Done ranting for now.