Prp Results

sizzle

I started PRP treatment in June 2016 and had my 3rd one in Sept 2016. I have told that it takes out 6 months for results. I know that it's bee less than 3 months since the last injection so I am wondering if anybody has any positive results. I need to keep my spirits up.

MWilson569

I never had PRP however, I'm curious about the procedure and results. I would love to hear more about your experience. Also, what type of hair loss are you combating?

sizzle

I have a combination of androgen-related hair loss and follicular damage due to relaxers. I am now natural. PRP is a procedure where blood is taken from your arm, spun down and concentrated platelets are injected into your scalp. This is supposed to cause regrowth of hair. Hopefully there is healing in the follicles. Typically there is at least 3 treatments at least one month apart.

MWilson569

I've been checking out that procedure on realself. Looks promising. I saw pretty good before and afters on that site. I think I may try to find someone is NYC who does this.

sugarbaybie

I have a combination of androgen-related hair loss and follicular damage due to relaxers. I am now natural. PRP is a procedure where blood is taken from your arm, spun down and concentrated platelets are injected into your scalp. This is supposed to cause regrowth of hair. Hopefully there is healing in the follicles. Typically there is at least 3 treatments at least one month apart.
im scared mines is also androgen related. how did you find out?

keep us update on the results

Young 50

Hello All,

Hair History:
I have always shed hair periodically but it was so thick that I did not notice any thinness till my early 40's. I have taken minoxidil for my hairline for at least 15 years. I am now 57. I have noticed that I get periods of relief from shedding and hair grows back but less and less thick. Even though I am past menopause, I refuse to lose my hair without a fight. Been natural for 1o years but it breaks and thins so progress of growth is not substantial. I big chop every 3 years to try and get even full hair but have not been successful. My regimen for the past 4 months is Minoxidil 5%, Vivas-cal , MSM, Castor oil and I Grow laser helmet.( LOL - that's a lot of stuff). No bald spots but thinning in temples and my bang area breaks . Must admit to blow drying and flat iron 4c hair every 2 weeks. (Stopping as of today)

My next step is to try PRP with A cell injections. Consultation set for Dr. Rappaport in NJ office in May 2017. He has 3 treatments special at $1600 . Heard about him on Doctors television show . Female Caucasian doctor used him and had good results. Will keep you posted. Great to meet you all.