PSA: Proper Hair Posting Etiquette! :)

robot.

-- Do NOT come in here posting impressive progress pictures and NOT post your regimen! You know dang well people want to know what you've been doing. Don't try to act all brand new and then disappear until AFTER you've gotten 2-3 pages of compliments.

-- Don't post talking about how something gave you swangnicity, blinding shine, poppin' curls, or how well your flat iron job was unless you HAVE PICS. Just don't do it! People will ONLY come in to post that they want pictures. And don't wait to try and build up anticipation because your LHCF sisters will (kindly) let you know it is whack (should it just so happen to be whack).

-- And this has been said so many times, I still don't know why people do it: don't quote pictures! One or two are fine, but posts that have about six different pictures in it and ones that are HUGE, don't quote them and disrupt the viewing pleasure of your LHCF sisters. :yep:

Now add yours! This thread is all in good humor, BTW. :grin:

Alright, disclaimer: This thread isn't here to make you follow a certain set of rules, nor make you feel self-conscious when posting. It is a light-hearted thread to kind of break up the monotony of the hair forum where people can post about tiny posting grievances in a fun way. Suggestions do not have to be "rude" or "mean." And if you take offense to any of what is listed in here, it's probably because you're perpetrating. It's okay. Just consider what someone said the next time you post.

Like I told a member in this thread: "That's why this is just "etiquette," and not "rules." It is in good taste and your own self-interest to follow etiquette, but it isn't required."

Last edited:

Skiggle

-- Do NOT come in here posting impressive progress pictures and NOT post your regimen! You know dang well people want to know what you've been doing. Don't try to act all brand new and then disappear until AFTER you've gotten 2-3 pages of compliments.

LOL...:lachen:

msa

Take pics the same way so that the comparisons are consistent. For example, compare straight hair with straight, wet with wet, fro with fro. If you're pullin your hair in one pic, do it in all pics. Try to line your shoulders up in side by side pics. Otherwise, it's misleading.

robot.

Really good point, msa! Equal comparison is critical!

This includes not hiking your bra strap up, taking your length pictures at a steep angle, or raising your arms above your head (for length shots). You know who you are. :naughty:

dachsies_rule!

Also, no tilting your head back when taking pics, it throws off your length. I could be WL if i threw my head back far enough :lachen:

robot.

They be pulling out all the tricks in the book.

Could you imagine someone claiming WL with head tilted back, arms up, stomach sucked in, shoulders back, AND a steep angle? :lachen:

PatTodd

-- Don't post talking about how something gave you swangnicity, blinding shine, poppin' curls, or how well your flat iron job was unless you HAVE PICS. Just don't do it! People will ONLY come in to post that they want pictures.

I'm soooooooooo guilty of this...but sometimes I just want to record what I did and I don't have anyone to take pics, and I am terrible at doing it myself!

robot.

Pics are really hard to take sometimes, I agree. But practice practice practice! :grin: You know we always wanna see!

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i so feel you on the one about quoting pictures! its annoying as heck to see six straight posts with quotes of 50-11 pics!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Really good point, msa! Equal comparison is critical!

This includes not hiking your bra strap up, taking your length pictures at a steep angle, or raising your arms above your head (for length shots). You know who you are. :naughty:

*covers up siggy* :look:
Do you have any tips for taking pics without raising the arms? I've tried putting the camera on a timer, and then running to get in front of it, but then it's not focused right, or it just comes out looking crazy. :perplexed

robot.

*covers up siggy* :look:
Do you have any tips for taking pics without raising the arms? I've tried putting the camera on a timer, and then running to get in front of it, but then it's not focused right, or it just comes out looking crazy. :perplexed

The mirror in your bathroom - is it really a cabinet? Like you can open it and store stuff? You could set the timer and then set it on one of the shelves. Or any old shelf that's your height. You can also put it right on your shoulder - that would be right about eye level.:yep:

Last edited:

Lita

Yea,I have to start posting pictures..
Funny thread....but true.

Happy Hair Growing!

MaryJane3000

Does raising your arms really affect how the length looks if you do it in both pics? And im guilty, I JUST posted like a day ago a comparison shot of my hair when it was mostly dry and then mostly wet, but i did that because i changed how i rollerset and before I let my hair become more damp then wet and not I do it when its wet. plus I was trying to show how thin it looked, but whatever, when you know better you do better, right? :)

robot.

Does raising your arms really affect how the length looks if you do it in both pics? And im guilty, I JUST posted like a day ago a comparison shot of my hair when it was mostly dry and then mostly wet, but i did that because i changed how i rollerset and before I let my hair become more damp then wet and not I do it when its wet. plus I was trying to show how thin it looked, but whatever, when you know better you do better, right? :)

I don't think it makes much of a big deal. I'm just being facetious. Now, if you purposely try to lift your shoulders up, like, shrug them and then hold it, then that might make it look different. I'm sure no one does that, though. :)

~Hair~Fetish~

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't come up in here with some romanticized love story bout someones hair in real life, then FINALLY show up with pics SIX WEEKS later after 286 pages of begging, anticipation, and threats of e-violence! :lachen: :lachen:

LushLox

Damn....this is why I don't really be posting pics much at all! :lachen:

It's those bras that are positioned so high it's near the neck that get me. :look:

BostonMaria

LMAO! Love this thread
If someone posts a thread about how awesome their hair came out but doesn't show pictures... I won't even comment. I feel so violated :lachen: and go to another thread

Please don't ask for help, get the answer after 2 posts, then type "BUMP" for more answers. Were you even looking for an answer?

robot.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't come up in here with some romanticized love story bout someones hair in real life, then FINALLY show up with pics SIX WEEKS later after 286 pages of begging, anticipation, and threats of e-violence! :lachen: :lachen:

Hey! It's not like I made the thread KNOWING I was going to get pictures! You were there for it all! I'm not claiming that one. :lol:

melodies815

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I am with you on this one, sister! But that was still my favorite thread of all time. Okay...mine:

• Don't make a rude, snooty comment on a long thread, get corrected about it and never show up to the thread again.
  • Don't say you're 80% relaxed and 20% natural. What IS that?!?! Renatural? Nelaxed? It doesn't exist.
  • Don't say you're 4b when you're clearly 2b...and vice versa. Don't say you're 3a when you're clearly 4b. :nono: Not sure what the rationale is behind that but...anywhooooo...
  • Can someone please help us with the word "regimen?" It's regimen, not regime or regiment.
Definitions:

Regime - noun - a mode or system of rule or government: a dictatorial regime
Regiment - noun - a unit of ground forces, consisting of two or more battalions or battle groups, a headquarters unit, and certain supporting units.

The correct word is:

Regimen - noun - a regulated course, as of diet, exercise, or manner of living, intended to preserve or restore health or to attain some result.

• Thank people when you create a thread and they compliment or respond otherwise. Even if you don't agree, thank them. They didn't have to take time to respond. To keep up with peoples' responses, subscribe to the threads you create.
  • Be nice, open to other ideas, and treat people how you want to be treated yourself - with dignity and respect. None of us is right all the time.
  • Don't be prideful and assume that your long hair automatically makes you the expert on all things hair-related. The attitude comes across these many miles of internet. :blush: We see you. (Not everyone is like this, but if you feel uncomfortable reading this...you know it's you. *giggles* :lachen: Just kidding, but ya'll know what I'm trying to say.)
  • By the same token, please give respect to true hair veterans and don't come up in here with EL hair giving a bunch of advice. LOL
Girl...you created the first best thread and the second one too!! (IMHO) Glad I am on the bandwagon early.

Hopefully, others will continue to chime in as well...GREAT THREAD!!!

subscribing...

cj

Last edited:

tenderheaded

I was on another site where people kept referring back to the same pics in TEN PAGES:nono: We're not quite that bad, but please, DON'T!

And the thing with suspense building, again not my favorite. OP, I was jsut thinking similar thoughts to yours the other day. Thanks for starting this!