Publix Refuses To Write “ Cum “ On Summa Cum Laude Graduation Cake

intellectualuva

Wait folks dont know it's a word too...like actually in the dictionary??? :lachen:

My question is....if I went to Publix, I couldnt get a cake with a sexual term, if that was context being used? No curse words on cakes? That's so funny.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
This story is funny but stupid at the same time. When the online order clearly wouldn't recognize the word, Cara could've just called Publix or went in person or just went to another bakery. The computer probably deleted the word, the cake decorator didn't read the note, and just put what the computer order said, so they got this ridiculous cake :lol:. It could've easily been fixed.

Transformer

Not necessarily... some of the Catholic High Schools down here do Latin honors because so many of their students graduate with a 3.3 or better. My cousin graduated from her Catholic High School with Magna Cum Laude honors (3.5-3.75).

Thanks. I didn’t know it was used in high schools.

intellectualuva

I swear I was thinking the same thing! Ain't no way! So they don't have a Safeway, BJs or Giant anywhere in the vicinity? I would've just baked some cupcakes. Lol

Publix are down south. I haven't seen a Safeway or Giants at least in this part of Florida, but they have cheaper supermarkets. Its in my opinion in the same lane as a Giants (in a really nice neighborhood). Its not Wegmans or Wholepaycheck. That said, I want to see the receipts. I know plenty of people who have gotten custom cakes from Publix and didn't pay anywhere near 70 dollars. smh. Thats a mess. Maybe it was a rush order or something.

Kalia1

:sad:This whole situation is deplorable.

1. The ignorance of the cake decorator.
2. The price
3. The cake looked like a 5th grader baked it.

Ignorance along with complacency is on the rise. I’m sorry that cake would have stayed in Publix!

Why is it en vogue to be unintelligent and dumb?!?

Last edited:

Glamorous_chic

I’ve had Custom cakes from publix and they didn’t cost anywhere near this some I’m wondering the validity of that price. Also publix is literally the nicest grocery story I’ve been to lol. Nicest in a everyone is smiling and you can ask any employee where something is and they will gladly show you with a smile on your face. I remember going to Walmart and another customer was looking for bottled water and she asked an employee that girl said how the hell am I supposed to know I don’t work in that department and that’s not my job. Not sure if she was just having a bad day but I’ve never had that experience at publix lol. Wegmans was nice but I like publix better personally. Wegmans was too big and reminded me of a high grade wharehouse supermarket like a nice cub foods for anyone that remembers them

GeorginaSparks

I’ve had Custom cakes from publix and they didn’t cost anywhere near this some I’m wondering the validity of that price. Also publix is literally the nicest grocery story I’ve been to lol. Nicest in a everyone is smiling and you can ask any employee where something is and they will gladly show you with a smile on your face. I remember going to Walmart and another customer was looking for bottled water and she asked an employee that girl said how the hell am I supposed to know I don’t work in that department and that’s not my job. Not sure if she was just having a bad day but I’ve never had that experience at publix lol. Wegmans was nice but I like publix better personally. Wegmans was too big and reminded me of a high grade wharehouse supermarket like a nice cub foods for anyone that remembers them
They have great customer service, give their employees good benefits and their bakery and produce are great for a regular degular grocery store.

Last edited: