Puritan's Pride is Nature's Bounty???

Leshia

Puritan\'s Pride is Nature\'s Bounty???

Ladies,
This was an email I received from someone (who obviously reads the boards) who was concerned about our receiving our PPB in a timely manner! Guess we seem a wee bit desperate sometimes, eh? /images/graemlins/look.gif Hey, who was that "mysterious" woman? /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

hell-o, leshia, I've been reading all you young ladies testimonies about puritan pride biotin, so I called them up and they told me that you can get puritan pride products
walmart under natures bounty, that is who it's by, puritan pride is just the company is selling under their name, you might want to pass this on to the other ladies in the
discussion groups so that they can get the product a lot faster, you’re the only one that I saw that had a available email address, so I hope this will help you ladies out
because you all have been a blessing to me!! if you want to give them a call they will tell you the same thing, hope this helps!!!

Re: Puritan\'s Pride is Nature\'s Bounty???

I stand corrected. This is true Natures Bounty is Puritan's Pride. That's nice. Sweet of the lady to tell you this. I called them myself.

Oh great! Now, I really will be become a biotin addict. Imagine me standing out in front smoking a cigarette begging for change to go inside and buy biotin. Oh this could be ugly...actually, it might work to my advantage since I believe that my current stock of PPB is in fact a PLACEBO cause I have not seen any results. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

this is good to know! i've never purchased Puritan's Pride, but i loved the Nature's Bounty C&E combo that i used to take until i couldn't find it anymore. maybe i'll find a place online where i can get both. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

I know I posted this a LONG time ago. Puritan's Pride is the umbrella for a number of brands including Nature's Bounty, catering mostly to drugstore customers, Vitamin World, catering to mainly retail supplement purchasers or smaller online purchasers and did you guys also realize that Holland and Barrett is also Puritan's Pride?

The full Nature's Bounty line is also available at Willner Chemists.

~Jade~

But are the prices as low?

I mean the PP website has a three for one sale right now. I doubt you are going to get those low prices in the store cause once a store is involved there are overhead costs.

hmmm... so can i get my Protoplex Lite from Puritan's Pride? i'm gonna do some investigating... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Hello everyone,
I was wondering about this also because when I got my biotin from Puritan Pride, the label says: Nutrition Warehouse Biotin. Is this the kind everyone else got from them?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
elliot said:
Oh great! Now, I really will be become a biotin addict. Imagine me standing out in front smoking a cigarette begging for change to go inside and buy biotin. Oh this could be ugly...actually, it might work to my advantage since I believe that my current stock of PPB is in fact a PLACEBO cause I have not seen any results. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Elliot, a Placebo? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Girl, i luv ya...when you get out of the mental institution, call me and I'll come pick you up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif *mumbling under my breath..."placebo"...*runs to take more PPB**

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
BlkMane said:
But are the prices as low?

I mean the PP website has a three for one sale right now. I doubt you are going to get those low prices in the store cause once a store is involved there are overhead costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I remember looking at Nature's Bounty in Wally World and it was always, always cheapo. I can't see someone charging an arm and a leg for it. Maybe after the sale is over we can just scoot on over to Walmart... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The website is NBTY.com If you look under the Overview section, you can find most of the brand names listed: Nature's Bounty, Vitamin World, Puritan's Pride, Nutrition Headquarters(I remember when they acquired this company back in 1998), Holland and Barrett, American Health, Nutrition Warehouse, Dynamic Essentials.

You might want to check out the press releases section. NBTY has even acquired a portion of GNC stores in the UK. And, isn't the parent company of GNC a Dutch company? It's either Dutch or Swiss.

Needless to say, the company is making a fortune. In 2000, just through the PP side and online, they had 6 million customers and 15,000 orders daily.

For those of you that recently placed and received orders, I am sure that you see that PP has added a Name Brand section to their offerings at HUGE discounts: 30-40% off. I was really shocked to see Solgar at 40% off. Vitacost.com is going to have some mad competition now.

Additionally, not only is there a free shipping offer with the buy 1, get 2 free sale on their own brands, but there's now a $5.00 off coupon to boot for customers. Expires April 30. If anyone wants the code, feel free to send me a PM.

In the last 6 months, I'd say NBTY has been making some terrific alliances and deals /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The supplement world is so small anyway /images/graemlins/smile.gif

With all the biotin I've received from Puritan's Pride, none of the bottles have ever said anything but Puritan's Pride.

Blkmane, in terms of price, I think the issue is not just which one is the lowest. It really depends on your needs. Suppose that you want to try a product and purchase a small amount. The unit price is really what you look at and if it's less at Vitamin World in terms of the volume you are looking for, then that's what you want. I"ve done several comparisons in the past. I did just this when I tried the organic flaxseed oil. Went over to Vitamin World, got a small amount.

With some of the Puritan's Pride sales, especially the percentage ones (like 70% off, etc), the values are barely at the buy 1, get 1 free sale. You have to watch the unit price and whether "for some strange reason" it has increased. I save my previous catalogues and do an overall assessment.

I have my Willner Chemists Reference Guide for all the suggested retail prices on non-PP items which I purchase. It's great for comparisons because sometimes merchants will inflate the suggested retail price or list price by one or two dollars and then give the discount. Pays to be informed /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers,

Jade

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif OMG THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!! I SEE NATURE'S BOUNTY IN STORES!!! YAHHHHH!!!! I'm going to do a search and see if it is in vitaminshoppe or gnc so i can pick it up. i may still get the puritan's pride but this is good news!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif God bless you all.

This is good information. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I am out of one of my supplements so it's great to know I can pick up the same thing at wal-mart while I wait for my next shipment!

Leshia, I missed reading about this when it was first posted but wanted to say a late thank you for the info. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Jade 21,/images/graemlins/littleangel2.gif , as always, your thorough research and explanation is wonderful! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Smiles4u, glad to be of service...anything to get a "junkie" through to her next "fix". /images/graemlins/sekret.gif Um, I wasn't um....talking about you. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Back